What happened to WWE?

synce

I've been watching it somewhat regularly over the last month hoping something interesting would happen but it never does... The current roster is boring AF. My biggest enjoyment came from watching Lana talk about the glorious Putin and argue with that redneck but I guess something happened and he's gone now too. What happened to stuff like this?

There's just so much dialogue now, and it's not even good dialogue. Look at this shit

Compare this to this golden nugget where you have The Rock being The Rock, Steph calling Kane a retard, and HHH berating the crowd.

Is there any hope of WWE improving soon?

Game Over

What you see is how things progress for the worst when a company no longer has direct competition fighting them for viewers and buyrates. Acquiring WCW (and ECW, for that matter) was both the best and worst thing to happen to WWE. They have LOADS of talent available to them, but have grown far too complacent with their material to work to produce a more entertaining show.

Also, going from a TV-14 to TV-PG rating didn't help either. They self-limit the show in order to fit a "family friendly" model.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Did somebody say Lana?

I loves me some Lana. :3

8biphqi.jpg

mhfvdy7.jpg

hmgdbuu.jpg

7skdnxl.jpg

ChainCombo

Commentary was such gold back then, they talked about story, they talked about the moves being applied in the ring, opinions and one putting the face over while the other getting behind the heel. Now it's just simply dead silence or sounding like they're not even into their product.

Bdiamond

Well since it's no longer directed at an older audience that does kill a lot of potential story routes. And it waters down a lot of personas.

Something that doesn't make sense to me though is, why market it towards a younger audience when they're more likely to be asleep when it airs? lol

Also...these new matches don't feel as exciting as the old ones. There isn't as many awesome performers wrestling anymore. I have a hard time growing to like the roster...then again I hardly watch it as much as I used to.

BTW... WWE needs him
safe_image.php

Chapstick

I was looking up Lana to see what her real name was and if she was even russian (born in Florida lol) and found she was on an episode of Millionaire Matchmaker on the bravo channel as one of the millionaires' dates.

Millionaire_Matchmaker_S01E04_Tai_and_German_avi_flv_002284951.jpg

It's getting pretty hard to watch and it's clear the golden age of WWE is long past.

mizking

i don't know much about WWE today since my cable got cut, all i know is they launched some network thing and lost alot of money out of it, it's boring though since they've got no competition (not even TNA is competition) they pretty much have to compete with other sports like American Football, or MMA.

PacManila

Yea the PG era was really when WWE took a turn for the worst. Poor writing, weak storylines, and some ridiculous booking really impacted the quality. John Cena, in particular, was booked strongly almost all the time when the era started. It almost seemed like there was only one star in the company, and it's what the company feels is all they needed :/

It got interesting when CM Punk dropped his famous "pipebomb", but even he got tired of how things were being run. Despite being champion for so long, he was rarely the headliner in PPVs (I want to say he main evented twice during his long reign). Instead, matches like this were main events:
John-Cena-vs-John-Laurinaitis-in-over-the-limit.jpg

Think Austin vs. McMahon...if it sucked XP

Bdiamond

Lol I was a huge Cena fan from like '05-08. Back then he had some really wicked matches, like that I Quit match vs JBL was fucking crazy. Or when he F-U'd Big Show for the first time (I refuse to call it attitude adjustment). His rivalries with Edge/Triple H/Shawn Michaels were really good as well.

I don't like his present day act, it's too goodie goodie. Hell I haven't seen him do any raps. It's a like a completely different character. He reminds me of fucking Ash Ketchum from pokemon, smfh

...I don't like how they renamed "the STFU" to "the STF" either

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
WWE seems to have its ups and downs just like any other company. I thought Summer Slam was an incredible show, but I love watching the heels win like they did on that night. The only heel that failed was Randy Orton.... big surprise there.

PacManila

Are those for real? LOL

It's straight from WWE's own store site XP.

Unless I had some extra money, I wouldn't get the WWE network. The current product isn't worth paying for it (subscription is set by a number of months, so technically you're not paying "just $9.99"). I could care less about their other shows and I can just look up old matches online.

Chapstick

If you look in the crowd sometimes you'll see a sign that says "$9.99"

When Brie and Stephanie were having one of their arguments one time I saw a sign in the crowd that said "WHO CARES??" lol

PacManila

I can't stand the Bellas segments. None of them can act. I'd rather hear Brock Lesnar cut a promo live >_<

Blash

Too much control over the talent. Thats it!
Thats why we have a prostituted version of "wrestling" at the moment.

I worked in the wrestling business for a decade. I still have a lot of friends in it, that are currently in WWE and have passed through it. I know many others on the indies.

The WWE development has turned naturally creative, charismatic, artistic people into cookie cutter, conveyor-belt shadows of themselves. Many (more than you know) are unhappy, but they don't have the option to just leave cos' the product is probably at its worst level ever (and thats not an exaggeration).

Wrestling needs a renaissance, and as we can see from the past, that comes at a price!

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Lol I was a huge Cena fan from like '05-08. Back then he had some really wicked matches, like that I Quit match vs JBL was fucking crazy. Or when he F-U'd Big Show for the first time (I refuse to call it attitude adjustment). His rivalries with Edge/Triple H/Shawn Michaels were really good as well.

I don't like his present day act, it's too goodie goodie. Hell I haven't seen him do any raps. It's a like a completely different character. He reminds me of fucking Ash Ketchum from pokemon, smfh

...I don't like how they renamed "the STFU" to "the STF" either

I actually hated Cena in 05-08 more than I hate him now. The pay-per-views were stale, he was getting stuck wrestling mid-cards like Umaga and Great Khali... then Wrestlemania would come around and he'd beat my favorites (HHH, Shawn) after getting his ass whooped on technical levels.

Now, he clearly knows himself, he's putting on better matches and he's not holding on to the title like he used to.

When The Rock pinned Cena, and when my man CM Punk beat his streak, I could finally breathe as a fan and put my hate for Cena on the back burner so I could enjoy the rest of the program.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD