What do you want for NG4?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I've pointed that one out a couple of times now lol.

Oh sorry lol

Also ryu can make objects float like he did in ng1 when he went to hell

Dunno why they never brought that ability back, was also my favourite cutscene his voice sounded so badass when he was enchanting the rock

Derga

I'd like the Kitetsu to make a return. Also I'd like the combat aesthetics and feel turn back to its Ninja Gaiden Black roots. I liked it better when Ryu was reserved in combat.
Lop a dudes head off in one fell swoop, and move on to the next target before he has a chance to react. Make me feel like a Ninja again, instead of a messy butcher that he is in NG2.

I know that's probably an unpopular proposal since everyone else seems to love the gore and dismemberment, but eh...

Brute

Standard Donor
I'd like the Kitetsu to make a return. Also I'd like the combat aesthetics and feel turn back to its Ninja Gaiden Black roots. I liked it better when Ryu was reserved in combat.
Lop a dudes head off in one fell swoop, and move on to the next target before he has a chance to react. Make me feel like a Ninja again, instead of a messy butcher that he is in NG2.

I know that's probably an unpopular proposal since everyone else seems to love the gore and dismemberment, but eh...
I liked the feel of hit reaction in NG1's combat. In other words, when I hit someone, they reacted accordingly. NG2 & RE have mystic hitstun properties that can really kill things. I also like how in general the game speed was fast, but not ludicrous with constant explosions, shave damage, projectiles every two seconds, etc.

That said, I love the gore and dismemberment in NG2, and I think Ryu looks very clean and precise doing it.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Next Ninja Gaiden game i hope they give Ryu a life long companion,one that will love him till the end of their days,that will stick with him through thick and thin,that will always have his back,and will always return to their master no matter how harsh he is. Ryu needs to get a mother fucking Ninja Dog!

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Next Ninja Gaiden game i hope they give Ryu a life long companion,one that will love him till the end of their days,that will stick with him through thick and thin,that will always have his back,and will always return to their master no matter how harsh he is. Ryu needs to get a mother fucking Ninja Dog!

Irene always has his back

Hm im thinking in NG4 there should be an opening where Ryu is training Kanji (he would probably be around 15-20) and maybe he can be his partner? Since Ryu did promise to train him

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The idea of a companion is pretty cool on paper and would be utterly ridiculous in gameplay. As a story beat I'm on board, but not if it takes part in the game unless it's a summon-style only.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
The idea of a companion is pretty cool on paper and would be utterly ridiculous in gameplay. As a story beat I'm on board, but not if it takes part in the game unless it's a summon-style only.

I was just thinking in cut scenes only and maybe in one level and one other level where you play as the partner but thats it

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I was specifically referring to an actuall ninja dog but that Sanji thing does give me an idea,perhaps they could use that as an introduction into the game where as you play as Sanji while Ryu is somewhere giving you commands on the basics.idealisticly this would only trigger if before you begin the game you would select "no I haven't played an NG game before" or something like that.

The temporary companion idea I suppose worked out alright in RE with Momiji it could work with others even a dog,though moderation is key.

The summon idea I would assume would work as a temporary ninpo power?

ooh i just had a very interesting idea.maybe give new meaning to the term ninja dog mode....

Assuming the game is still hard/cheap as fuck people especially new players would need help what if in the next game they were assisted by a ninja dog,now what if someone had completed Master Ninja wanted to do more?what I propose is for the game to give them the ability to "possess" the ninja dog of anouther weaker player then using the mic and limited move set of the dog not so much as help them to fight but teach them how.

Brute

Standard Donor
Was writing this for another thread, and then decided "Well that's a bit off-topic. better post in in the NG section"
This is basically my thoughts on each game's strengths and weaknesses, and gives a basic idea of what I'd like to see in NG4.

Ninja Gaiden: Black
+ World immersion & exploration
+ Very calculated, technical combat. Nothing left to randomness. Your skill alone dictates success or failure
+ Hidden secrets (Unlabored Flawlessness)
+ Varied enemy designs and strategies
+ Excellent boss fights
+ Great soundtrack
+ Good weapons
+ Overall, good inventory system
+ Great replay value with costume unlocks, mission modes, hidden content, new and exciting difficulty levels
- Selective purpose weapons (not every weapon could be used in every situation)
- Lack of perpetuity (weapons/items/scrolls/ninpo all reset, no level select, etc.)
- Not as full as it could be (alt. characters, level select, co-op etc. would be welcome in some form)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma
+ Dual katanas
- Every other change made from Black

Ninja Gaiden 2
+ Grand and beautiful environments
+ Visceral, sharp and fluid combat
+ Brutal gore and a sense of carnage
+ Amazing weapon selection. All feel great and can be used in nearly any situation. Lots of freedom
+ Great soundtrack
+ Great mission mode with DLC
- Combat can be random, unbalanced and cheap (enemy hitstun is too random, behaviors unpredictable, bad spawns, projectile spam, etc.)
- Bad camera
- Lack of replay value (no new enemies on higher difficulties, bad costume unlocks, etc.)
- Lack of perpetuity (same as in Black)
- Horrible boss fights (seriously, horrible)
- Not as full as it could be (alt. characters, level select, co-op etc. would be welcome in some form)

Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma
+ Better costumes, weapons and character selection than NG2 vanilla
+ Level select
+ Co-op
+ Most good stuff from NG2 vanilla still here
- Purple mist/lack of gore
- Weird spawns and some new, ludicrous enemies/AI patterns
- Shitty mission mode
- Most bad stuff from NG2 vanilla still here

Ninja Gaiden 3
+ "A Masked Curse" (the Regent's theme) is a pretty cool song
- Everything else

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
+ Good gore
+ Decent weapon select
+ Good costume/character selection
+ Level select
+ Co-op mode
+ Decent mission mode
+ Sense of perpetuity (character unlocks/upgrades retained for chapter challenge and the such)
- Combat is at an all-time low, excluding NG3 vanilla (far too random and bullshitty)
- Bad inventory system
- Weapons are gimmicky in use and best strategies revolve and mindless spam and luck
- Boring environments
- Lame, uninspired, annoying and cheap enemies
- Lackluster soundtrack
- Horrible boss fights

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I wouldn't call the weapons gimmicky if the game didn't have the auto dodge feature for the enemies most of the weapons would have been fine.

Honestly in terms of levels I've been looking at how Dark Souls made theirs, it's linear for the most part but exploration is rewarded and by doing different things you can unlock short cuts and previously Inaccesable areas. I think this is what many where talking about wanting correct?

Brute

Standard Donor
I wouldn't call the weapons gimmicky if the game didn't have the auto dodge feature for the enemies most of the weapons would have been fine.
I would. Often the weapons are a one-trick pony. Falcon's Talons are all about the dash-cancels, scythe is all the 360 Y and SoB, then there's the Lunar...

Honestly in terms of levels I've been looking at how Dark Souls made theirs, it's linear for the most part but exploration is rewarded and by doing different things you can unlock short cuts and previously Inaccesable areas. I think this is what many where talking about wanting correct?
Kind of, but then of course making things like a level select or a chapter-challenge co-op mode would become much more difficult than if they went for NG2-styled levels. Pros and cons.

DeathHand

I played sigma1 at my friend (helped him with some parts in the game on hard and very hard), the walking on the water combat system seems a lot better, simple but better,didnt had to constantly press x and the walking was a lot more "solid" than the one from ng2 and I like what they did with the wind reverse technique, in ng2 he just steps in the direction you want, kinda makes the combat more exiting when your character does more than one thing to dodge an attack.
I hope they get rid of cheap 100missiles/100incendiary kunais on the screen, and improve the enemy strategies/AI like it was in ng black/sigma, thats what realy killed the series for me

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Considering they considered NG3 vanilla "completed" upon release, I'm not sure there's any accurate way to gauge that. :p

ugh I doubt it won't be done until 2016 seeing has its only been 1 year and yaiba is being worked on, ffs

I literally get depressed thinking how far away NG4, I just love this series so much and need some new content D:

Akumasama

Hey Brute just read your post. I don't get what you mean with "perpetuity".
Probably my limit, english ain't my mother language (yes I know, I didn't have to say that :p)

I kinda agree with your analysys.
Overall NG1 is still my favourite, but in spite of the several differences I liked NG2 as well.
One thing you didn't say about Sigma2 that made many people hate it (but I loved it!) is that the fight pace is often a bit slower, sometimes less enemies on screen etc.
This and a couple of other small changes made the game a bit (just a tiny bit!) more similar to NG1 and I apreciated that.

Online mode was pretty cool too, too bad not many people used to play it.
Whatever they want to do with NG4 I don't care, as long as it's nothing like NG3 I'll be fine.
With Hayabusa and Hayate for protagonists, because fuck even more boobs! We have DOA and DOAX for that! NG has to be testosteronic, manly and hairy, very hairy.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD