"We are Tekken" v. "We are Fighters" ?

MrMoon360

Seen this yet?

Is Harada calling out Shimbori here, or is it just me?
If so, is this an intended friendly rivalry or a purposefully imposed overshadowing of another series?
Like, "We sh*ttin' on you DOA. Yeah."? xD

Your opinions, updates on the matter, and thoughts please.
Seems a little direct if you ask me.

Does this mean Harada's intimidated?
Probably not. But that would be interesting.

Allan Paris

They chose a dumbass song for their trailer. I like that they are releasing the game in the same month. Competition is a beautiful thing. Given the past comments by Itagaki and Hayashi, why wouldn't Harada do this?

MrMoon360

They chose a dumbass song for their trailer. I like that they are releasing the game in the same month. Competition is a beautiful thing. Given the past comments by Itagaki and Hayashi, why wouldn't Harada do this?

Itagaki I understand, but Hayashi? He never directed a challenge or criticism directly toward Harada or his work. Itagaki is past and gone. Harada may not get that since of rivalry he once had from Team Ninja. I hope he does though.
If Shimbori makes some sort of direct comeback against this campaign like, "We are better fighters than Tekken" or something along those lines, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

I do think, however, with DOA5 offering something fresh and new to the fighting game community, it will grab the attention of the casual gamers, amounting in a larger fanbase.
Tekken is rehashing and adding what should've been in the first TTT. All the game has to offer is more characters -- not that we won't enjoy that. (hell, he's not charging us for it like Capcom)
Look at DOA2. That tag system was sweet since then.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just wondering if I was the only one who recognized in the Ripten interiew that Shimbori mentioned that tag "wouldn't be sold as a separate game" as a dig at TTT2.

MrMoon360

Just wondering if I was the only one who recognized in the Ripten interiew that Shimbori mentioned that tag "wouldn't be sold as a separate game" as a dig at TTT2.

Holy mac. I didn't catch that! Ohhhhh! xD
What else could he have meant by that??
Zing.

PhoenixVFIRE

I recognized that when I read it...rather hilarious. I was laughing in my seat.

DriftSlave

I find this funny because no one really says anything about DOA's tag function....I know it can be cool at times but as it stands....Tag2 is some awesome stuff to compete with, especially with those 50+ characters in the console version. I think making Tag specific games as a gimmick has worked well for them...implying that it's something that should just be a extra feature or a attachment is like how Sony looked at motion controls to the Wii >_>' is well........we all see how that went.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD