Media Warrior's Wrath: A Leon Match Video Thread

KidArk

Just some Leon beating up Ayane

I hate that spinning ho, she should just go back to beyblades and leave the fighting to adults. Well since we're getting Phase 4 Kasumi, maybe alpha Leon? Every air throw, desert eagle and dervish throw gets a guaranteed furniture hit. By that I mean they spawn furniture for it to hit even if I'm in dojo, so I can 33p, 3k, BURST.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Dojo should just be walled in and have furniture scattered about when Leon is in play.

Love the comeback at the end of the second video, Brute. Also, I've noticed that you never seem to go for the arm break variant out of Mount Tackle. Any reason for it? It does, I believe, 8 more damage than the headbutt. I'd say go for the arm break instead and switch to the headbutt if your opponent frequently escapes the arm break.

Brute

Standard Donor
Couple reasons. First, like you said it's 8 more damage. Damage is always damage, but for literally double the risk in having it broken, I'm not sure 8 damage is worth it (it actually feels like more than double as you can catch people with the tackle by surprise and the first part is rarely broken, whereas they have time to prepare for the second part of the arm break). You would think that damage scales on HiC, but nope. Still just +8 for some reason.

Another interesting thing is that the punch version causes a floor hit with the last strike, whereas the arm break doesn't. I know what you're thinking: "Oh, well than the +10 on an explosive floor would make the punches net more damage than the arm break!" But no. Unfortunately it only get's +1 damage, making it still 7 less than the arm break. However, with a breakable floor, you get the full +10 damage, technically giving you 2 more damage from the punches than the arm break, and setting you up for a nice follow-up floor grab on slow opponents.

Lastly, I just think that aesthetically punching my opponent in the face repeatedly before headbutting the crap out of them looks cooler than turning their arm into my personal dildo.

Overall, I just find the risk/reward a bit skewed to convince me to use the arm break, though I do use it on occasion. Now I know what you're gonna say: "But at round 3 on the bottom floor of Scramble, if you had done the arm break, you could've taken the match right there. Instead you gave him a chance to come back, and lucked out he messed up." And you are absolutely right. That was totally an instance where I should have used the arm break instead. Muscle memory got the best of me.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Understandable. I'm just saying that if you learn to get the timing down to make the arm break unbreakable, it'd be worth it.

In my own experience, the arm break is rarely ever broken, so I always opt for that until my opponent starts breaking out of it, or my opponent's remaining life is low enough that the headbutt will KO.

I do like the animation of the headbutt more though.

KidArk

The headbutt sets up another ground throw, so you can try to get them with the arm break. Once they start teaching the arm break , just press K after you wife the low throw and it does WR K and pops them up. When you get an arm break it sets you up to do two back dashes and then P+K T for wake up punish. X at least that's how I use the ground throw. Also when the opponent gets wall splatted, I get a low thrown too, this makes them tech after wall splats and I just WR K into the wall and try to throw them.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD