Media Warrior's Wrath: A Leon Match Video Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
Good stuff! Only thing I'd say is look out for those low punishes. You dodged Bayman's tankroll/special WU and Ryu's guillotine throw/ongyoin teleport OH fine by ducking, but you didn't capitalize on the HiC low throw punish you could have. Maybe you just have a different style, but free damage is free damage.

Also, that was one weird Hayabusa...

AkaShocka

Lol. So I just won my very first Leon fight. I had no idea what I was doing. But I was spamming the tackle into the arm rape. Ooooooh, good times.
Anyway, I'm having technical difficulties with his combos. I have one strange looking combo into a ground grab (if the foe is close enough).
P.S. Fork, I tried to steal some of your combos but I failed so miserably to execute them :)

PJudge

Good stuff! Only thing I'd say is look out for those low punishes. You dodged Bayman's tankroll/special WU and Ryu's guillotine throw/ongyoin teleport OH fine by ducking, but you didn't capitalize on the HiC low throw punish you could have. Maybe you just have a different style, but free damage is free damage.

Also, that was one weird Hayabusa...
Yeah, my brother has a very unique style. I like it, i think he's good, but he wasn't really on his best on main stage. As much as it sounds like a go-to excuse, he's normally a lot better. We were talking about it afterwards and he was saying he only really piqued in the first half, which sucks because I was actually expecting him to come higher than me. I'm not really sure how he is in terms of skill from an outside point of view though, because i always play him and I'd say we were at the same level, but he's better than me. I dunno.

Yeah, again, because we fight each other so much, it looks far more random for him to do low throws, or are you talking about his leglock?

Brute

Standard Donor
Yeah, my brother has a very unique style. I like it, i think he's good, but he wasn't really on his best on main stage. As much as it sounds like a go-to excuse, he's normally a lot better.
Nah, I get that. If you saw the livestream of my first tournament... yeah. I was pathetic.

Yeah, again, because we fight each other so much, it looks far more random for him to do low throws, or are you talking about his leglock?
I was just talking about the different OHs that resulting in a crouching status, and are thus low-throw punishable with HiCounter damage. I'm not sure what Bayman's tankroll OH is called, but moves like that, his WU when face-up feet-facing-opponent, and then Ryu's 8T. You ducked them all to avoid them, but didn't punish them.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Only thing I'd say is look out for those low punishes. You dodged Bayman's tankroll/special WU and Ryu's guillotine throw/ongyoin teleport OH fine by ducking, but you didn't capitalize on the HiC low throw punish you could have. Maybe you just have a different style, but free damage is free damage.

I noticed that too. Throw them suckas.

that was one weird Hayabusa...

Yeah. A lot of three kick man going on.

DontForkWitMe

Sorry for double post, and I'm pretty sure you all know it, but if you can hit 2KK, you can get what i like to call a pseudo-guaranteed throw. Personally I use a lot of 2KK>6T, but with a bit of riskiness (allowing them 3 frames to react) you can also get 2KK>4T>2T.2T

Also, on a side note, below is me and my brother's match from Ultimate Power Launcher where I knock him out of the tournament. Unfortunately they aren't our best matches (I'm working on getting a capture card for our fights) but I figured it's some Leon vids. I would say that I'm better than I was then, as this was about a month ago, and I've practiced since when I've had the chance:

Let me know what you guys think.

not bad, a good tip is after desert falcon you should rush them down for a ground throw to put fear in them to tech roll because if they dont tech they get ground dervished thrown and if they do tech you still get frame advantage and can continue pressure

Last edited:

KidArk

K so this fight was really bad, i woke up went on psn to try the new maps , i join some lobby and well.. this happens.

LEON'S POWER BLOW PISSES ME OFF , I ALWAYS MISS IT. Idk hitomi got scared during that second round LOL

After i beat his hitomi , he switched to Ein and well, he shouldn't have switched to Ein...

I got some more somewhere lolo

AkaShocka

I'm not fully sure so I think it's best if I ask. Can Leon control the direction the foe will go during his air throw? It seems like the players can aim where they want the other guy to go. Is that true or is the camera just changing around?

DontForkWitMe

I'm not fully sure so I think it's best if I ask. Can Leon control the direction the foe will go during his air throw? It seems like the players can aim where they want the other guy to go. Is that true or is the camera just changing around?

He can aim it in 4 different directions forward(T) backward(4T)foreground(82T) and background(28T).

AkaShocka

Hm. So if I'm doing a combo in the opposite direction of a breakable object, is it possible that he can just turn around and throw them into the object? And if you're at the Lost World stage, can he throw them straight off like Tina's :426::T: or will they hit the floor first and just magically fall of afterwards? Lol

Brute

Standard Donor
Hm. So if I'm doing a combo in the opposite direction of a breakable object, is it possible that he can just turn around and throw them into the object? And if you're at the Lost World stage, can he throw them straight off like Tina's :426::H+P: or will they hit the floor first and just magically fall of afterwards? Lol
Yup. All that's possible.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Leon.

DontForkWitMe

Hm. So if I'm doing a combo in the opposite direction of a breakable object, is it possible that he can just turn around and throw them into the object? And if you're at the Lost World stage, can he throw them straight off like Tina's :426::H+P: or will they hit the floor first and just magically fall of afterwards? Lol

Yup for both questions, also if an object is in the vicinity of the air throw he will splat them into it even if your're off axis he will automatically lock on to it. also if angled right he can ricochet opponents into a wall and off a ledge.

both examples are shown starting at the 1:18 mark in my match below

pre-patch the backward air grab i did at 1:20 mark would've ignored the pillar and just thrown him directly behind him and all off axis air throws wouldn't wall splat

D Glock

NOIF LOION!!!!!!11111

he71k8A.gif

NB6S1Uj.gif

Brute

Standard Donor
Didn't know Gruff still played on PSN these days.
Anyway, my Leon's not up to par with you guys', but I'll contribute how I can.

AkaShocka

More questions! Ok. How would Leon do against Kasumi and Christie? Other than punishing, is there something else be an do vs those two? Yes they are unsafe so punishing would be reasonable, but as we know, Kasumi and Christie players don't finish strings because they know the deal. I will probably have @Tenryuga help me out with the Kasumi part. But Christie, she has mix ups for days and her strings never end. I was fighting a pretty decent Leon with Christie. He was doing well in the lobby until I showed up with Christie and Sarah (haha top tiers!) and he seemed like he was shaking up due to their crazy offensive game. He punished Christie a few times but he was totally shaking up vs Sarah. So Fork or Brute, what do you do with Leon against faster, mix up heavy, and hard to read characters?

Tenryuga

Maaan I really gotta get some games in against you Leon players. I need help dealing with pressure heavy characters and from what I see you guys dont give a damn about spacing or footsies which is stuff Ein has to do. It will really help me level up my game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD