VF5 FS Pre-launch party May 19th LA

Tenren

then EVO lol, im judging all day Friday so may not find the time to play in the Sega side tourney

Berzerk!

So if I want everything it's going to cost me $140? Ouch! I want my $60 retail release now. =(

No, the game is $15, and if you want one character pack its $5. If you want many characters, there are two multi-character packs for $15 each, so fortunately Sega have thought about that.

That's $45 for the whole hog, gotta-have-everything - remember the DLC is only cosmetic

ScattereDreams

Let's be realistic lol. Most people only play 1-3 characters in the game so I doubt people are actually going to buy all the DLC anyway. Besides like Berzerk said if you do want everything then you can just buy the multiple character packs = $45 for game and DLC. Considering if it was being released as a disc it would probably be $40 anyway, so I have no complaints about the game + DLC pricing being split the way it is.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
The way the press release is worded makes it seem as if the $15 packs contain different items than the $5 character packs.

Tenren

copied from VFDC
10. How much will the DLC items cost?
Character customization DLC packs will be available immediately upon launch for all 19 fighters individual or as two discounted bundle packs. The two discounted bundle packs, consisting of nine characters’ worth of DLC items and the other with 10 characters’ worth, will be available at launch for $14.99/ £9.99/ AUD$18.25/ €12.99 each on PSN and 1,200 Microsoft Points each on XBLA. Each individual character customization pack costs $4.99/ £3.59/ AUD$6.25/ €4.49 for PSN and 400 Microsoft Points for XBLA, and will contain 600-950 customization items. Note: Items are already unlocked once purchase.(Updated: 15-May-2012, Ref #11).[/COLOR]

Allan Paris

Well $15 is ok, free is better though.

Edit: Tenren, your post (the VFDC quote) is not visible to people who are using FSD white. The text is white, change it to gray or something that is not too annoying to look at.

Gill Hustle

I just found out! ONLY $15 BUCKS?! REALLY?! $5 per character?!:eek: Sarah and Vanessa DAY ONE! I CAN'T BREATHE . . . does this mean that there are no in-game unlockable items ?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD