Tougeki Combo Exhibition!

MrMoon360

I wasn't directly referring to what he said in that quote. I was referred to what I had corrected him on in my previous post and the fact that his understanding of the system is wrong. I only quoted that post because it showed he either has me on ignore or ignored my post correcting him.

So basically, you was just startin' stuff.
I got chu.

MrMoon360

If he's going to continue saying things that are incorrect in his fight to create a game a lot of us don't want, I'm going to call him out when he's incorrect about things.

DrDogg, I respect the position you have as a well-known member here and your hands-on experience with the E3 build, but I remained silent about a post on frame traps you tried to explain a while ago. Lets not start calling people out here when we need to be looking upon ourselves sometimes.

Lets play nice and professional around here. Personal attacks really get us nowhere.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
DrDogg, I respect the position you have as a well-known member here and your hands-on experience with the E3 build, but I remained silent about a post on frame traps you tried to explain a while ago. Lets not start calling people out here when we need to be looking upon ourselves sometimes.

Lets play nice and professional around here. Personal attacks really get us nowhere.

Well that was kind of a buzz kill.

MrMoon360

Lets move on. At least Dr.Dogg always is willing to answer our questions and provides us with good information.
I'm not denying that. But at least? I hope you don't mean others aren't credited for this.
He's in a good position to feed us info we simply do not or could not know.
Sometimes he can lack a little patience concerning questions. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge, stupidity is the poor application of knowledge. So questions out of simply not knowing certain things require patience without scolding, see?
But you're right, lets move on.

Dr. Dogg gets his props for that Fresh Prince gif. lol I'm just as happy about all the new announcements.

DrDogg

I'm not denying that. But at least? I hope you don't mean others aren't credited for this.
He's in a good position to feed us info we simply do not or could not know.
Sometimes he can lack a little patience concerning questions. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge, stupidity is the poor application of knowledge. So questions out of simply not knowing certain things require patience without scolding, see?
But you're right, lets move on.

Dr. Dogg gets his props for that Fresh Prince gif. lol I'm just as happy about all the new announcements.

I've had quite a bit of patience and answered every question Doug (or anyone else for that matter) has had. But it does help to start trying to figure things out on your own, which is why I mentioned that to him (followed promptly by the answer to his question).

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
This site is such garbage. lol.

We have a fucking awesome ass exhibition video and dumb fucks are arguing about VF.

If you're going to insult someones behavior, you should direct the insults to the actual people you mean to insult and not put a blanket insult over the entire site for it.

No sense blaming the hammer because the wielder crushed his thumb, and so fourth. I imagine Mr. Wah doesn't appreciate it either, as the website itself is quite good. Not his fault what people decide to do on it.

DrDogg

You know what Sorwah, just delete all of the the posts quoting Cow aside from my first one (I removed mine). I never wanted to discuss Akira and I'm clearly not getting through to him on the topic I actually wanted to discuss.

Skilletor

If you're going to insult someones behavior, you should direct the insults to the actual people you mean to insult and not put a blanket insult over the entire site for it.

No sense blaming the hammer because the wielder crushed his thumb, and so fourth. I imagine Mr. Wah doesn't appreciate it either, as the website itself is quite good. Not his fault what people decide to do on it.

You're right, of course, but far too many threads are derailed in stupid arguments.

I apologize to Mr. Wah. The site is nice, too many people want to shit it up.

Hope DoA5 is all you guys want it to be.

Doug Nguyen

I've had quite a bit of patience and answered every question Doug (or anyone else for that matter) has had. But it does help to start trying to figure things out on your own, which is why I mentioned that to him (followed promptly by the answer to his question).
Yeah i know and i appreciate it.

qoodname

It seems like things have finally cooled down a bit. So we can get back to where we left off, right? Like being happy about having more save moves and that it seems TN actually listened to us quite a bit for example.

Chris Harris

Just people are not confused I would like to state that Akira is no longer "execution" heavy anymore. The only difficult move he has is his knee and that's about it. He has been toned down really hard in the execution area but he's still a very difficult character to excel with. . . .

On the upside I am hoping they keep that damage even though it was mainly high counter stuff.

MrMoon360

It seems like things have finally cooled down a bit. So we can get back to where we left off, right? Like being happy about having more save moves and that it seems TN actually listened to us quite a bit for example.

Yeah man. I'm also glad Shimbori has a vision for his own game. Critical Bursts came from Team Ninja, not the fans.
When a surprisingly solid mechanic comes from someone we've had doubts in, it just makes you realize he's no idiot.
I can't wait to get my hands on the final build to learn the ins and outs of the new system.

Edit:
Just people are not confused I would like to state that Akira is no longer "execution" heavy anymore. The only difficult move he has is his knee and that's about it. He has been toned down really hard in the execution area but he's still a very difficult character to excel with. . . .

The buffer system in DOA has always been the most lenient and fluid. Perhaps this is all you're experiencing?

MajesticBlue

"We also changed the critical threshold from 24, 30, 36 to 28, 35, 42."

I don't know if you guys have this figured out already but, Doad has a threshold counter. (Yeah I know my constant reference to the game is old.) So I figured I could add the little info I know. In at least this version of the game the first stun doesn't count and threshold maxes out at 40. The type of stun and the damage seem to be what determines the value.( As far as I can tell it is just damage until I find a stun that does something different.)

Sitdown stuns.
Bayman and Leon's both add 16 to the threshold after a stun.
Hayabusa's Sitdown adds 13 to the threshold.
Hayate's adds 15.
(For those kind of curious about what the range of the numbers could be. Even though they are from the previous.)

So with limited testing I see they have a formula for it. The number added is the damage after the scaling. So maybe the scaling is being tweaked as well.

Does anybody know the threshold for Doa 4? The max threshold is only 2 larger then Doad. Also is 42 gonna be when it resets or for max launch you think? *Edit* Ok I just figured out that 42 will be for a max launch since 36 =42 is not 40=?? Unless max threshold in Doa 4 is 36.

Also it is very well possible there are more changes to the whole stun system in general. Making previous knowledge moot till we know more.

X-Savior

i swear that everytime i watch this combo video, i fall more in love with this game. i really am hoping his game atracts fighting game lovers as well as those COD fans. I really can't wait for this game!

On a side note, does anyone know if akira has his unblockable string? that may be where his damage lies. Besides that, akira is a VERY good pressure character, so they may have changed his playstyle from Nightmare-ish to a more speedy version.
Trust me, if that was 100% FS Akira, you guys would be complaining.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
i swear that everytime i watch this combo video, i fall more in love with this game. i really am hoping his game atracts fighting game lovers as well as those COD fans. I really can't wait for this game!

On a side note, does anyone know if akira has his unblockable string? that may be where his damage lies. Besides that, akira is a VERY good pressure character, so they may have changed his playstyle from Nightmare-ish to a more speedy version.
Trust me, if that was 100% FS Akira, you guys would be complaining.

the unblockable string is in ;)

Chris Harris

Yeah man. I'm also glad Shimbori has a vision for his own game. Critical Bursts came from Team Ninja, not the fans.
When a surprisingly solid mechanic comes from someone we've had doubts in, it just makes you realize he's no idiot.
I can't wait to get my hands on the final build to learn the ins and outs of the new system.

Edit:

The buffer system in DOA has always been the most lenient and fluid. Perhaps this is all you're experiencing?

Experiencing what about what? Akira's execution has been toned down. . .has nothing to do with DoA. Do you even understand what I was talking about?

AWWW SHIT! :D now i can test my luck with that string in DOA!
btw does anyone know if the VF characters will be allowed in Tourneys?

Of course they will. They aren't console specific so no reason they should be banned.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD