Tougeki 2012

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
And yet her :3::3::F+P: does like a quarter of a life bar or more on high-counter. There doesn't seem to be any real consistency. They thankfully toned down Busa's Izuna damage though. Hopefully they'll continue to tone it down to the level of Kasumi's :2::F+P:. =P

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Oy oy, fuck you. The Izuna must have ridiculous damage. It's a series staple. Also, no matter how much they knock it down, an Izuna through the floor like on the Oil Rig is still gonna be devastating.

BamBiskit

Wowza! Thanks Grap for the upload.

Lisa looks a bit faster, and I am loving the ability to chain more effective combos off a simple launch. I think if the Lisa player would have encorporated more of her damaging throws she would have been a powerhouse. Counter...if you dare!

I think Kasumi's underwhelming damage off Hi Counter only speaks to her combo potential.....I am hoping ^_^ And if the 1st combo balance test i any indication, this ain't no DOA4 juggling Kasumi.

As for this buffer business, pro seems to be the way to go for anyone with even a decent grasp of the game's mechanics.

Knowxscape

Great vid Grap3, This game just keeps getting better and better.

on a second note, A Lisa player made it to the finals of a tournament? Its a Freakin Christmas Miracle!!!

TRI Mike

I actually didn't like those matches at all. They weren't even playing DOA4. Most of them didn't know what they were doing. Using low jabs for juggling. It was a mess for me to be honest. Top 8 and only one CB combo in the entire video (Christie player) and no sidestepping at all.

I didn't learn anything from it nor noticed any changes or mechanics. I mean it is cool to watch the SBO matches and grap3 did a great job editing the video for us but the matches themselves were pretty shitty. Except for Fang's blue dress.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
so.. what is it exactly regarding sidestep?
individual editing option for each player in the button config?
or one universal option in the main options menu?

This is a big deal if it were the latter...

tournaments will be screwed up so bad..

UnD34D

Tougeki looked like balls, glad I didn't waste money/leave to fly down there. I'm considering going to the comic con but it looks super packed and hot...

Raansu

I actually didn't like those matches at all. They weren't even playing DOA4. Most of them didn't know what they were doing. Using low jabs for juggling. It was a mess for me to be honest. Top 8 and only one CB combo in the entire video (Christie player) and no sidestepping at all.

I didn't learn anything from it nor noticed any changes or mechanics. I mean it is cool to watch the SBO matches and grap3 did a great job editing the video for us but the matches themselves were pretty shitty. Except for Fang's blue dress.

Yeah, I mean I get that the game isn't out yet but the quality of players wasn't all that great...

so.. what is it exactly regarding sidestep?
individual editing option for each player in the button config?
or one universal option in the main options menu?

This is a big deal if it were the latter...

tournaments will be screwed up so bad..

Geez dude do you ever actually read anything?

It's an individual setting for each player.

And no tournament's wouldn't be "screwed up bad." People would just sit down and come up with a standard if it wasn't an individual setting and chances are the standard would become the 8/2 h+p+k to avoid the 33/11 error when trying to do 22 or trying to do 22 and getting 33/11

UnD34D

Geez dude do you ever actually read anything?

And no tournament's wouldn't be "screwed up bad." People would just sit down and come up with a standard if it wasn't an individual setting and chances are the standard would become the 8/2 h+p+k to avoid the 33/11 error when trying to do 22 or trying to do 22 and getting 33/11

At first I thought your top line was referring to me, because the answer is no. Then I read, and it wasn't me lol. I'm not down with waiting a million hours for button configs and individual settings. In a Tekken tournament I had to wait literally 15-20 minutes with this guy in a match because he had his button settings written on a piece of paper and had to figure it out via his piece of paper, only to have me body him in less time, because obviously he was a scrub.

Is there really a 33/11 error when trying to sidestep, or are people just scrubs? Because pressing 22/88 should be the standard... like EVERY OTHER FIGHTING GAME.

Doug Nguyen

Kinda sad most of them were Kasumi players, but werent that good at showing her off. The Lisa and Christie players were pretty good though.

TRI Mike

This "tournament" was just a manifestation of what the online is going to be. A helluva bunch of Kasumi players who jack off to her instead of learning to play and lean 100% to the DOA4 style.

I can predict already that most of my online experience with the game will be exclusively with people here.

Raansu

At first I thought your top line was referring to me, because the answer is no. Then I read, and it wasn't me lol. I'm not down with waiting a million hours for button configs and individual settings. In a Tekken tournament I had to wait literally 15-20 minutes with this guy in a match because he had his button settings written on a piece of paper and had to figure it out via his piece of paper, only to have me body him in less time, because obviously he was a scrub.

Is there really a 33/11 error when trying to sidestep, or are people just scrubs? Because pressing 22/88 should be the standard... like EVERY OTHER FIGHTING GAME.

You mean like how offensive steps are 88/22 in VF5FS? Oh wait they're 8/2 h+p+k and just 8/2 for quick steps. I honestly think many would agree that with DoA's wacky buffering system that 88/22 would be a nightmare for most people. Or did you forget about the famous DoA4 "high level jump" already?

Button configs are going to happen. Most people have their configs memorized and takes two seconds to set them up.

This "tournament" was just a manifestation of what the online is going to be. A helluva bunch of Kasumi players who jack off to her instead of learning to play and lean 100% to the DOA4 style.

I can predict already that most of my online experience with the game will be exclusively with people here.

Not if you make friends and play with the right people =P. I learn a few random tricks here and there but for the most part I avoid public rooms and practice playing the game with friends that want to actually play/learn how to play the game.

TRI Mike

Yeah that's exactly what I'll do... for the online experience. Offline, I'm very worried because I'm pretty much the only person in my country who sees the game as the posters here do. The rest are just stupid casuals paying attention to the story and the costumes.

I mean, costumes are nice and the girls are very pretty. It's retarded to deny it but that won't build the scene we want for the game. I have a plan to gather at least eight "good" players for offline tournaments every month or two with streaming and match-uploading in YouTube but I fear I might not even manage that. I get very frustrated every time I think about it.

I envy you people who can move inside your own country for offline gatherings. I wish I could join you people. You have no idea how it feels to be alone in something like this.

Berzerk!

You mean like how offensive steps are 88/22 in VF5FS? Oh wait they're 8/2 h+p+k and just 8/2 for quick steps. I honestly think many would agree that with DoA's wacky buffering system that 88/22 would be a nightmare for most people. Or did you forget about the famous DoA4 "high level jump" already?

Button configs are going to happen. Most people have their configs memorized and takes two seconds to set them up..

Very good points. And gladly, the new DOA config is one of the fastest and best configs.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Yeah that's exactly what I'll do... for the online experience. Offline, I'm very worried because I'm pretty much the only person in my country who sees the game as the posters here do. The rest are just stupid casuals paying attention to the story and the costumes.
I'm offended by this. I happen to be one of those "stupid casuals that pay attention to the story and the costumes". Hell, I even wank to Christie often, and I turned out just fine as a Christie player willing to learn how to actually play her.

Stereotyping is wrong.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD