DOA5U Tina's nerfs, buffs and QA in DOA5U

MasterHavik

I knew how to play her, but I could never wrap my mind around her playstyle. All my ideas just led back to Bass. So tell why do you love shining wizard so much with her?

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Tina might be a "grappler," but her combo damage is no joke. If they don't hold, they lose half their health. If they do hold, they lose half their health.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
Maybe I don't play Tina correctly, or maybe I don't fight that many good opponents or whatever, but despite all the nerfs on pape,r as a Tina purist, it has not affected the way I play that much at all I still feel she is strong.

Brute

Standard Donor
Really dumb question: In her combo challenge, how do you do the 7K 2T one? She never wants to do a floor throw for some reason, just a duck throw. I've tried waiting to make sure they are completely on the ground, but then they just get back up. The heck am I doing wrong?

edit: Just got it. Apparently you're supposed to do it immediately before they actually hit the ground. Silly me. derp

TRI Mike

Guys I finally got internet back at home. I'm planning on writing a small wall of text stating our wishes for the blonde chick to TN, I'm gonna need everyone to post your opinions, your own wishes and of course tweet the fuck out of it to the developers. If I'm wrong and they're not doing this nerf tsunami on purpose then they might listen to us and we'll get a decent Tina again.

Because right now, she isn't good at all.

Alex_MaGanda

Tina is very fun to use and shes really good. My tina was whooping ass lately :D I will try some of the stuff out especially the FT from BT with H+K sounds nice. Its important to have a good defense to find an opening to beat out your opponent. If youre smart you can have a good pressure game going on with tina. If you know they will counter dont hesitate to use tinas 41236 Throw

OolongTea

I'm also liking her a lot!
Is there really a FT from BT H+K? How does that work? :eek:
Players that attack fast and press a lot of buttons are giving me headaches (and I've only started playing yesterday, lolz). I kinda have to rely too much on 44p and the slow 1k or 2k strings to get something going - and they get beaten by mids a lot... sometimes 66T and 46T. I guess I should hold more, but I'm only confident in doing it if they're spamming the same moves :(

Is sidestep in this game good like in tekken? Or is Tina's sidestep not that good? Can't seem to hit the spammers with SS-P and SS-K.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
If they're jabbing a lot, try throwing a 1P out there. If they aren't, jab them yourself. Tina has lots of moves that "crush" (dodge) attacks that lets her get hits in even when she's slower.

PacManila

With Tina, a good, solid defense is key. Like sashi said, she has good high crushes like 1P and 3P. I wouldn't rely on the 2K strings too much and 1K is a nice attack to catch them off guard with if they're at the defensive.

Connecting with BT H+K allows you the opportunity to FT with 8P if the opponent doesn't tech. If they do tech, your 8P will whiff, but you should be in a good position to interrupt any attack (as long as you don't use an attack with a slow startup).

Koompbala

2P Got nerfed no longer +9 on HCH. She no longer got any of her amazing stuns on a BT opponent anymore. Her H+K doesn't launch on NH anymore. It feels like it got less range too.

I don't even know why I still play her. I get the whole adapt arguement. I see it all the fuckin time. I still cant wrap my head around these nerfs. On a already under used character that no one complained about from my understanding.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD