DOA5U Tina's nerfs, buffs and QA in DOA5U

MasterHavik

Well don't give her up mam.

lol and who would that be?

So far I've been playing with Tina and Rachel. I actually do like Rachel a lot, reminds me of Tina in certain ways but...well you've seen the threads about her so I won't go any further XP
Bass.

PacManila

Well don't give her up man.

I'm trying. As much as I'd love to spend hours on trying to figure out new stuff with her, I need to focus on my masters program XD.

btw it's been a while since we last played havik. We should get in some matches sometime :)

PacManila

Sorry, didn`t see that in time.

Anyway, Tina is still a beast. 132 dmg because your opponent dared to hold? She has decent mix ups in Bt. Use her 1k for instant mindgames. 44p is your friend.

Her BT tactics seem to have improved due to the increase in throw damage (BT T does a lot more than it did in vanilla) and BT H+K gives you a pseudo force tech opportunity. I'm trying to incorporate them more in 5U, including 44P due to its follow-ups and high-crush properties.

RubinRoon

Her BT tactics seem to have improved due to the increase in throw damage (BT T does a lot more than it did in vanilla) and BT H+K gives you a pseudo force tech opportunity. I'm trying to incorporate them more in 5U, including 44P due to its follow-ups and high-crush properties.

Instead of BT T you can actually turn around fast enough to get her WR 64 T (132 dmg). You may need to practice that a bit but its worth it. BT h+k can be followed by 6pp2k. Not much but its something. Pseudos only seem to work if your opponent doesn`t tech. It is safer to go for groundthrows when possible ( after 6 h+k, for example).

I would only use FTs if your opponent doesnt move at all while knocked down. FTs seem to be gone for good for most characters, including Tina.

PacManila

Instead of BT T you can actually turn around fast enough to get her WR 64 T (132 dmg). You may need to practice that a bit but its worth it. BT h+k can be followed by 6pp2k. Not much but its something. Pseudos only seem to work if your opponent doesn`t tech. It is safer to go for groundthrows when possible ( after 6 h+k, for example).

I would only use FTs if your opponent doesnt move at all while knocked down. FTs seem to be gone for good for most characters, including Tina.

I was actually testing the FT of BT H+K for a while. I posted something about it in the ground game thread. Basically, you can FT them off the BT H+K using 8P if they choose not to tech. However if they do, your 8P will whiff, but it seems that she's still at enough advantage to interrupt even jabs (so long as you don't use a really slow move). I've been testing this out with a friend and in lab with the cpu recorded to just jab and it has been working so far.

RubinRoon

I was actually testing the FT of BT H+K for a while. I posted something about it in the ground game thread. Basically, you can FT them off the BT H+K using 8P if they choose not to tech. However if they do, your 8P will whiff, but it seems that she's still at enough advantage to interrupt even jabs (so long as you don't use a really slow move). I've been testing this out with a friend and in lab with the cpu recorded to just jab and it has been working so far.

I will try this as soon as i can. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

PacManila

I will try this as soon as i can. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

No problem man. Any contributions right now would help us Tina users greatly. Let me know what you find on that FT too, I wanna see if it can prove useful to others as well.

Doa_Eater

Man why didn't they put the slide VF crumple on :6::P::P::P+K:

Why did it have to be the keep away chops. The last charged one at that.

TRI Mike

Her throw breaks are still ridiculously negative at -10 and I can't figure out what the hell to do after 4PP(charge)P. Not like anyone would fall for that move. BT H+K guarantees 6PPP on closed stance and 6PP2K on open stance. Better than the FT shit.

Poor girl was hit too hard.

PacManila

When I heard about the bounds in 5U, I didn't really expect Tina to benefit much from it since she's not really known for her elaborate strike combos. It seems like bounds for her are more for setting up her opponent to continue the offense rather than getting the optimum damage. Most of the time, I seeing myself use the CB on the max threshold instead of the 8P bound since damage off the bound isn't much compared to what I can get off CB.

MasterHavik

well there is one thing that is a bright spot in this folks....she has the best set of costumes. Costumes make everything better.-TN logic

Mestizo

Standard Donor
well there is one thing that is a bright spot in this folks....she has the best set of costumes. Costumes make everything better.-TN logic
Honestly I'd give that award to helena, not to mention helena is in the weight class Tina should be in.

It seems now more than ever Tina lives and breaths with her throws and holds. I find myself jab throwing a lot and the MDT and Tiger driver both in baiting and keeping an eye out for ANY holds at all completely determine a fight. Tina is slow and predictable...that is the point.

If they insist on blocking rodeo hold and her tackle are your best bets and perfecting JOB to nullify lows is something im working on.

also her (using phone pad) 7K or her 6PP8Kand following up with 4K has been working out really well.

Above all though from what I have found is Tina's sensitivity to even the smallest amount of lag which affects holds and her slow strikes the most. I wont even bother playing any match that isnt 4 bars, not worth it and the difference is day and night. But the way I see it if an opponent throws out a more than 1 hold a round and you are not MDT'ing it then you're playing tina wrong and cant really blame anything on the character, thats on you.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD