DOA5U Throw Punishing

When throw punishing, which do you go for frame advantage or damage?

• Total voters

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Guaranteed damage is so rare in 5U that I very rarely choose to go for advantage over pure damage, unless the damaging throw's gonna do less than 50 damage or something.

It depends. Ppl like Christie can afford to do frame advantage throws because of her speed and lack of throw damage. She is NOT meant to do it from throw punishing tho. Her 7 frame throw is her punish throw, and it should be used as such. For her, her 4T can be used from neutral or from HiC for frame advantage shenanigans.

Ppl like Lisa, who I believe actually have a choice, are probably better off getting the guaranteed damage.

RoboJoe

Rule of thumb for me is go for damage until you have a solid life lead. Then you can go for frame advantage to handicap your opponent and make it harder for them to close the gap.

is it better to fuzzy throw attemps or attempt to backdash away from them?

Fuzzy guard. That way you can counter throw, stun or launch. If you backdash you also risk getting hit by an attack for counter damage. Maybe it was hi-counter, I'm not a hundred percent sure.

I always use a high crushing strike if I'm anticipating a throw.

If you already anticipate the throw, you might as well use a launcher instead and get a decent juggle because of the modifier.

Brute

Standard Donor
If you already anticipate the throw, you might as well use a launcher instead and get a decent juggle because of the modifier.
I don't generally like to risk being 4 frames late, but luckily my favorite high crushes also launch, so I get the 2-in-1.

Devilreaper

frame advantage, 6T all day errey day..
i'll just loop the shit out of you, and wait for the hate mail all after the fact.

RubinRoon

Depends on the sitauation and character I am using, but in most cases I choose damage, since guaranteed damage is rare in doa, plus you can get in your opponents head better.

Omegan Eckhart

Can you actually throw punish with a frame advantage throw? Mine are i12 and i15 so throw punishing with them isn't really an option, especially seeing as one is from BT.

Or is the question throw punish or frame advantage for strikes?

Zekiel

Well with Jacky you cant get frame advantage from Throws..........but his throws do a good ammount of dmg for only LV2. If TN had made jacky's sadistic knee 46T techable like it is in VF i would keep up the pressure while dealing good dmg.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD