This game is kinda hard :P

extravagant

I've reach a state of plateau for this game. I've run out of ideas and my creative juices have all dried up for adding more strategies, combos, setups, and mixups to my game.

I have found myself to be doing the same thing to many times and I get into these auto-pilot predictable patterns at times with most of my opponents. Either I'm fighting REALLY good counter-hold players, or this game is really hard.

What do you guys suggest to take it a step further and get better? Most people who are really good, like the veterans, will often say "I've played this game since DoA2/3 and so I know most of the mechanics pretty darn well." Unfortunately for me, I'm totally new to DoA, so everything's quite a struggle. Any tips?

I am usually a "just play and learn from mistakes" type of guy, but it appears to me that this game is a lot more complex and complicated than SF4, so I am seeking advice.

Omegan Eckhart

Yes, this is an excellent method. I would so much like if veteran players would post their matches (even online ones) in the character subforums.
I would happily post Helena matches but can it be done without capture equipment? This may sound like a stupid question but I haven't looked at the facebook integration bit yet. Can you post videos with it or is it just for stats?

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I would happily post Helena matches but can it be done without capture equipment? This may sound like a stupid question but I haven't looked at the facebook integration bit yet. Can you post videos with it or is it just for stats?

I don't know, I'll take a look into it tomorrow.

Katsu Hayami

Staff member
Administrator
I'm also on the same plateau, I main Tina and sub Mila. What characters do you use and hopefully we can help each other.

shinryu

Some characters are just like that though. Which is not to say you should autopilot by any means, but Mila's got some good setups and there's no reason to deviate. If you're not force teching with those two you need to start.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Indeed, this game is hard.

Not only am I just learning how to kick, punch and block, I can't help but get hard playing Christie. How screwed am I?

Omegan Eckhart

I'm also on the same plateau, I main Tina and sub Mila. What characters do you use and hopefully we can help each other.
Me? I main Helena and sort of sub Kokoro and sort of sort of sub Christie and Ayane. I'm kind of a one trick pony as far as characters go.

Yaguar

I'll try send you some stuff for both. I'm not amazing by any means but you play the same 2 characters I do (though I am swapping out Tina for Mila as soon as I've caught up with her).

Putting what you learn from the forum into practice and then molding it to your own play style is something else though. If you fancy a few friendlies as either of these 2 though I'm usually online (PSN) in the evenings (UK).
When I lose you have to teach me though =p

OSTCarmine

Me? I main Helena and sort of sub Kokoro and sort of sort of sub Christie and Ayane. I'm kind of a one trick pony as far as characters go.
I main Ayane and sub Helena lol. we are like, reverse twins or something... freakay lol.
on a more manly note - suggestions on improving my Helena play? online is a bitch for me cuz my connection is gonna be shit till next year, and there is no local scene here so i mostly play offline with some buddies. what i DO often do is set the training dummy to lv7 and then just go crazy for like 20 mins or so. i do well against anything that is not faster than me with Helena, and almost everything with Ayane. how do i bridge the speed-gap with Helena?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD