"This ends now. By my hand!" Kasumi's DOA5LR Discussion Thread

Chapstick

Oops I forgot about 4KK and 9PK.

Another note- I'd like it if it wasn't so easy to jump over someone with 9P after 66PP~6P+K

Chapstick

I just was listing off moves that are "unholdable" meaning holding results in SS, which is what I was talking about when I mentioned 7K

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
She used to have 2 in vanilla. She had 66KK (the original) into a CB & 6PK 2K into a CB but it was situational. Of course she lost them :(.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I set it like this if they like to slow escape:

H+K > 2K > 4H+K > 3P. It extends her stun to maximum level.

I use that one too but rarely since it's always being abused by other Kasumi players.

Chapstick

You managed to get that last kick to connect? Whenever I try it the opponent's too low and it whiffs

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'm really wanting them to work on the ground game a bit more in DOA5LR. Kasumi can deal with it, but she has to play the guessing game more. That's what I liked about vanilla's ground game, despite how dumb & braindead force teching setups were. You wouldn't be lying on the ground constantly without having to worry about being at a disadvantage. There's some characters who can play the ground game consistently & then some who can't. Rig is one of them who can do it consistently. The invincibility of the ground causes ground attacks to whiff for a lot of characters. Even when they've been on the ground longer than like...3 seconds.

When I have an opponent on the ground, I shouldn't have to worry about being hit out by a wake up kick. That easily negates it. Sure, you can hold it, but that's a part of DOA. The part I do like is the hard knockdowns. If wake up kicks weren't the way that they are in the game, then I would be fine with it, but it's not to where characters are consistent in doing so.

As Kasumi, she has things to beat out wake up kicks & has force techs, but at times, I don't real that it's worth the risk. More often, I find myself using 4H+K when I catch them lying on the ground than I do 9KK's setup because of how players immediately tech after the hard knockdown. Even after a force tech, there's always the possibility of getting punished by a wake up kick or tech rolled & then throw punished (which is also a part of DOA).

RenderingStar

I mean using force techs all depend in the player you fighter for example a set up I use is( Lvl 3 stun) 6k(knock down) into 4H+K or 66H+K another option I use is get a hard knock down than bait the tech up with 2k and which ever way they tech 66H+K will catch them and you can repeat the process

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
But you have to ask yourself, is it worth the risk. That's where I'm getting at.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD