KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
This bothers me

YkdoAFt.gif
DDDTWLy.gif

r0OuThA.png

^the heights at the exact same moment, top whiffs but the bottom hits
I think it's because Phase 4's is already supposed to knock you down, while Kasumi will stun on NH. There's no real power difference, but I always thought of Phase's as the stronger and best of the two.

Chapstick

I think it's because Phase 4's is already supposed to knock you down, while Kasumi will stun on NH. There's no real power difference, but I always thought of Phase's as the stronger and best of the two.
I don't see what that has to do with the hitbox. I think they decided to change it when they made Phase 4 but never got around to applying the change to Kasumi who needs the opponent unrealistically high in the air for it to connect if it isn't off of 9PK

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Guys, I have a question, what would a move like P+KK be called that force techs the opponent up automatically, and what would a move like 2K that requires an additional hit to FT the opponent up be called?

Lulu

All ground hits will force tech opponents if they hit the opponent in quick succession.

LoL.... I call it the Abarre Force Tech.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
All ground hits will force tech opponents if they hit the opponent in quick succession.

LoL.... I call it the Abarre Force Tech.
Are the ones that force the opponent up upon the first hit like 2H+K called anything in particular, like a hard FT or something of that caliber?

Lulu

Are the ones that force the opponent up upon the first hit like 2H+K called anything in particular, like a hard FT or something of that caliber?

Some moves will Force Tech on the First hit and others auto force tech only if you repeatedly hit the opponent with them..... I'm told that the latter is for the sake of stopping "Ground Infinites" from happening........ after all when you get hit on the ground theres a small window where you can't do anything..... its very short but it is there.

I've also noticed some instances after I've won the round when I hit the defeated opponent hard enough and their Hurtbox becomes temporarily disabled, preventing me from hitting them again.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Some moves will Force Tech on the First hit and others auto force tech only if you repeatedly hit the opponent with them..... I'm told that the latter is for the sake of stopping "Ground Infinites" from happening........ after all when you get hit on the ground theres a small window where you can't do anything..... its very short but it is there.

I've also noticed some instances after I've won the round when I hit the defeated opponent hard enough and their Hurtbox becomes temporarily disabled, preventing me from hitting them again.
I noticed that too. For Kasumi, 4H+K, and 4KK seem to be the moves that have the hurtbox disabled. 1K will also only cause a hard hit reaction if you hit them JUST off from a certain angle.

Lulu

I noticed that too. For Kasumi, 4H+K, and 4KK seem to be the moves that have the hurtbox disabled. 1K will also only cause a hard hit reaction if you hit them JUST off from a certain angle.

I've also noticed that some ground attacks on grounded opponents will tech up the opponent if they don't press anything.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Guys, I have a question, what would a move like P+KK be called that force techs the opponent up automatically, and what would a move like 2K that requires an additional hit to FT the opponent up be called?
A move like 4H+K or 2H+K that FT's the opponent up automatically is a genuine Forced Tech attack whereas 2K, 1P or the like are simply "ground hit" attacks. All ground hits will force tech up the opponent if they hit twice within a window where the opponent hasn't recovered from the initial ground hit. If you hit an opponent with a ground hit attack and they push a button, they'll be forced teched up also.

As for Kasumi. Her 6K & 66K hitboxes are just sad. Though Marie Rose is, like, 4 feet tall.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Tweet this to TN tbh it's bullshit
Have already told Tom Lee about this when I last talked to him at Final Round with Chosen 1. He said that he would mention it to them. I don't know if they listened to him or not. Her hitboxes weren't the only ones that were mentioned.

Lulu

I tested it out on every character and 6K will whiff against Marie Rose, Momiji, Pai, Honoka and Lei Fang.

Its weird because Momiji is crazy tall !!!

Anyway its not just her. All the VF Character's :8::P:'s can be dodge by performing a Mid Hold.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
It's annoying..... I know.... Sometimes I be afraid to use it after 4H+K to go for a wallslam. She's not the only character who has this problem, though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD