The Overwatch Thread

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
She really did build it up fast. It's a reasonable nerf, you can still play her as she was but now she falls in with taking a lot of skill to maximize efficiency.

Argentus

Zarya was basically a must pick on every map in serious, competitive play. Probably still is. I'm okay with that one.
Guess I haven't played enough to notice it. I've sometimes seen a zarya on the other team but then i'm playing with other low levels. usually steamrolled the other Zarya though.

Brute

Standard Donor
Guess I haven't played enough to notice it. I've sometimes seen a zarya on the other team but then i'm playing with other low levels. usually steamrolled the other Zarya though.
She's a bit like Genji and Ana. All characters become more effective as you face better players using them, obviously, but some scale dramatically. An expert Zarya, like an expert Genji or Ana, can feel utterly unstoppable.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Sombra really plays to my preferred style. Yeah teams will have to pull up the slack of me running around like an idiot doing the little things like hacking packs and stealthing behind Widows but I really like her so far.

Also, the Halloween skins now have the Halloween voices. Mercy has her minions never die thing, Junkrat talks about his ultimate creation, didn't catch Reaper or Roadhog yet.

Brute

Standard Donor
Also, the Halloween skins now have the Halloween voices. Mercy has her minions never die thing, Junkrat talks about his ultimate creation, didn't catch Reaper or Roadhog yet.
Interesting. Wonder if they fixed the Mercy Witch player icon on PS4.

Nuke-Nin

Queen Witch Mercy heals alot faster and regenerates health faster and says "My servants never die" I can die happy

oh and Sombra

Argentus

She's a bit like Genji and Ana. All characters become more effective as you face better players using them, obviously, but some scale dramatically. An expert Zarya, like an expert Genji or Ana, can feel utterly unstoppable.

I can't tell if i'm just not good enough with Zarya to notice the difference, or I'm actually doing well enough with her that it's simply not MAKING much of a difference.

Sombra really plays to my preferred style. Yeah teams will have to pull up the slack of me running around like an idiot doing the little things like hacking packs and stealthing behind Widows but I really like her so far.

That would've meant more if you could actually still GET the halloween skins. Meh.

Okay so I just did my first 3v3. Other two teammates picked like reaper and widoemaker until they saw me pick zarya then they repicked as Lucio and S76 and we all just moved in formation, s76 taking point, me behind, then Lucio in the rear, and we just annihilated the enemy team which had no synergy at ALL. It was awesome.

Last edited:

Xernuht

Messed around with the new stuff. Loving the new menu layout.

1v1 can be fun, but some heroes are boring as hell. Had some nice rounds as Hanzo, Sombra, and 76... then a really boring match with Winston.

3v3 is similar, but playing it solo is a risk. My first game had my team as Hanzo and Widow... I'm amazed we got 1 win.

No Limits turned into a bullet hell game with how many Sombras were out there. I took part in it as well, and she's fun to play, but I'm interested to see how she plays with actual semi-intelligent team composition.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
No Limits turned into a bullet hell game with how many Sombras were out there. I took part in it as well, and she's fun to play, but I'm interested to see how she plays with actual semi-intelligent team composition.

Play Quick Play. It's single character locked.

Argentus

It keeps happening, I love it XD.

I join 3v3, and other two are both picking random dps characters, then they see I picked Zarya, there's a pause, then they switch to a more synergetic team to take advantage of Zarya lol. Then we steamroll for 5 rounds against random DPS teams.

Brute

Standard Donor
It keeps happening, I love it XD.

I join 3v3, and other two are both picking random dps characters, then they see I picked Zarya, there's a pause, then they switch to a more synergetic team to take advantage of Zarya lol. Then we steamroll for 5 rounds against random DPS teams.
Unless they were picking Widowmaker before, it's hard to pick a team that doesn't "take advantage of Zarya."

Argentus

I got hatemail for ambushing in 1v1 XD.

I haven't played a run n gun in YEARS, I forgot how much people cry when you use any real tactics lol

Argentus

Finally got the zarya skin i wanted on pc :)
ScreenShot_16-11-29_19-32-32-000.jpg

YBNDM

Hopefully they do another free weekend soon, because I really like Overwatch. I wasn't very good when I tried it but I liked playing Mercy.

Argentus

Hopefully they do another free weekend soon, because I really like Overwatch. I wasn't very good when I tried it but I liked playing Mercy.

I only recently tried her.

I thought she'd be meh because I only see other Mercy's just acting like Medic from TF2 and simply hugging the tank's ass, which seemed boring to me.

but then I got her blue skin which looks cool so I tried her, and I realized she also has a gun, powerups, and rescue flight, so I had a blast flying around the arena healing everybody and buffing them and shooting enemies.

Like I saw a Widow up on a ledge and I'd fly up to her, buff her for a bit so she could snipe better, then zoom back to heal tank then heal others and buff them in a fight etc etc. Then I'm all why don't other mercy's do all this other stuff?!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD