The Overwatch Thread

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

we will run it again next year. Our Summer Games are on a yearly schedule -- not a 4 year schedule. Our plan would be to have the items available again when the event recurs. Perhaps we add new content to it as well? We're not sure yet... we're seeing what works and what doesn't.

We'd like to give the event more time and see how people feel as it wraps up. Maybe people will be feeling differently at the end of the vent. Maybe not. If we need to make things less rare -- if everyone is entitled to that Genji Epic Skin -- we'll have to reconsider our design philosophy in the future.

Okay, so the Summer Event is a yearly thing, but they didn't decide on if they'll make the same content available next year or new content exclusively or both.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
ana-youre-powered-up-get-in-there-me-3523326.png

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Is Widowmaker actually useful on PC?
Have you ever played an fps on PC? The control you get on pc shooters compared to console is infinitely better. Early gameplay of Widowmaker before her scope change happened left people horrendously confused because she could pick off 3 enemies in under two seconds. She's better than she has been with the recent buff but she is better now.

Brute

Standard Donor
Have you ever played an fps on PC? The control you get on pc shooters compared to console is infinitely better.
Yes, but the role of a sniper in Overwatch doesn't exactly correlate to how it does in your standard FPS. For example, in your standard FPS if you're excellent at twitch headshots, your opponent basically enters the grave the minute he enters your field of view. In Overwatch, you have tanks you can survive multiple headshots, Tracer zipping around left and right, and Genji being being Genji. I wouldn't expect playing Widowmaker on PC to be tantamount to playing a sniper in your average multiplayer shooter.

Early gameplay of Widowmaker before her scope change happened left people horrendously confused because she could pick off 3 enemies in under two seconds. She's better than she has been with the recent buff but she is better now.
I'm aware. I'm also aware that her shot no longer carries charge and that her bodyshot damage was reduced drastically. They recently decreased her charge and scope time (likely in response to Ana), but I'm curious how that all factors in on the PC dynamic. On consoles, Widow is still one of the weakest choices, whereas characters who are apparently not considered too problematic on PC are nightmare fuel.

Xhominid The Demon Within

I'm aware. I'm also aware that her shot no longer carries charge and that her bodyshot damage was reduced drastically. They recently decreased her charge and scope time (likely in response to Ana), but I'm curious how that all factors in on the PC dynamic. On consoles, Widow is still one of the weakest choices, whereas characters who are apparently not considered too problematic on PC are nightmare fuel.

Widow seriously benefits from the PC controls considering how great Widowmaker is if you can score consistent headshots.
The issue as you state is that with Ana's introduction, she pretty much blew Widow out of the water completely in terms of usage and kit. Simply buffing how quickly she gets into scope and charge will still not solve her core issues, especially since her kit is still shit and her Ultimate is nothing compared to Hanzo's and especially Ana's.

Brute

Standard Donor
Widow seriously benefits from the PC controls considering how great Widowmaker is if you can score consistent headshots.
The issue as you state is that with Ana's introduction, she pretty much blew Widow out of the water completely in terms of usage and kit. Simply buffing how quickly she gets into scope and charge will still not solve her core issues, especially since her kit is still shit and her Ultimate is nothing compared to Hanzo's and especially Ana's.
I hear Ana's ult. is being nerfed (longer charge time and no longer grants a speed boost). If true, that would be perfectly reasonable, in my opinion. Ana+Reinhardt is a nightmare.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD