DOA5U The Official Tier List with Discussion Thread

FatalxInnocence

After H+K, you can 33P unless the opponent is slow escaping fairly quickly.

Hmm, true. But 66P leaves them in a stun that can be launched with 4P+K. You get a pretty good damage juggle off it too ( H+K 66P+K,P+K ). I tend to mix that up with a 66P fake out hahaha xD bam! back into heichu throw stun. That's just how I play her though. Each to their own.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Kokoro's H+K depends almost entirely on stance. Open stance, H+K 66P is guaranteed (assuming it's in range) which guarantees further hits. Closed stance, nothing is guaranteed. I just do 46P after it, though.

EDIT: H+K 66P 3PP 66P+KP+KP+K for damage option and H+K 66P 4PPPP for reset option? Open stance, of course.

Last edited:

jjinkou2

In the heat of the fight, how can you easily detect that you are in close vs open stance.Training at lab, I know what to do in whichever stance, and i know what is close vs open.
But in a real fight, that 's really too fast. I just throw H+K and usually I whiff 66P.

Do you have any tip ?

Saber

In the heat of the fight, how can you easily detect that you are in close vs open stance.Training at lab, I know what to do in whichever stance, and i know what is close vs open.
But in a real fight, that 's really too fast. I just throw H+K and usually I whiff 66P.

Do you have any tip ?
Check if your opponent's back is facing towards you or away.
If BOTH is away/towards you, it's open.
If YOUR back is away and your opponent is towards you, or vice versa, then it's closed.

indieanimator

Sorry if this has been asked (I'm relatively new here & to the game). Hope this is the right place for it- Christie is high tier and has furious P attacks. I was wondering if it's worth trying to hold to stand a chance? I tried 4H but that didn't seem to work. Even the pokes of the fighters I use (Brad, Bass, Elliot, and others) have slower startup it seems. Thanks!

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Sorry if this has been asked (I'm relatively new here & to the game). Hope this is the right place for it- Christie is high tier and has furious P attacks. I was wondering if it's worth trying to hold to stand a chance? I tried 4H but that didn't seem to work. Even the pokes of the fighters I use (Brad, Bass, Elliot, and others) have slower startup it seems. Thanks!

Spamming holds is fine against Christie for the most part because her strike damage is more threatening than her throw damage. Her half-circle throw can do a decent amount of damage on hi-counter but isn't really a huge threat compared to constant stun-launches. So feel free to spam holds against Christie if you keep getting outpoked.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Yeah, but I also play both Kokoro and Eliot. :v

EDIT: And I only have anti-Christie strategies with Kokoro.

MajesticBlue

I know both characters well. At least u have generic 2p options and mixup. As well as a tracking low crush that stuns on normal hit.

Brute

Standard Donor
I know both characters well. At least u have generic 2p options and mixup. As well as a tracking low crush that stuns on normal hit.
Please explain this.
1) Two generic 2P options? What move is that?
2) Tracking low crush that stuns on NH? What move is this?
3) At least I have mixup? Since when is Hayabusa's mix-up somewhat comparable to Christie's (lows or otherwise)? I hope you're not referring to 3K2K

MajesticBlue

2p leaves him at zero and instant crushes. That's a good tool. 2f+k stuns crushes and tracks. So yeah
Lol at 3k mixups. By mixups I mean being able to force a neutral situation is very useful. Believe it or not Ryu and christie actually play similar once they get a stun.

Bushido on the money again.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD