DOA5U The Official Tier List with Discussion Thread

Yurlungur

i swear i never get any luck
i just face dumb lei fangs who literally ushu in my face into punch and keep doing her damn sabaki like 40 times in a row

(i lied strikersashi was the only good one i faced)

iThe Apprentice

use offensive hol- oh wait you use eliot and he literally is thousands of punches
ya i can see why you'd think she's op lmfao
Yes... ;-;
But even so... only 20% of the cast has offensive grabs.
The strikers don't have offensive holds. (Well I'm no going to say crap about Ein because he is too bad-ass)
But yeah...
I can handle it, it's just so damn annoying having to deal with that OPness...

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Honestly, I think a good amount of hate for Leifang comes from lack of matchup knowledge. When I see someone getting away with using 1P4T and 1P4K as a mixup, I get upset.

EDIT: Yo, just throw her. Eliot throws are so good. They're the only thing good about the character.

EDIT: But yeah, I would consider that her best matchup, 'cause he can't start any sort of offense. Even without parries, he relies on string delays so much to open people up that he's really easy for her to crush. Best chance is probably stay full screen and hope. :v

Yurlungur

Yes... ;-;
But even so... only 20% of the cast has offensive grabs.
The strikers don't have offensive holds. (Well I'm no going to say crap about Ein because he is too bad-ass)
But yeah...
I can handle it, it's just so damn annoying having to deal with that OPness...

I won't say she's op but it's frustrating, especially when i'm using helena/christie
usually in that match up i just use a lot of kicks i'm not sure if eliot has any kicks to start a stun game but it's a good start ( don't get too reliant on mid kick oh my lord you'll be eating a 100 damage combo)

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Honestly, I think a good amount of hate for Leifang comes from lack of matchup knowledge. When I see someone getting away with using 1P4T and 1P4K as a mixup, I get upset.

EDIT: Yo, just throw her. Eliot throws are so good. They're the only thing good about the character.

EDIT: But yeah, I would consider that her best matchup, 'cause he can't start any sort of offense. Even without parries, he relies on string delays so much to open people up that he's really easy for her to crush. Best chance is probably stay full screen and hope. :v

I think a good amount of hate for majority of the cast comes from lack of matchup knowledge. Look at the abuse Brad Wong players receive sometimes.

Yurlungur

I like being rachel against brad, 2k in their low stance and then they're open for a heel it's a really scary experience for them

David Gregg

well...that's cause you're an eliot player and he doesn't have tools to deal with sarah(helena lacks a few decent tools to deal with her also)

Unfortunately so. The only thing that helps prolong the inevitable is spacing with CWTHOT (cartwheeling the hell outta there) at the opportune moment.

Requiem

I wouldn't mind Gen Fu 3P at all if he had a 14f mid.

Indeed. More speed limitations would make the crush strength and damage potential not nearly so bad.

well...that's cause you're an eliot player and he doesn't have tools to deal with sarah(helena lacks a few decent tools to deal with her also)
Helena?!?!?!?!? (She gets around Sarah pretty easily, actually. That is not a great match up for Sarah, IMO)

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I know I've been complaining about Eliot being garbage for the last month or so in locals, but I don't actually think any particular matchup is that bad for him. Like Christie and Gen Fu are obviously dumb, but he does have pretty much every tool outside of an OH. He's basically Gen Fu if he were fair. And slow. Very, very slow. So slow. ;_;

He's got 8P, 3P, 66K, 1K, which are all very good in stun. It's fairly hard to guess what he's gonna do next, and the threat of a HiCH 236T (easily 110+, even on heavy) makes it pretty risky to hold high/mid against him (especially 'cause his full optimal combo damage barely does more than his throw). 66P+K and 236K are fairly strong range tools, even though they obviously don't track. 2H+K is a low with pretty good range and crushes. 3P+K is fairly consistent as a crush and gives a good stun on NH. He stole Gen Fu's reset throw, too (45 damage, 10f, with +10? Godlike). He has Gen Fu's reset 2T, too, but better. His parries don't guarantee a launch, but you do get stun entry with 3K which is great for him 'cause his stun game is where he's actually decent. The only thing I would give a real complaint about is that he's super light (why?), he's got a 14f mid (outside of FC 3P), and his mid holds (both kick and punch) are about as good as Pai's low punch hold. He doesn't do damage (outside of throws), he has fairly limited tracking (pretty much kick string enders, H+K, and 4K), and has a hard time stopping the opponent's offense.

He's not bad. He's just exactly how I would nerf Gen Fu. No anything, all mixup. He's above average if you manage to stun the opponent. It's just that you have to commit hard to get that stun. Meanwhile, his own way of starting offense is pretty much all defensive (parry, crush, whiff punish) so his offense isn't overwhelming. He has to wait his turn, but once he gets it, he's a solid character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD