The magic of 1P

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Most Bass players know the old tried and true method of CH 1P leading directly into TFBB right when the opponent recovers.

But in DOA5 there's now an additional benefit: The TFBB is not the only 12i throw, and since he now has others, they can equally be used in the same situation.

The other two 12i throws are: :214::H+P: (Kitchen Sink) and :624::H+P: (Fireman's Carry)

The Kitchen Sink can be used to get a combo throw for nice damage, or a push that guarantees a :6::K::P: into :2::H+P: back-turned pick-up.

The Fireman's Carry can be used for a guaranteed combo throw for positional advantage. The Wasteland causes knockdown at Bass' feet for floor breaks, the Attitude Adjustment will count as a cliff knock off, and the F5 is for the most damage.

So now, when you connect a 1P on counter hit, you have more options available to you besides TFBB.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So some of you might wonder, "But What if they start holding low to avoid the throw?". Well son, that's when you do :3::K: instead, and I shouldn't have to tell you why.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD