The lack-of-stagger-escape glitch poll

Do you think the glitch is good for the competitive game?

• Yes

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 24.2%

• Total voters

lopedo

Why their patching glictch

Because they want their game to play a certain way, one that doesn't benefit anybody except terrible players who love to guess and mash... which is a direct result of being stupid and or not wanting their game to succeed.

Saber

I'm actually quite satisfied with the limit of stagger escape, honestly. Guaranteed damage is supposed to be what it's meant to be in the first place - guaranteed.

However, the fact that we can't SE deeper stuns despite them not being stuns that guarantee damage makes it an issue. I'd say to not have SE on stuns like sit-down stuns, limbo stuns and back-turned stuns, and if possible, make Critical Burst work like how it did in E3 instead of adding another mix-up to the Critical Threshold next to a launcher. Sure, it's useful for getting Power Blows in, but there's not much of a benefit other than that. In fact, people use CB so much now that a mid-kick launcher or a high launcher makes it incredibly unsafe since it's usually a mid-punch attack.

Getting off-topic here, but anyways, DoA benefits immensely from having an SE-limit. Setups for a lot of characters work much better, and now every character has at least one setup that's guaranteed (but having multiple sitdowns into CB s a little broken, even for me).

Chris Harris

I haven't said anything thus far because I have yet to play it and even when the patch does come out for 360 my xbox is broken for now.

Having real damage and not 3-5 guesses to get that damage is optimal in a game. It's one thing to have to guess to get damage it's another complete story to have to out play someone on that level.

They want the game to seem "fair" but having the game play that way isn't fair to those who put in a lot of time into the game just to be having a good day when someone is having an awesome day. This "glitch" is probably the best answer to DoA for a long time because in reality you still have your 1-2 guesses to get out of it which is STILL more than any other game.

You don't get a guess in other games. Once you get touched you are screwed so instead of complaining about it doing too much remember that you still have your "guess". It's not like you are stunned and the sitdown stun is 100% going to hit.You just have to make a good read/choice.

vINv

If thats the case it needs fixed i h8 counters coming out late lag ruins the game they need a net code like tekken

SilverKhaos

One of the main issues is that it's WAYYYY too much damage for how guaranteed it is. It can't even be called "high level play" at that point, it's just "guess right to land one hit and then get to do 50-95% free damage" like in those Kasumi vids posted earlier. That's no longer "opponent messed up and got punished", that's "Attacker got lucky then got opponent handed to them on a silver platter".

Also, like Davey was saying earlier, one of the other major issues is that with stuff like this, all we wind up seeing is people JUST trying to do these megacombos, and nothing else. Because the reward FAAAARRR outweighs the risk.

So yeah, I'm against the glitch.

lopedo

One of the main issues is that it's WAYYYY too much damage for how guaranteed it is. It can't even be called "high level play" at that point, it's just "guess right to land one hit and then get to do 50-95% free damage" like in those Kasumi vids posted earlier. That's no longer "opponent messed up and got punished", that's "Attacker got lucky then got opponent handed to them on a silver platter".

Also, like Davey was saying earlier, one of the other major issues is that with stuff like this, all we wind up seeing is people JUST trying to do these megacombos, and nothing else. Because the reward FAAAARRR outweighs the risk.

Your inability to block doesn't make me lucky, it makes you bad.

Nightpup

And people trying to do JUST those megacombos will get held mercilessly before they get to the guaranteed parts. So, they still need to switch things up. Should they go for the hi counter throw? Should they use a different attack and set something else up instead? Should they just go BnB and hope it works? The moves they initiate with depend on the situations they're in. The moves they follow up with depend on the moves they initiated with, and how their opponent reacts to said moves. It's all about opponent reaction. Trying to stick with 1 or 2 megacombos will get you nowhere in the long run.

vINv

Ok tell that to the scrubs who use lag switches in rank with jan lee to guranteeds and u want more free dmg with the terrible netcode REALLY????

SilverKhaos

And people trying to do JUST those megacombos will get held mercilessly before they get to the guaranteed parts. So, they still need to switch things up. Should they go for the hi counter throw? Should they use a different attack and set something else up instead? Should they just go BnB and hope it works? The moves they initiate with depend on the situations they're in. The moves they follow up with depend on the moves they initiated with, and how their opponent reacts to said moves. It's all about opponent reaction. Trying to stick with 1 or 2 megacombos will get you nowhere in the long run.

Getting held for being predictable will not stop them from continuing to do so (trust me, i see it all the time), because, as I said, the payoff far outweighs the risk. All you gotta do is manage to land ONE hit, and BAM, you can take over half their health away. That's what people bank on, and why you'll see people just trying to start one combo over and over (like Janns who constantly run in for that leg grab to start things off, etc)

Its the promise of that huge damage that keeps people trying to take the easy way out, and try to just do the megacombos over and over. People want maximum damage with minimum effort, as evidenced by MANY posts in this thread.

So, SHOULD they switch things up? Absolutely. WILL they? Oh hell, no.

SilverKhaos

Your inability to block doesn't make me lucky, it makes you bad.
..Really, that's the best ya got? Make yourself look terrible by bothering to respond without actually having any kind of argument against what I said, lol?

Being able to DO these kinds of 95% combos can be impressive (well, depending. Nothing impressive about the kinds of things like the Kasumi vids). RELYING on them, however makes you terrible, as its obvious you are just looking for the easy way out.

vINv

Getting held for being predictable will not stop them from continuing to do so (trust me, i see it all the time), because, as I said, the payoff far outweighs the risk. All you gotta do is manage to land ONE hit, and BAM, you can take over half their health away. That's what people bank on, and why you'll see people just trying to start one combo over and over (like Janns who constantly run in for that leg grab to start things off, etc)

Its the promise of that huge damage that keeps people trying to take the easy way out, and try to just do the megacombos over and over. People want maximum damage with minimum effort, as evidenced by MANY posts in this thread.

So, SHOULD they switch things up? Absolutely. WILL they? Oh hell, no.
I agree with this statment people are thirsty and will try again and again to do what they need to do to get that easy win lets not the help the brain dead in the community plz

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD