The Fight Stick Thread

Mestizo

Standard Donor
I got this idea from SRK which is where I go for stick tech/mod info so I thought it would be cool to see all the cool DOA themed arcade sticks all in one thread!

Post up your DOA themed arcade stick and feel free to comment and discuss tech info as well. I'll add your creations to the OP as time goes on.

Here is my ecchi as hell stick I just finished, hope to add a transparency back light, cross system compatibility, light up buttons, and a retractable cable eventually but for now i just swapped out the artwork which I designed/colored/modified myself, added clear buttons, and moved the guide button for a cleaner look.

tina-fs-final.jpg

Patrick Wimmer

Standard Donor
The buttons finally arrived today and this is the end result :)
I also bought silencers for all the buttons, and i gotta say. It feels great with them in, the buttons dosn't produce as much noice anymore and hitting the buttons feels great!
I also bought a darkblue joystick shaft and dustwasher that match with my blue balltop.

All in all, I'm super-satisfied with all the new stuff!
2014-03-03-194001.jpg

Skilletor

@d3v: Do you know the best way to get art printed for a VLX? I've been looking around and can't seem to find anything definitive. Seems like I might just have to leave it standard. :/ Boo that.

d3v

I got this idea from SRK which is where I go for stick tech/mod info so I thought it would be cool to see all the cool DOA themed arcade sticks all in one thread!

Post up your DOA themed arcade stick and feel free to comment and discuss tech info as well. I'll add your creations to the OP as time goes on.

Here is my ecchi as hell stick I just finished, hope to add a transparency back light, cross system compatibility, light up buttons, and a retractable cable eventually but for now i just swapped out the artwork which I designed/colored/modified myself, added clear buttons, and moved the guide button for a cleaner look.

tina-fs-final.jpg
Well, that's one good use for the TNA logo.
@d3v: Do you know the best way to get art printed for a VLX? I've been looking around and can't seem to find anything definitive. Seems like I might just have to leave it standard. :/ Boo that.
You might have to go for Game On Graphix, but they don't do the usual plexi+art.
http://www.gameongrafix.com/

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Still waiting for Art to get the TE2 stuff going. Printing my own sucks. I did speak to him over email a few times so he is in the works I believe but it's been a while.

Tenren

its pretty easy. Youll need some sort of photo editor painthop/photoshop etc. Open template there and add what ever you want on the stick. Then take it to kinkos or staples and print it on a lami label. Then peels ur old 1 off then stick new 1 on.

Last edited:

Commmanda Panda

its pretty easy. Youll need some sort of photo editor paitshop/photoshop etc. Open template there and add what ever you want on the stick. Then take it to kinkos or staples and print it on a lami label. Then peels ur old 1 off then stick new 1 on.

thanks exactly what i was looking for :)

Edit: Wait so I just bring the file with me over there?

Tenren

yah after you finish editing the file save and copy to a thumb drive. Both Kinkos or staples will print it off for you. Id call first cuz all the kinkos in San Diego dont print lami-labels any more. Staples does here tho. A lami-label is a laminated sticker.

here some videos starts with step 1. Gives you the ideas what to do

Heikou

Standard Donor
Hey, everyone. I bought this fight stick about a month back and am not sure whether I've just not adjusted from using a pad quite yet, or whether the fight stick is bad. I'm considering switching back to using my pad because I still have input errors more frequently than I ever have using a pad.

I understand that it is a fairly cheap stick, so if I should just bite the bullet and spend some more money on a decent one, please tell me.

Heikou

Standard Donor
I'm not sure about that stick, but it may be that the joystick is bad. you can probably replace it or just buy a new stick
Thanks. I'll probably end up buying a new stick some time, then, because one button is getting significantly harder to press than when I bought it and I'm a little worried about the others. I just wasn't sure if a month was enough time to adjust fully to playing on a stick.

Tenren

V3 are good. Not as good as some of the newer sticks. Its really made so you can get use to playing on a stick. An entery level stick. If you don't like it your not out of a lot of money. The joystick is the weak part of the stick. You could spend $20 and swap it out for something better. Saving you from buying a new stick. Ive been on stick for almost 2 years and I still get input errors. But less then I do on a pad lol. Just stick with it. Ha see what I did there!. In the end you'll be glad you went to a stick. When you really feel up to it you can go to a hit box and never have errors again lmao, I dont use it as much any more, it just didn't seem as fun. Plus inputting 360 is a bitch

Commmanda Panda

Thanks. I'll probably end up buying a new stick some time, then, because one button is getting significantly harder to press than when I bought it and I'm a little worried about the others. I just wasn't sure if a month was enough time to adjust fully to playing on a stick.
it can take different times for everyone. what will you budget be for a new stick if you do decide to get one?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD