The E3 General Thread (2012)

Game Over

e3.jpg

For all things E3, outside of the DOA5 IGN Pro League event ... post, comment, discuss here.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'll be sure to run right here to discuss how underwhelming the pressers were, tomorrow. Seriously not expecting much at all. I'd like to be surprised, but this is the Big Three we're talking about, here. Well, Nintendo is Tuesday, but it's all the same. I'm more pumped for VF5FS Wednesday.

Game Over

I'll be sure to run right here to discuss how underwhelming the pressers were, tomorrow. Seriously not expecting much at all. I'd like to be surprised, but this is the Big Three we're talking about, here. Well, Nintendo is Tuesday, but it's all the same. I'm more pumped for VF5FS Wednesday.

For you, it's a matter of who sucks the least, eh?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Nah. It's a matter of who impresses me the most. I'm just going in with tempered expectations thanks to the last couple years.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Jesus Microsoft fucking blew it. Wow. They showed nothing of note that was new and all of their potentially big reveals were leaked. That was a travesty. Sony almost doesn't even have to try.

Raansu

Ya it started out pretty strong but once EA stepped onto the stage and everything after that was pretty dull. Microsoft sure isn't trying to convince people its a gaming console. I could care less about all that media crap. And why did they end the show with CoD? You would think Halo, their own damn IP, would be at the end with more screen time then a damn 3rd party title.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
thing is .. i dont give a shit about all those games ..

i wanted some more xbla content ..
and something on assassins creed.. batman... fighters in general.. :/

and i dont even like usher .. lol

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm looking forward to Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell. I'd be looking forward to South Park if Obsidian's name wasn't tied to it. I did enjoy Matt & Trey's comments about all the gadgets that no gamer really cares about connecting to their consoles... while in the refrigerator.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
yeah southpark n tomb raider look cool.. i heard castlevania was leaked .. any1 got a link?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm annoyed that Microsoft showed nearly nothing exclusive AGAIN. Splinter Cell looked great (although I'm pretty sure that wasn't Michael Ironside and that just won't stand if he isn't in it), South Park should be fun, and Tomb Raider did look really good. Problem is none of that was exclusive. I use my PS3 primarily as a Blu Ray player, but that may change if Microsoft isn't getting phenomenally strong third party support with good XBLA content.

I don't have as much time as I would like to game anymore, but when I sit down to play something it'd better be pretty awesome. Having said that, was anybody else as shocked as I was that not a single new IP was shown off? There were a couple XBLA titles but I mean something that looks exciting as a retail package.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Just doesn't seem right. They did confirm the return of Spies vs. Mercs, though, so I'm definitely on board with that. They need to bring it back to PT style, though. CT over-complicated it and Double Agent ruined it.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
I'm sold on Splinter Cell, the South Park game, and SmartGlass (that is, if it is Android compatible).
Outside of that, and the inclusion of NHL on XBL, that's pretty much it.

Einzelkind

What they did to Splinter Cell kind of broke my heart. This auto-aim,quick time, slow mo bullshit needs to die already. Chaos Theory was the best entry of the series by far. It just felt like every game they showed except Halo and South Park was some Uncharted/CoD bastard child set in a world where only colors typically found in a puddle of vomit exist.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
This auto-aim,quick time, slow mo bullshit needs to die already.

Eh, I never play the game like that unless I'm forced to, and I mean I literally played through the last one trying my best the entire time to just get through without gunning. So it doesn't really bother me.

Einzelkind

Well, I hope it can be turned off. I liked how open the area looked(always liked this certain kind of freedom Splinter Cell games offered), but judging from the footage it felt like every action game that came out in the last few years mashed into one. Why not go all out and give him four guns and the ability to turn into a panther?

Raansu

As long as its better then conviction I can't complain. I absolutely hated conviction.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I tolerated Conviction. Only played through the single player but definitely wasn't fully enjoyable because you had scenes where you were forced to dogfight. I hate running and gunning. I would say I disliked double agent more than conviction though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD