The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Loving the Female Tengu. Her C1 is so beautiful and her snobby Japanese voice fits her perfectly. My favorite part of the trailer is when she's floating away from Marie Rose and she does her tantrum taunt. So cute!

Ivan Osorio

Hm. Mixed feelings all around. I like the design, but can't help but wonder if it was really necessary. Feel sort of sorry for the fans that worked so hard to get Tengu noticed, only to have him "reduced" to tits. The bayonetta outfit is completely ridiculous.

The whole atitude thing also bothers me. She doesn't look Arrogant or Prideful, I'm taking more of a Brat vibe, and I honestly thought we had enough of that for a life time with MR. Voice sounds ALL sorts of annoying bundled into one. I hope the English one is better...

One thing I'm concerned about is about how are the chances for Irene getting in now. I would love to, but I would still want some male characters in there as well, and slots are closing. I hope they can still deliver a male.

Argentus

OK, after the trailer I'm IN LOVE with her!!! Watch out Rachel, this girl is a danger!
Also these new costumes! HOT!!!
Ugh. I give credit for thm making tengu finally fit in with the rest of the cast, which has always been my only real complaint.

That said I have to be the only person who doesn't find her attractive at all. On the contrary, I actually find her pretty repulsive, in the same vein as bayonetta.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
But I don't like her japanese voice. Sounds annoying. That latex suit is also absolutely out of IMO.

If they get Bayonetta's English VA to voice this character, I'm done.

Well, she's talking in this typical, traditional Japanese sing-song voice, as if she's acting in a play. An English voice actor will hardly be able to capture this awesomeness in English (or any other language). One of the many reasons the Japanese voices are so much superior to the English ones.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
*rewatching the trailer again and again*

She's very Bayonetta!
#BokuhoApproves

OK, after the trailer I'm IN LOVE with her!!! Watch out Rachel, this girl is a danger!
Also these new costumes! HOT!!!
The way she licked her lips at the end of the video...
1274086625_licking-lips.gif

AsheMann21

I feel as though it's best to retain her Japanese voice instead of dubbing it, ala Akira. I don't know who else can do this role for the English dub, but I recommend Karen Strassman's work as Okuni from Samurai Warriors.

@Awesmic WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Xhominid The Demon Within

Well, she's talking in this typical, traditional Japanese sing-song voice, as if she's acting in a play. An English voice actor will hardly be able to capture this awesomeness in English (or any other language). One of the many reasons the Japanese voices are so much superior to the English ones.

*Tosses Tyraen off the slide*

NO COOKIE!

Argentus

If we still had the actors from black and white movies we could. Just that today's actors are emotionless retards who rely on cg and post editing to make up for their lack of expression and acting ability.

Actually, they should get a Broadway performer to do it. That should cover it.

JKT

For some reason I'm just not feeling it right now :\. I thought I'd like someone with wings, but her moveset slightly puts me off. That tongue as well.

Female Tengu

If possible I try to avoid japanese voice overs in games. I do listen to japanese songs, yeah, but the actual talking is fast and not really a pleasure to listen to, at least not for me as an european guy. Especially female high voices during dramatic scenes and dialogs are incredible annoying. Best example is Kasumis voice in DOA4 during the bridge scene with Hayate (right before Ayane jumps in). Gooooosh, shut up!

Of course there are good examples, too. For instance, I like Rachels japanese voice. Not too fast and pretty cool.

And yes, I play DOA5(U) with english voices.

Last edited:

Argentus

So not only do I have to save money for Phase-4 and Female Tengu, but I also have to save money for even more new costume DLC for the ladies. Gah, Team Ninja! Making my wallet run dry. I swear, this is the only fighting game where I've bought so much DLC.
I don't hafta save money for shit, because none of this appeals to me!

53979d1343960238-game-last-post-wins-charlie-sheen-winning-12585.jpg

ninjaguy446

I literally love everything about her. She's like the Setsuka of DOA appearance-wise, especially when you compare her to Setsuka's SC3 1P costume. Thank you kimono gods, thank you. When her hair is down, she looks even better. Love how all of her costumes make her boobs look like they're about to slide right out of her clothes lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD