The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawbietussin

rcF02tx.jpg

The stained glass really reminded me of Demon Church more.

Kronin

But I don't get that connection between her C1 from DOA1 and that guy (can only remember the german name of Murai's fake appearance in NG1, sorry)? A foreshadowing through costume? xD

Very simply Murai in his appearence as Dark Disciple wear two big "S" (I don't know how to call them) that are exactly the same, more little, showned by Ayane in her main outfit from DoA3 (I know that in the picture that I posted there aren't fully visible on the Dark Disciple, but I wasn't able to find a better one).

Definitely this wanted be a secret little link between the two characters, considering as Ayane worked for Murai for a period while she was 14 years old. Something made on purpose but left just as a real easter egg that only the fans of both the series could notice. Not sure if this has also a meaning in-game, but I think that there isn't (we could think that Ayane's outfit was given her by Murai for example, but we don't know exactly what is the meaning of that S, considering that Murai don't wear it and so not appear to be a logo for his "Shadow Clan").

EDIT: I called it foreshadowing because an anticipation of an element of the Ninja Gaiden game (released 2 years later) and an little hint that could be able to make realize the identy of the Dark Disciple before the ending of the game (btw not that was all this mistery XD).

Anyways, TN hardly explains anything in the DOA games. For instance that weird emblem on Ayanes awesome C1 from DOA5:

e5EeTvh.jpg

Is that supposed to be her clan emblem even though you never see it anywhere else in the whole game...btw sometimes I have the feeling that Ayane is the only member of the Hajin Mon sect cauz you NEVER see anyone else from that clan xD

Or is it just a sweet looking butterfly with a round shape and has no meaning besides showing one of Ayanes trademarks?

Considering as appear to be an alternative of the logo weared by Hayate (both of them a circular symbol representing an animal), I would say that the two emblems are in parallel and very likely the respective logos for the Mugen Tenshin - Hajinmon sect and Tenjinmon Sect:

Mugen_tenshinryu_family_seal.png

By the way it's not always necessary to explain everything, some things like these appear to get a very simple logical explanation that the fans can consider right without further proofs. If in the next games we will have the possibility to move the story on the village of the ninja, you can be sure that we will see both the emblems inside it ;)

PS: I don't know if you noticed like this addition give a different meaning to the butterfly for Ayane, not more what we could think her favourite animal (XD), but now also what end to represent her in quality of shinobi of her clan (and leader of the Hajinmon sect).

@Vigoorian King
Actually looking her ending cutscene I don't think that Decapre died.

I wonder how this new girl will fit the story since it is pretty much based on M.I.S.T. now.

I still find this weird, how is her hair purple on one pic and dark blue on the other? And is it the same style?

The different color is very likely caused by the different light on them in the starting picture; by the way you could be on something about 2 different hairstyles, but we can't say it with certainty.

Last edited:

Kronin

Also, maybe I am wrong, but look at the sky on the second pic. It looks as if there are white particles floating around.

Now look at 1:20 of this vid. Do we still have hope for Ariel Gardens in 5U?

Just if Team Ninja decided to recycle the moon textures from the Lorelei stage, because the clouds appear to be exactly in the same place.

nQ9NKmb.jpg

But I'm pretty sure that we will end to get Aerial Gardens during the DoA5U Arcade life.

Female Tengu

@Kronin

I noticed Hayates emblem, too, and was wondering about that as well. Sure, maybe don't need to explain something like this but it would be nice if, especially the clans (and therefore their home and life) could be shown more in the game.

It's like Ryus clan, which got slaughtered 3 times already and for some reason Ryu must have magic abilities to bring them back to live or so xD
I mean, they should take the clans and stories behind such minor stuff (since it's a ninja story) a bit more serious. Imagine how it would look like when suddenly a new emblem appears on Hayates outfit in DOA6...

Kronin

Man, I really wanted Tengu ..
Should have pushed for him more :(

Emperor, I think that more different people had to push for him because fond of the character and that you couldn't do anything more. Only one person making 100 requests has not the same value of 100 different people sending 1 request each one.

Honestly the only real way to get the old Tengu in DoA5U was to convince TN to add him in the disc release (just as suggested by @David Gregg) and leave as DLC Rachel or Momiji, that would have been definitely a succes for their popularity among the fandom.

Last edited:

gnooz

When I saw Marie I said they saved best for last but this female Tengu even cooler than Ayane gosh I just wondering her moves and fight style.

Kronin

I noticed Hayates emblem, too, and was wondering about that as well. Sure, you don't need to explain that maybe but it would be nice if, especially the clans (and therefore their home and life) could be shown more in the game.

The fact is TN got their symbol in mind just for DoA5 and not before, otherwise you could be sure that we would have had way to see them many times in DoA Dimensions, setted for a big part inside the village of Kasumi, Hayate and Ayane and depicting the head ninja of both the sects.

It's like Ryus clan, which got slaughtered 3 times already and for some reason Ryu must have magic abilities to bring them back to live or so xD
I mean, they should take the clans and stories behind such major stuff (since it's a ninja story) a bit more serious.

Well for a so little clan as the Hayabusa, appear hard to think that after 3 invasions they are so numberous as showned in NG3... for this can't be a proper explanation XD[/user]

Brute

Standard Donor
TeamNinjaStudio Twitter said:
Might be the delusion. RT @Jeeveerz: @TheKitsuneKami @TeamNINJAStudio this looks allready better then Tengu :) I want to see the full image!!

Because it's delusional to think that Titsgu looks better than Tengu.

lol

Kronin

Because it's delusional to think that Titsgu looks better than Tengu.

lol

I think that Team NINJA could believe that Delusion is a synonimous of Deception considering the - very bad - original English translation of DoA2 (very likely they based their answer on the translation used in that game). The blame goes on the people assumed for that work XD

So I think that they wanted simply answer "Could be a deception (that the new character is better than Tengu)".

PS: Or maybe it was just a reference on purpose on that bad translation XD

Brute

Standard Donor
I think that Team NINJA could believe that Delusion is a synonimous of Deception considering the - very bad - original English translation of DoA2 (very likely they based their answer on the translation used in that game). The blame goes on the people assumed for that work XD

So I think that they wanted simply answer "Could be a deception (that the new character is better than Tengu)".

PS: Or maybe it was just a reference on purpose on that bad translation XD
Possibly.

Or maybe TN knows that Tengu is the baddest mother-fucker from an alternate dimension, and that they just didn't find awesomeness marketable.

Kronin

The stained glass really reminded me of Demon Church more.

And just as in the DoA stage, you have to break the glass -seen in the screenshot that I posted- jumping inside it and ending to enter in the church. Exactly like happens in the Demon's Church (but there you break the glass from the internal part).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD