The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan Osorio

Does this count? Only thing I can recall ever finding of the sort, though.

Gosh, that thing is so busy... Solo on top of solo on top of solo. Nice chops though. Can't really say if he followed the song in any way. Looks like he just used the track as a platform to shred. Anyway, nice. It totally does count. What I had in mind in many ways wouldn't be that different (and in many ways would be the complete opposite).

You think this is bad. Remember April Fools Day? That's when shit really hit the fan. lol And right before then we had all thought the Tengu War had finally come to pass.

But I agree we need more covers on DOA music I haven't heard any either.

Indeed I remember April's Fools. And Halloween. And the "bakunyuu female Tengu" troll (which seems oddly appropriate now). So much anger....

Would you consider remixes as interpretations? This topic is quite interesting, to get away from this Bird Man Mania for a while:rolleyes:

I totally would. Got any? A while back I'm not sure I would have, but I recently got hooked hard on electronic music a have developed an appreciation for it. I'm down for some remixes, specially if they actually play with the original song and just don't add a beat to it.

Last edited:

Ivan Osorio

Heh. This got me in the mood. I'm going to revisit that thing over the weekend... I'll be sure to post up a link or something if I can get any results. It won't be finished, there is too much left for me to cover "in a single sitting", but if I can get out of where I am, I'll be one happy fighter.

Another? (...)

Nice. I have the hugest of prejudices with that bass though. It just looks huge and hilariously disproportional. And this is coming from a guy who plays 8 string guitars. Nice hat. Also very tight playing, though, again, I don't know if he is just "following the sheet" or doing anything original on top of it... I get the appeal of covers, I understand why a lot of players default to them, but I don't see the point if you are just going to "play it back". MP3 players can play stuff back. As a human being, I believe you should always mix it up, make it personal... Alas.

David Gregg

Impossible.

so not funny.gif

Just had to get that last one in there didn't you. :rolleyes: lol. :p

Btw does anyone know what day Famitsu comes out? If it comes out on Thursday it looks like there won't be any "leaks" of scans this week. :/

Darkton93

Okay, my computer registered the last page I was on as a page with a virus, so I'm a little late. Let me get some stuff out of the way.

First, the last outfit DLC. I consider it DLC Cycle Phase 2 and Alpha, the only Alpha being Ayane's DOA4 gym suit, which is the only one in that pack that I will buy.
Second, I really hope there wasn't an outrage over Tengu with the TN tweet. I'm gonna go over some common claims that I hear and debunk them now.
1) "TN hates Tengu, look they put in Don't Care About Tengu as a title" That's just a Leon quote. Leon isn't very quotable. You'll notice the other titles with characters relate to them. Leon hasn't been important since DOA3, so he doesn't have that many quotes.
2) "Yes, but girls only sell well, and the perverts who play this game won't buy boys/TN says that the perverts who play this game won't buy boys" From what evidence? Look how many people were willing to buy DOA5 all over again to get Leon. Or how Team Ninja put in a male character for their fourth Virtua Fighter V representative. In fact, only two of the new DOA5U characters are female.
3) "Well, they only put Jacky in because SEGA said so." Sega has a lot of control, but they don't have all of it. And I believe there was an interview where Hayashi said he wanted to bring in a male for DOA5U's Virtua Fighter character.
4) "Well, there's not enough slots for all the boss characters, and TN is gonna add Irene anyway." While the number of slots does disconfirm Genra, it may just be because A) Genra's moveset it mostly based on Nicole, who was replaced by Rachel, and B) He was kind of cheap, with his projectile attacks. Meanwhile, Tengu's style is completely unique, and the projectile can easily be removed.
5) "What about April Fools Day? It shows they don't take Tengu seriously" While April Fools Day has been used by the Japanese for random goofiness (Cat Or Alive), they can just as easily believe in getting us worked up over something. I think it's only there to be a "maybe", or the number of retweets they got on the posts would show that there is interest.
6) "But there's gonna be a Tengu in this one, and it's a girl" Sadly, that's not quite the case. That's just one of Ayane's Costume Contest costumes. On the bright side, it'd hopefully go straight into Phase Alpha.
7) "Well, that just means there's not gonna be a Tengu ever" You read into things too much. Tengu has been neither confirmed nor disconfirmed. There's still a lot of months before September, when the bundle is released. Given the release schedule of DOA5UA Characters, we seem to be getting them every 2 to 3 months. But even if the next new character isn't Tengu, that doesn't mean he's not gonna be in it.

In conclusion, Buying Ayane's new costumes, both of them, and here's hoping the DLC for the Costume Contest entries includes all characters. Especially Leon's Desert Marauder.

David Gregg

lmao @Darkton93 I thought of your Phase Cycle chart when the gym DLC came out. XD But how can you be so sure this tweet is Ayane's contest entry? Like some other members have been saying it was tweeted as #DOA5UA. I want to truly believe this is a simple outfit and there will be the real Bankotsubo but I have too many doubts. :/

Darkton93

I'm not letting my hopes get up so I don't get disappointed for something that turns out to be good. I did RT the pic to show my support of Tengu, but I'm not thinking it is so I don't get disappointed when it turns out to be Phase 2.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
They add costumes to doa5ua dont they? I imagine them using costumes for the girls to promote tengu. If people dont buy tengu they will buy the costumes. Although the detail in the mask itself is very polished for a dlc costume..

UpSideDownGRUNT

seems to be a stage with a moon? a new nighttime stage? or just Lorelei.

Also, that hair is dark blue... that's definitely not Ayane.

EDIT: NINJA'd ¬_¬

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD