The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gregg

So I had donuts today before I left for school.

After I ate the delicious pastry during class, I thought about that picture a little more while pretending to do some work. I now realize how I just contradicted myself a few pages ago. Boy do I feel silly (not really), but ehh, whatever happens happens.

You know what I ate one of those mini chocolate donuts today and thought of your Amy avatar (couldn't remember your name though sorry). :oops:

Rawbietussin

Did any of ayanes contest submissions have a tengu mask?

There is one but it isn't a half-mask with tasseled balls dangling around and the mask itself isn't worn on the face.

10154076_520429018061188_1594232959876241494_n.jpg

Rachel the fiend Slayer

the fuck she is, her C2 makes her look EXACTLY like some loli chick from some anime, and her move set is simular to lili's she doesn't appear to be original in the least

A costume has nothing to do with a characters originality (especially not a outfit that isn't their main costume. If that was the case then no one in DOA would be considered "original". And like I said before yes she shares many simularities to Lili, but she still has many of her own moves in her moveset.

Maybe she isn't to original in general, but she totally is original to DOA

Number 13

Oh yes another Marie Rose fueled argument over superficial details in the good old casual thread.
1395793976959.gif

Female Tengu person causing all sorts of anarchy lol

Chapstick

I'm going to skip all the pages because I can't read 92 essays about one tiny part of the picture/baseless speculation
First thing I thought, was Ayane too, just because of that cheeky grin. Now after some consideration, I don't think it's Ayane. The hair might be purple after saturating the hell out of that image but that doesn't say much. Dark hair, even almost black hair, can have tints of every imaginable color. You see this quite often in manga/anime/Japanese games. Even though DOA5 has a realistic graphical style, the anime-ish style still often shines through. There's another reason it probably is not Ayane standing in the dark: DOA5 lighting/shadowing is good, but it's not that good/advanced, to really darken the characters to a point, that light purple hair almost looks black. Also, the character seems to have two fairly long ponytails. Ayane's hair isn't long enough for that. Yeah, they might have changed her hair, but there's not really a reason to give Ayane a tengu costume and change her hair in color, length and hairdo so much, that she is basically not recognizable anymore.
Take Christie, use her slicked down hair option (I think this works with her normal hair but I forget), go to the bottom of Scramble, and go in the lower left corner by the long wall of debris behind where P1 starts the fight. The color changes from white to almost that exact color in the picture.

Also people keep saying that's dark/black hair it looks light to me

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I'm just having fun playing the guessing game, so I may have contributed towards your headache. Sorry >_<!
Its not you at all, i have no problem with speculation. Its the people getting pissed or over angry that annoy me. We dont even know wtf were looking at yet.

Ivan Osorio

You lot are hysterical.

After 2 bajillions "It's Tengu! TENGU CONFIRMED!" going to "No, wait. It isn't. We were just hyped and jumped to conclusions", one would think that you would approach the whole subject of "confirmations" with a healthier dose of skepticism. Anyway... I had to catch up from page about 900. A lot has happened. Shitty DLCs. Even shittier prices. "Good stuff".

Listen (read)... Question: Are people interested in interpretations of DOA music themes?

A while back I was working on an interpretation (and I use that word VERY loosely) of Rachel's theme, but the compositional process was kicking my ass all around and I sort of left it unfinished to focus on my EP. I've been thinking of going back to it in order to pick up on some study subjects, it was a good project, but I've been wandering if "people care". For whatever reason (can't POSSIBLY imagine why...) all the fan material I see related to DOA is always drawings. I don't think I have ever heard a single cover or musical interpretation (granted, I haven't exactly looked all that hard).

David Gregg

You lot are hysterical.

After 2 bajillions "It's Tengu! TENGU CONFIRMED!" going to "No, wait. It isn't. We were just hyped and jumped to conclusions", one would think that you would approach the whole subject of "confirmations" with a healthier dose of skepticism. Anyway... I had to catch up from page about 900. A lot has happened. Shitty DLCs. Even shittier prices. "Good stuff".

You think this is bad. Remember April Fools Day? That's when shit really hit the fan. lol And right before then we had all thought the Tengu War had finally come to pass.

But I agree we need more covers on DOA music I haven't heard any either.

AsheMann21

Listen (read)... Question: Are people interested in interpretations of DOA music themes?

A while back I was working on an interpretation (and I use that word VERY loosely) of Rachel's theme, but the compositional process was kicking my ass all around and I sort of left it unfinished to focus on my EP. I've been thinking of going back to it in order to pick up on some study subjects, it was a good project, but I've been wandering if "people care". For whatever reason (can't POSSIBLY imagine why...) all the fan material I see related to DOA is always drawings. I don't think I have ever heard a single cover or musical interpretation (granted, I haven't exactly looked all that hard).
Would you consider remixes as interpretations? This topic is quite interesting, to get away from this Bird Man Mania for a while:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD