The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnooz

It may not mean much, but if you compare Ayane and the female in the Tengu mask you'll see the female Tengu has lighter skin and has different lips
Box500YIgAA9D-Z.jpg:large
dead_or_alive_5_ayane_by_torker88-d5r2bzd.jpg

We can't be sure it depends on lightning and angle you should see Ayane's lips from above it would look completely different, slimmer. Curiousity kills me we can't be sure cuz the hair style is completely different and it means it can't be an ordinary outfit on the other hand maybe TN changed their mind and made a special hair style for this costume?? Gosh damn....

Female Tengu

Also, the light which shines on the mask is quite bright but the hair keeps a dark, almost, grey color. Compare that to Ayanes purple. And Ayane certainly is not the pigtail type in terms of hairstyle.

Another thing is that the hair on the upper right side right next to the mask (left side from our viewpoint) looks cut off. But Ayanes hair here is the exact opposite: longer, not cut off.

I don't think it's Ayane and I don't even think it's a costume (if it's not also a total redesign of Ayanes design).

Hoya Destroyer

It may not mean much, but if you compare Ayane and the female in the Tengu mask you'll see the female Tengu has lighter skin and has different lips
Box500YIgAA9D-Z.jpg:large
dead_or_alive_5_ayane_by_torker88-d5r2bzd.jpg

When I look at your washed out mask picture, the small ball on the left looks very purple to me, but the hair of the character does not look purple at all. Considering how vibrantly purple Ayanes hair is in your second pic, I think the colors in the original pic would match quite closely - if the character had purple hair. This makes me think this Tengu-person is not Ayane.
I also suspect the mask isnt being worn on the front of the face, because what I initially thought was the mouth and left cheek make it look like its sitting crookedly. Theres also that weird white shape to the left of Tengus nose, that isnt present on the right. Is there some kind of cultural significance to wearing a mask on the side of your head in Japan...?

ssf4-a2.jpg

I dunno?

Anyone is free to adjust the brightnest/contrast/whatever they want on the image themselves.

There are even online image editors you can use for free if you don't have a good graphics program:

http://pixlr.com/editor/

For that one, just put the URL of the image TN tweeted in and you can play with it all you want to decide what colors you think things are.

Last edited:

Female Tengu

Sure but I can't think of a single image from TN which has been "faked" to outwash a bright color to nearly grey/black. Not even the teaser pics for the Halloween costumes. It's an official picture AFAIK, not a shaky/blurry/washed out cellphone cam picture which shouldn't exist or so.

Actually, I just did it myself, and I'm almost certain it's purple, just in the shade. If you use the eye dropper to select part of her hair, then click the box with the color you just selected, it will give you the stats of her hair and allow you to adjust the Hue, Saturation, and Lightning

I tried multiple places on her hair, and in most of them you could plainly see that turning up the Lightning showed it as clearly purple (even the really dark "pigtails" part turns purple). The only place that didn't was near the bottom closest to her cheek, where it showed up as gray instead. I think that can be explained as that part of the hair having a glare that's reflecting the light though.

Edit: To clarify, use the "Colorpicker" tool and click some place on her hair. On the menu a few icons below the Colorpicker tool is a colored box tha says "Set Main Color" if you hover your mouse over it. This box will change colors to match the color of whatever you click with the Colorpicker.

After clicking her hair, left click the colored box. This will bring up a lot information about that specific color. Of note, there are 3 sliders present labeled H, S, and L (for Hue, Saturation, and Lightness). In almost all cases (except the glare around her ribbon near her cheek), the L slider will plainly show you that it is purple.

Last edited:

Kronin

I think that is the profile of her shoulder, for me the wings are black (and for this reason not visible in a picture with a black background).

Did any of ayanes contest submissions have a tengu mask?

The mask was already recognized, its design is inspired to the one showned in this Ayane's card (from the IOS/Android game "Ninja Gaiden Clans").

Boyb-juCUAAqb6x.jpg

TOBMAST3R

The picture that is around here was edited by me. I did light it up a bit and pushed the saturation.

The picture is blurred in some areas to "keep some secrets". Team Ninja did a good job with this. Everyone is talking about it - new spirit is always welcome. =)

Female Tengu

btw, this may be offtopic now but is that Ninja Gaiden Clans game actually out? It was annouced two years ago or so....

@Tobmaster

You shouldn't edit official material and THEN post in forums. That's misleading imformation.

Kronin

btw, this may be offtopic now but is that Ninja Gaiden Clans game actually out? It was annouced two years ago or so....

I think only in Japan. Sadly I'm not completely sure if he will be ever ported in the West: the release for NA was announced for the 2012... :(

The picture that is around here was edited by me. I did light it up a bit and pushed the saturation.

The picture is blurred in some areas to "keep some secrets". Team Ninja did a good job with this. Everyone is talking about it - new spirit is always welcome. =)

So they really photoshopped it... but this IMO give only more credit to the theory of an Ayane character (or an outfit for Ayane), otherwise what secret could be present in an original character never seen before?

By the way what areas were blurred?

EDIT: And yes, not only everyone is talking about it, but we are indicating all the most various hyphotesis: from Bankotsubo (from the tweets of yesterday) to an Ayane's outfit, a new character and an alternate Ayane.

TOBMAST3R

Kronin

Ok, ok, with a comparsion side to side I realized what you mean (before I misunderstood you).

@Tobmaster

You shouldn't edit official material and THEN post in forums. That's misleading imformation.

Female the cleared picture was posted previously, everyone here knew that we were discussing about an edited one.

TOBMAST3R

@Tobmaster

1) Well, I did post the edited version on DOAWORLD (not here!).
2) I posted the edited version AFTER the original one was posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD