The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gregg

Really hope for some of your sakes that TN is not trolling about this. You know how much they love to troll their fanbase. Not gonna be convinced until official in-game screenshots or trailer is released otherwise this is all false hope.

Yes I'm not going to get too excited as much as I want to. I need to see in-game images or a trailer. April 1st definitely was a sucker punch. :/

Number 13

Yeah I'm not trying to be Negative Nancy here, but based on current 'evidence' I'm gonna maintain a guarded pose. Something about it smells fishy to me considering TN doesn't typically make cryptic hints about who the possible future characters are. TN just reveals them immediately out of nowhere (screenshots/trailer) without a heads up if you look at Ultimate/MR/P4 was handled so it doesn't fit the pattern. Seems to me that this can be a mere smokescreen tactic to maintain the DLC character hype momentum. Like I said until screenshots/trailer appears then I'm not buying that X character is confirmed because I'm not that gullible.

David Gregg

^The only thing though was with P4 they did give a hint and told us "the woman at the end of the credits". So it's possible but yeah I'm still being cautious.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
'DOA5U:Arcade' new information soon tell you can be so. Oh, is that nose......
  • 「鼻」って呟いただけだし、、、全ては自分の戯れ言かもしれませんよ。#DOA5UA
I just muttered 'nose',,,, all his Unsteadiness or also it. #DOA5UA
--
These are all tweets from @TeamNINJAStudio hinting to Tengu, If you still think TN is trolling you don't now what trolling is and you have some serious trust issues with TN

David Gregg

you have some serious trust issues with TN

I do have trust issues with TN for some reason. :/
sorry bro.png

What? Team Ninja, this doesn't fit your clues about a nose at all!

3X3Ced6.jpg

That's just not right.

I'm just kidding, I was going to ask people who their top 5 choices were for the remaining characters, and I was making this image to display mine:

4vYzA02.jpg

When I saw the fresh batch of Tengu speculation, I couldn't resist chopping off the bottom row of the image for a quick shock.

Anyways, in regards for my top 5 pick, I actually only had 4: Tengu, Irene, Raidou, and Genra. In order to balance out the screen, I threw in Elizabet from Ninja Gaiden 2 as my fifth since she could go on the boss row (and I think she swears revenge when you beat her in NG2).

I'd also love it if Jo Hayabusa was a secret character on the left random icon (Ryu variant with the old handstand stance and such), and Shiden was a secret character on the right random icon (Hayate variant), but I'm pretty sure 5 characters is already pushing it as it is (we're probably only getting 3 at most). This was just my dream list for now.

I also rearranged a few of the characters on the screen to places that make more sense for them (ie. Gen Fu under Elliot, Ein under Hitomi). The Ninja Gaiden girls were difficult, but ultimately I put Momiji above Elizabet (since Momiji was playable in NG2) and Rachel above Genra (since I believe they share a few moves). This also keeps Rachel and Momiji an equal distance apart like they are on the screen now. Irene just got stuck in the only empty slot left after I moved everyone else around.

If you're curious where the Irene "battle pose" came from, I took it from a Ninja Gaiden 3 cutscene with Ayane. It's not actually a battle pose, she's just in the middle of crossing her arms. Her eyes were closed in that scene though, so I had to edit them to be open.

Unfortunately I didn't do a very good job with the new character's icons. The one I picked for Tengu amuses me though.

Kodachi

Standard Donor

3X3Ced6.jpg

That's just not right.

I'm just kidding, I was going to ask people who their top 5 choices were for the remaining characters, and I was making this image to display mine:

4vYzA02.jpg

When I saw the fresh batch of Tengu speculation, I couldn't resist chopping off the bottom row of the image for a quick shock.

Anyways, in regards for my top 5 pick, I actually only had 4: Tengu, Irene, Raidou, and Genra. In order to balance out the screen, I threw in Elizabet from Ninja Gaiden 2 as my fifth since she could go on the boss row (and I think she swears revenge when you beat her in NG2).

I'd also love it if Jo Hayabusa was a secret character on the left random icon (Ryu variant with the old handstand stance and such), and Shiden was a secret character on the right random icon (Hayate variant), but I'm pretty sure 5 characters is already pushing it as it is (we're probably only getting 3 at most). This was just my dream list for now.

I also rearranged a few of the characters on the screen to places that make more sense for them (ie. Gen Fu under Elliot, Ein under Hitomi). The Ninja Gaiden girls were difficult, but ultimately I put Momiji above Elizabet (since Momiji was playable in NG2) and Rachel above Genra (since I believe they share a few moves). This also keeps Rachel and Momiji an equal distance apart like they are on the screen now. Irene just got stuck in the only empty slot left after I moved everyone else around.

If you're curious where the Irene "battle pose" came from, I took it from a Ninja Gaiden 3 cutscene with Ayane. It's not actually a battle pose, she's just in the middle of crossing her arms. Her eyes were closed in that scene though, so I had to edit them to be open.

Unfortunately I didn't do a very good job with the new character's icons. The one I picked for Tengu amuses me though.
I think Master Chen should be playable too :p
300px-DOA3_Chen.png

I think Master Chen should be playable too :p
300px-DOA3_Chen.png

I'd love another drunken fighter and someone who could give Brad Wong more to do, but since we're probably only going to get a handful of new characters I resisted picking him for now. If we were getting like a dozen new characters, he'd definitely make my list.

i like how your troll post is 90% explaining how you did it lol

The image wasn't originally being made to be a troll post, I just stopped by the thread while I was still working on it and saw an opportunity.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
if i was TN i would add Irene last. assuming they're aren't adding another female , by adding her last people would go to buy her when everyone else is on sell prompting them to buy the other guys as well

David Gregg

3X3Ced6.jpg

That's just not right.

4vYzA02.jpg

not funny animated.gif

C1 - 3 will be recolours ala DOAD mark my words

That could very well be true. If this screenshot is real (which the chances are higher now) it shows him having 3 outfits:
ten.jpg

Last edited:

Kronin

I think you can see all 10 on PSN UK. Maybe it's PSN EU/PSN US problem.

EDIT: you can
View attachment 5777

I clicked again on the link and continue to show me only six avatars... I don't know what to think.

Next character is Tengu for sure. Hinted on TN's twitter.

「DOA5U:Arcade」関係の新情報が近々お伝えできそう。あ、あの鼻はもしや、、、。

>> "That nose"

tarantino-o.gif

'DOA5U:Arcade' new information soon tell you can be so. Oh, is that nose......
  • 「鼻」って呟いただけだし、、、全ては自分の戯れ言かもしれませんよ。#DOA5UA
I just muttered 'nose',,,, all his Unsteadiness or also it. #DOA5UA
--
These are all tweets from @TeamNINJAStudio hinting to Tengu, If you still think TN is trolling you don't now what trolling is and you have some serious trust issues with TN

Well yes, honestly I don't think how much hints are needed people XD

And by the way TN has never trolled the fans, if for trolling you mean an explicite move for doing it: like I said more times, if something will not happen they ignore it, so a joke on Tengu for the 1st April is for my a confirmation of his entry in the roster.

3X3Ced6.jpg

That's just not right.

Argh! Why immediately after a potential great news you have to give me a false hope for the roster?! :(

By the way great work, congratulations! (and now I wish see Irene even more in the game... but before Tengu!) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD