The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Awesmic said:
I'm probably overthinking too much about it, but I had a theory about something...

The six-month period of new DLC characters ends (supposedly) in October, and this year marks the 10th anniversary of DOA Ultimate for the original Xbox. The game released in the end of October 2004.

I wonder if TN has something planned for this particular month, seeing as this game was part of history as being one of the first 3D fighters with an online component (the other being MK Deception). Like I said, I'm probably overthinking, but there's no harm in speculating.

Well, I know in japan theres gonna be a big tournament around that time.. but I wouldnt expect any more than that..

Also I have a feeling we might just be getting 1 more character... If we get 2 then it'll most likely be same time n hopefully Tengu/Raidou + areal gardens. They're well aware about how much the fans want that stage..

I honestly really want tengu + areal gardens tho...

Rachel the fiend Slayer

It's not certain it will end in October, it's just when the complete dlc character pack was said to release at the very earliest. They already confirmed there were going to be more characterS/fighterS after Phase 4 so we are getting two more characters at the very least

Chapstick

Accurate as that may be, I'm pretty sure it's not in accordance with the site rules...
Edit-nevermind

I just noticed they gave her Noire's HDD hair color.

tumblr_n6a6a7lmU31rje51ao1_500.jpg

When will the copying end tbh

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Accurate as that may be, I'm pretty sure it's not in accordance with the site rules...
How does speculating about E3 announcements that coincide with a 10-year anniversary of TN's first fighting game with an online multiplayer component conflict with site rules?

I know for certain I didn't multi-post.

Kronin

About the Phase-4 outfit remember people that the author of the design is @synce, so you can ask directly to him explanations about it XD

Yep I think it will take longer than 6 months for the new "characters" to be released. Just hope TN don't try to rush things to make this 6 month schedule (SCV says hi). I can wait (°∀°)b

I completely agree with the rush part, I don't care to wait more for a better outcome; in addition remember that TN never talked of just 6 months but "6 months or more": they specified it more times.

Well, I know in japan theres gonna be a big tournament around that time.. but I wouldnt expect any more than that..

Also I have a feeling we might just be getting 1 more character... If we get 2 then it'll most likely be same time n hopefully Tengu/Raidou + areal gardens. They're well aware about how much the fans want that stage..

I honestly really want tengu + areal gardens tho...

Actually TN answered just to this explicit question:

We told more fighters. Thanks. RT @RAS0310: @TeamNINJAStudio I'm confused, you said there were going to be more fighters after MR and P4 are released or did you said a fighter?

Source: https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/464078468146139136

So until now we should think that there are at least 2 sure characters left (and IMO the possibility for a third one judging by the official sites).

How does speculating about E3 announcements that coincide with a 10-year anniversary of TN's first fighting game with an online multiplayer component conflict with site rules?

I know for certain I didn't multi-post.

@Brute was talking of a currently deleted post including nudity.

---------------------------

On a sidenote, I just realized now that there are 10 Marie Rose's avatars available (only for PS3).
By the way not sure if they were ported outside the Japan (apparently not, as usually for the PS market...)

sum_ava_32.jpg
sum_ava_33.jpg
sum_ava_34.jpg
sum_ava_35.jpg
sum_ava_36.jpg
sum_ava_37.jpg
sum_ava_38.jpg
sum_ava_39.jpg
sum_ava_40.jpg
sum_ava_41.jpg

Source: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/home.html#dlc

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Last edited:
I think Phase 4 was revealed early March and she released for arcades in late march along with MR for consoles

Maybe the next character will be revealed early June. Can't wait to see who he/she is.

I also wonder what type of costumes Phase 4 will get

In the Arcade version, I believe she has 6 costumes.

The black cloak(C1), the white cloak(c2), the red Kasumi Alpha outfit(C3), the black Kasumi Alpha outfit(C4), the C1 bodysuit without it's cloak(C5), and the C2 bodysuit without it's cloak(C6).

She doesn't have the white version of the Kasumi Alpha outfit that was in Dimensions. Still, if she comes with all 6 of those, that's 2 more than Marie Rose got.

Phase-4 will almost certainly get a DLC of the same 5 costumes that Marie Rose got in her DLC pack (Santa, Schoolgirl, Gym, Nurse, and Cheerleader). Probably color swaps of all the Kasumi versions. At first I thought she might just get stuff like the black Santa suit, but then after Marie Rose they went and gave nearly every girl Nurse and Gym outfits, so it seems rather certain that they'll be copy-pasting to pad out P4's costume list as well.

Chapstick

Phase-4 will almost certainly get a DLC of the same 5 costumes that Marie Rose got in her DLC pack (Santa, Schoolgirl, Gym, Nurse, and Cheerleader). Probably color swaps of all the Kasumi versions. At first I thought she might just get stuff like the black Santa suit, but then after Marie Rose they went and gave nearly every girl Nurse and Gym outfits, so it seems rather certain that they'll be copy-pasting to pad out P4's costume list as well.
Nah I don't see that happening. Then it'll be too confusing to tell her and Kasumi apart. I know how they milk DLC like crazy, but I honestly don't think she'll get anything. All of her costumes have the same theme- dark and serious. They didn't even put much effort into the ones she has.

Xernuht

Nah I don't see that happening. Then it'll be too confusing to tell her and Kasumi apart. I know how they milk DLC like crazy, but I honestly don't think she'll get anything. All of her costumes have the same theme- dark and serious. They didn't even put much effort into the ones she has.

As long as the colors or designs are significantly different, it'll happen. Given the existence of at least 2 variations of each copy-paste DLC, they'll pick ones that'll differentiate the two.

Or just slap a scarf on them, like with her non-cloaked battlesuits.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

I don't think she'd get color swaps of Kasumi's outfits since she and Kasumi would be to confused, they might give her original outfits to differ her from Kasumi much like how Hayate and Ein are

True, but Marie Roses in game costumes aren't much different either. She has four non dlc costumes and two are recolors/added accessories. So it could be possible Phase 4 will get more variety in costumes in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD