The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawbietussin

Well yeah the girls are more popular, but in no way are the guys not as much. Hayabusa, Jann Lee, Zack, Bass, Gen Fu,ect are pretty iconic.

I'll give you Ryu simply for the fact that he's known in 2 different titles but if they were, it should not just be one-sided and it should go hand-in-hand together with recognition.

I would love a costume pack related to the summer like a vacation pack or something.

Sadly for TN, anything that has to do with summer or vacation always had to do with a bikini.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

I'll give you Ryu simply for the fact that he's known in 2 different titles but if they were, it should not just be one-sided and it should go hand-in-hand together with recognition.

Sadly for TN, anything that has to do with summer or vacation always had to do with a bikini.

Maybe, but it's just that TN and majority of DOA fans preferences just became more common to the point where they are indeed the more popular characters

And yeah it always does end up like that, just hope they get more creative in the future.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
And will someone please give this kid his red hoodie back (without any animal ears). :/

dead-or-alive-4-20051203004200372.jpg

Oh, you'll get more cute, fluffy animal ears soon, lol...XD

Kronin

Or it's a fake and/or inaccurate, which is kinda likely, considering the various outcomes that could happen from the fan contest.

Of course if the datas about the outfits were true, they are indicating the DLC outfits that TN had already planned for the game at the time of the last patch, so contest outfits excluded.

I just looked at the pricing for the DLC, $18. Are you kidding me? All their shit in the past has been the number of outfits +$1 for bundles. The big original halloween pack actually knocked a few dollars off. And now this trash pack of unoriginal crap took the formula and added $6 instead of $1.

It's a sign for bad things to come, TN's getting cheekier and seeing what they can get away with. Phase 4 will be twice as much as MR, just you wait. And I don't want to hear the "well the money can go towards development" argument about this.

Actually seems that the reasons for the higher price could be an increase of the taxes in Japan, but I don't know this with certainity.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Some online pics don't mean much though. Doesn't even matter anymore though, let's move to something else

Any npc's/ng characters/guest other then Tengu that you guys think should be in DOA?

Kronin

Any npc's/ng characters/guest other then Tengu that you guys think should be in DOA?

About the NG characters, I can see Irene definitely included in the DoA series sooner or later. Yaiba has some chances too, even if much more low.

Muramasa, Joe or Sanji would be pretty nice, but at the moment are just an impossible dream for a future DoA. Even more implausible to get in DoA the NG characters that very likely would be perfect for the role of fighters: I'm talking of the three Ryu's rivals Dooku, Genshin and Regent of the mask.

About future guests, if the collaboration between Nintendo and TN will continue and a future DoA will end to be released also on Wii U, also considering that she already has a presence in a fighting game series, there are really high chances to see Samus Aran to become a DoA fighter too.

By the way if you ask me what characters should get a priority for being in the game, I think Raidou and Genra after Tengu.

Momiji-Baybee

I wouldn't say they don't care about men, they just always prefered WOMEN (tits, really?). I wouldn't really consider that a bad thing since almost every other fighting game is male dominated.

The only aspect in DOA5U that isn't equal are the amount of costumes. Other then that there is equality in this game. The cast consist of 14 males and 17 females which is way more equal then many other fighting games. And everybody in DOA5 minus Lisa, Christie, and Gen Fu (along with Alpha and VFs) had story modes you can play.

I seriously don't get this at all

We live in a day and age where games with either all girl cast, most girl cast, or even a game like this with barely more girls is bound to get criticized and recieve hate for it. But it's rare to see people hate on games that are the same but with guys.

Just compare Senran Kagura and Jojo Bizarre Adventure (All stars battle). Both games have attractive fanserviced characters. And even though both games (and their anime's) have a big following, a game like Senran Kagura would get bashed on while a game like Jojo Bizarre Adventure wouldn't.

Male chauvinism is a disease that needs to burn!!!!

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
There comes a point where everyone starts repeating and you just skip the rest of the convo.

Sure they pump out color DLC like candy, but can you really blame them they found an easy way to get a lot of money. If the fan base is happy about getting ripped off well not much you can do about that. Sure the guys haven't gotten anything since the legacy pack, but neither did the girls really, they got fetish swap, fetish swap, bikini pack. Big whoop it's not like the guys got skipped over the next good pack like casual/legacy

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I think, Soul Calibur (especially SCV) is doing a great job, focusing on female and male characters equally. Of 28 characters 18 are male. The male characters are just as well modeled and textured as the girls. (In DOA5 there is a whopping difference between male and female characters in some cases). Last but not least, the male characters also got their fetish DLC in SCV and did you notice, that most of the male characters' default costumes in SCV bare their chest and/or abs? They are just as show-offy as the girls. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD