The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gregg

Guys this is what I'm talking about. Arguing over this when there's no right or wrong answer. If this really bothers some of you, whenever you see a post that you find offensive on this site (that isn't a video where you were warned about it), comment how you feel about it rather than attempt to enact this "law".

I am the BIGGEST offender of this (takes a deep breath). I didn't want to go there as only a handful of you witnessed this event (@Russian-chiropractic19 and @Argentus in particular) but I guess it's time to talk about the "mermaid incident". Back way back when (like 2 months ago. lol) when I was in my photoshop phase and taking requests from members left and right, I got one particular request to make Marie Rose and Helena as mermaids with MR having small starfish pasties. Everything I made was technically legal but I definitely went too far. I found it humorous (from MR's pose to a Zack-fish hybrid swimming in the background with steam blowing out of his alien antenna) and didn't really think about it, but as soon as I posted it I realized it was extremely inappropriate.

It took about 30 minutes (needed to get mods involved as some people quoted picture in their replies) but eventually there wasn't a trace of that picture anywhere on this site. So that was an example where the majority of people who saw it found it offensive (which can honestly be any DOA character in general with a scene that is too graphic) and that was a good case where it needed to be removed. So I feel like the majority of the members here are on the same page and I have yet to find anything as offensive as my pic.

So there...now you all know what the mermaid incident is. XD

Last edited:

Ivan Osorio

So... Question: If it was the exact same model. I mean, the exact same. Same proportions, same face, same voice actress, same mannerism, same everything. But TN's intern for the day missed the key and typed 13 instead of 18 on her "age" field in the "character creation form of unquestionable lore".

Now what? Because "she is 13" now all is forbidden?

Hell, fuck MR. Tina is now 9 because someone at TN tripped over some wires and spilled coffee all over the ever so important Character Bible, and they had to make adjustments fast. The ink on the only pen in the office could only resist a single digit. *gasp* Whatever will you do?

Juihau

Nope. It is, in fact, a deep discussion regarding the legal and moral grey area of a character that looks underage, but is in fact legal.

Argentus

my personal policy is this: If she looks old enough. Seriously, that's it. aand Marie Rose doesn't meet that criteria. but they will claim she's 18 so they can show off her 11 year old ass like her c2.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
my personal policy is this: If she looks old enough. Seriously, that's it. aand Marie Rose doesn't meet that criteria. but they will claim she's 18 so they can show off her 11 year old ass like her c2.
If she was claimed to be ageless/immortal, it would've been a lot worse.

Juihau

...Do we actually know it's the final boss theme, though?.. The only part of the song in the trailer is something that, if I recall correctly, recurs throughout story mode, as it's just the latter half of DOA5's main theme. The final boss theme does contain it, but that's the only part we heard, isn't it? Still, you never know.

David Gregg

...Do we actually know it's the final boss theme, though?.. The only part of the song in the trailer is something that, if I recall correctly, recurs throughout story mode, as it's just the latter half of DOA5's main theme. The final boss theme does contain it, but that's the only part we heard, isn't it? Still, you never know.

Good point. Not sure. This is the theme if anyone has incredible hearing and can distinguish it from background sound.

Like I said before there are parts that sound different but who knows...

Argentus

If she was claimed to be ageless/immortal, it would've been a lot worse.
its that damn c2, the one she's wearing in that omg mode pic. If it weren't for that costume, there wouldn't be much issue. its just way too suggestive for someone who looks as young as she does, regardless of her actual age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD