The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
... I'm with Tyaren on this one. This thing could get really ugly, really fast. It would be nice to have some lines drawn before it gets out of control (and it will. The material is out there). I don't think anyone should be ashamed of either liking or making Ryona. Hey, it's your thing. What you do on your time is nobody's business. Don't make it people's business. Don't bring it to a public forum.
People here (and TN, in fact) are threading a really thin line with this character. Being fictional doesn't amount for much in a lot of places, it is still the depiction of a child being subjected to abuse. People pointing out that stuff is subjective are correct, but you are somehow forgetting to account for the fact that on most cases, the law usually errs on the side of caution, and if something can be considered "offensive", it most likely WILL.

Let's just keep it clean. It really isn't that much of a tall order...
You make it sound as if I posted ryona vids on the site.

Although I make the videos, I don't remember posting any since I got here. So what triggered these concerns?

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I think it's dumb to give a crap, because I can just as easily ask why the hell are Kasumi and Ayane being subjected to such treatments when they are 17/16.

Edit: Since DoA 5, 19/18. The point remains.
Except, in this game, everyone is at least 18.

Hence, why I had no issues doing what I do.

QueenJakheiho

I was reading now the last sites here and i cant believe it whats going on in this thread.
The community should give Awesmic in generally the respect that he deserves.
I am tired always to see how people threat him like shit. He is a real DOA Legend, some people should reconize that.
And what is he doing on YT that is his business, i never saw any mention from him on FSD that he is making some videos. DOA is atleast on the surface a fanservice based game it would be never accepted as a serious fighting game like SF or Tekken just there to much ignorant and blind hater out there.

Ivan Osorio

You make it sound as if I posted ryona vids on the site. Although I make the videos, I don't remember posting any since I got here. So what triggered these concerns?

I have no bones to pick with you. I don't think any less or any more of you for what you said and I didn't mean it like an insult or anything; if you got offended I apologize. I do think that what you did was completely uncalled and I wish people would not follow suite, for but I have nothing else to say about it.

What triggered the concerns, for me (possibly for Tyaren as well), was the gif of MR's tits on OMG physics a few pages back. She may be a character in the game we all play, but that is still super weird and out of place. A picture of Bass fucking Christie (or whatever other combination your heart desires) wouldn't be any less in the wrong place, to make an example.

I think it's dumb to give a crap, because I can just as easily ask why the hell are Kasumi and Ayane being subjected to such treatments when they are 17/16.

I believe people, me included, are getting more sensitive about MR because it is really fucking hard to swallow that she is supposed to be an adult when she is molded against the "spoiled loli brat" anime archetype. TN can say she is 80; that is not the character they modeled. It's like drawing a fetus and saying it is 5. It's not. No matter what your "lore" says. I know it's hard for people "in" to grasp this, but try to look at it from the outside for a second...

Cake

Well, I'm just new here, but this is how I stand:

I personally don't give a crap about those videos. But I'm not gonna judge either. He's not spatting them in my face what do I care.

Cake

I believe people, me included, are getting more sensitive about MR because it is really fucking hard to swallow that she is supposed to be an adult when she is molded against the "spoiled loli brat" anime archetype. TN can say she is 80; that is not the character they modeled. It's like drawing a fetus and saying it is 5. It's not. No matter what your "lore" says. I know it's hard for people "in" to grasp this, but try to look at it from the outside for a second...

Then the problem lies in you. To be honest, I can even get the body, but the face not so much. She doesn't have a childish face to me.

And even if I did... my own mother always looked my age. People thought she was my girlfriend when I was in school and they asked her if I was her boyfriend when I was walking around with her. People like that do exist. And they exist a lot.

But here we are getting into the whole MR age argument again. Screw that, it's old, it's pointless and I'm off to bed.

P.S.: Screw Tengu Let's see if the topic change bait works :D

Klts3

So can someone tell me why people are scared of visiting this thread, as after reading last few pages I have no idea why it's such a traumatic experience for them...

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
And even if I did... my own mother always looked my age. People thought she was my girlfriend when I was in school and they asked her if I was her boyfriend when I was walking around with her. People like that do exist. And they exist a lot.

i really wish people would stop using this argument the worse logic used is the more im tempted to jump in and this pretty poor thinking.

Blazeincarnated

Give me a fucking break. Are yall really that scarred over a videogame character? That's 18 on top of it? Pffft. This thread has gone to shit.

Yurlungur

artworks-000056548667-ukpbks-original.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD