The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan Osorio

Maybe I'm jaded on this, because I am a musician. And in my line of work, you part with your work for nothing all the damn time. I embrace it (obviously, not everyone does). There are other ways to make money with your work. Lots of musicians have accepted the internet and youtube and the fact that people torrent shit and a lot of us now count on it to happen so that the word can spread. You use that word of mouth to generate interest and then sell other products; merchandise, maybe digital downloads for people that really care to support you, maybe a physical copy of something or whatever.

Fact is, they have, and I have already said this, other avenues of recapturing their investiment. Given that they have already said that charging would be "unfair", the least they could do is keep their word. If they had said nothing about it, me, and quite a lot of people, I assume, would not be expecting anything different (I mean, I would expect the extra character to be paid, because it DOES make sense. I don't just expect free content out of my own volition). But they did, they said it was going to be free. And now they are turning on their words. It looks awful and puts them in a very bad position, perception-wise. It is also a bad move considering giving the character away could have generated FAR more income back in DLC. Maybe I would have bought something for MR. Now I am not going to get either the character or the DLC for her.
Their other pieces of DLC sell. They are recapturing their investments in the character. It is not (or at least it really should not be) a "1 for 1" affair. I don't expect to sell x posters to recoup my y investment in cover art. I expect to make z back, period.

The biggest problem here is that they said they were going to do something. They stated an intention, a mindset of how they were going to proceed with business. They didn't follow through. People have the right to be annoyed. We are not (god, I hate this word) "entitled" to the character, this one or any other that they may release, however, they are to blame for any ill-will this may generate amongst costumers.

Last edited:

Number 13

Showdown was fine, but the issue was the rap song was wearing out the welcome to even those who enjoy rap because it would always play in online menu. Not to mentions those who don't like rap in general and prefer something like Aerosmith. At least with the new music feature the staleness can be avoided now. I would play it on occasion now.

Kronin

Am i the only one who thought the doa rap song was cool?

No, actually I like it. But I agree that it's not the right song to be used in loop while you are searching for matches online (and actually I think that in general any kind of song with a lyric shouldn't be used for a similar purpose).

YES!

Now I have to ask:
Where was actually stated, that Team Ninja will charge for Marie Rose? False Information and speculation do quickly get a life on their own in here...

You ninja'd me I was posting the same thing.

Actually I read it on this article: http://www.4gamer.net/games/224/G022452/20140215007/, and the good twitter user Ahmed (that I really thanks for all the times that I request him translations and he is so kind to do them for me), confirmed to me that this is said in this part of the text:

まずは今年3月に,コンシューマ版である「DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ultimate」PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360)の有料DLCとしてマリー・ローズが配信されることが発表。
 そしてアーケード版DOA5UAでは,同じ3月のアップデートにてさらなる新キャラクターが追加されることも明らかになった。詳細は語られなかったが,早矢仕氏によると「DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ultimateを知っているなら,きっと見たことがあるキャラクター」だという。早矢仕氏は「その後もアップデートする気はマンマン」と最後にコメントしているので,ファンにとってDOA5は今年もまだまだ目が離せない存在となりそうだ。

A little shame, but in the end if Marie Rose will cost just like the core fighters charas (so 4,99$) seems to me a right price for an effective fundamental content to a fighting game, surely in proportion more worthy of 20+$ for the gravure movies

The text talk of Marie Rose like a paid DLC for DOA5U for Xbox and PS3, so without mentioning a difference in the release between the core fighter version and the complete one (in addition there is no core fighter for Xbox).

Marie Rose's price of 4,99 $ it's a speculation by me.

EDIT: My speculation was about Marie Rose being the same price of the Core fighters characters, so I meant 3,99$ and not 4.99$

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
To me, Eliot was a bad thing to happen to DOA just because he annoys the shit out of me with his stupid hairflip and previous Justin Bieber look. No offense to Eliot players, I just want to punch him in the face. : (

Well, among 14 uber-manly muscleheads there was bound to be at least one Justin Bieber-type male. Just as in real life there is variety. And now get over it. :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The text talk of Marie Rose like a paid DLC for DOA5U for Xbox and PS3, so without mentioning a difference in the release between the core fighter version and the complete one (in addition there is no core fighter for Xbox).

Marie Rose's price of 4,99 $ it's a speculation by me.

So, there was never any official comment coming from Team Ninja or Tecmo Koei? That's what I thought...
Lets just wait and see and then throw a fit, guys.

Kronin

So, there was never any official comment coming from Team Ninja or Tecmo Koei? That's what I thought...
Lets just wait and see and then throw a fit, guys.

No official announcement until now and indeed you are right that it's still necessary to wait, by the way the article reported the words of Hayashi.

I reckon Marie Rose will cost as much as 1&1/2 of a Bikini costume. So in Pounds, £2.95.

I think that if she will be a paid character there are no reason for her price being lower than the cost of a character in the core fighter version.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
CF characters are £3.19 Crimson
Ah ok, that's even better. I don't see myself buying any DLC characters anytime soon though. (14-YO money problems) As for CF, I'd only need to buy Zack, Hayabusa and Leon. no one else.

Oh wait... Hayabusa's free...

Klts3

Ah ok, that's even better. I don't see myself buying any DLC characters anytime soon though. (14-YO money problems) As for CF, I'd only need to buy Zack, Hayabusa and Leon. no one else.

Oh wait... Hayabusa's free...
No, it cannot be... you're 14 too?! I thought I'm the youngest here!
virtual_hug.gif

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I don't care if players have to pay money for Marie Rose. People who didn't pre-order SCV had to pay $5 to get Dampierre as DLC, so no one in this community should be that surprised if they have to pay for her. Just saying ;)

Brute

Standard Donor
I've been trying to get my screen like this & I can't get my color to change except for the color button on the right corner (top right). How did you do this?
Hover over your account name at the top left until the drop-down box appears. Then, click where it says "Preferences." A Pop-up box will appear, and at the top it will say "Style:" with a drop-down box next to it. Click that and select "FSD Dark" Then go to the bottom, hit "save changes," and that should do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD