The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gregg

Damn, seems like I'm scared of them now... That 2nd dolphin almost looked like a zombie. D:

Sorry Rawbie. Here's some dolphins cosplaying as Ayane and Kasumi. :)

dolphin.png

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Awwwwwwwww, that cute thing cats do with their back paws when they're attacking your hand... it's to break their preys neck.

Argentus

I wouldn't be surprised if they made last minute changes with the new Kasumi clone to look like Mileena.

I'd....actually be all for that. If only so its not just another Kasumi. Kasumi with Tarkatan teeth. Milumi? Kaseena?

Well I'm still hopeful a certain male gets added eventually:
View attachment 4429

But yes definitely post your sketch once done I enjoy character creations.

I'm still ironing out the appearance, but the concept, as of right now, is that Nicole is a towering Filipino (according to Bungie, she's filipino) woman with boyish short hair (like a cross between Vice of Kof, and this girl's hair), wearing a huge Gungrave style heavy armored trenchcoat, with armored steel toed boots resembling the boots of the old Mjolnir spartan armor, with plated gloves with studs on the back, resembling Star Platinum's fists.

Rawbietussin

I'd....actually be all for that. If only so its not just another Kasumi. Kasumi with Tarkatan teeth. Milumi? Kaseena?

Kasleena! Lol. Also, it helps that the original Kasumi Alpha's default ninja costume is also in pink since that's also the primary color of Mileena's color scheme.

As much as I would hate to put a clone, I would prefer putting the imperfectly ugly prototype than an exact replica.

Kronin

I guess I interpreted that scene a little differently. I thought that Kasumi seen here is the clone that cut down Bayman's team, so that was also the target Bayman was tracking down the whole time (his "mark"), which means that was also the Kasumi we've played for two whole chapters in story mode. In other words, we've already played as that clone, and she plays just like... well, Kasumi. It doesn't make sense for that clone to be playable separate character.

The clone that you play it's a different one from the cloaked girl that wounded Bayman, he was looking for it so it's a logical assumption that he recognized like, while being a clone of the ninja girl Kasumi, it wasn't the same of the one met in Helena's office.

More would be meaningless:
1) To put in the ending credits a scene of this cloaked girl (so giving hype and mistery behind her figure) when actually we have already seen her to die.
2) To create a character completely fighting like one already existing. Of course this doesnt' make sense like you said, indeed it will not be the case.

Kronin

This time the character should be released a couple of days after Arcade release. Also, WHERE THE HELL IS TENGU?!

Every exclusive is temporary for three months: Japanese waited three months for the first DoA5U swimsuits pack in their marketplace, we waited 3 months for the Warriors Orochi outfits release in our marketplace, everyone waited 3 months before the release of Marie Rose on the console version, etc... So I don't think that the cloaked girl will make an exception.

And of course I agree about Tengu! XD

Last edited:

Ivan Osorio

Free? It's tiresome to repeat myself, but if you want a new character, how on earth can you expect him or her for free? Developer time should always be paid for unless they decide to be nice and give it to you for free.

Listen, lets not pretend that we didn't pay for anything else in the game. I bought the game, you can say that I bought it as was, but I can say that I bought it expecting support and changes; something this industry has fully embraced and I'm not crazy to expect. Actually, such support was stated to come, and come free of charge. Maybe if they had stated that future changes would come with a price I would have gotten Core Fighters and bought only Rachel and Momiji.
They make their bucks on the DLC, which I sometimes also buy. TN has definitely got and is still getting my money on some items. But I will not pay for a character. It is a game "balance" and "play" addition. It fundamentally changes the game and should be free. They make their "dev money" up through many other avenues.

In another era, it would release as another game and I would not buy it. Fine. I have no problem with that. But a lot of TN's recent actions have let bad taste in many mouths (many, many poor DLC choices, gravure movies). Gathering good will from your fan-base is important, and TN seems to be earning a PhD with honors in pissing it away.

The experience of following the life-cycle of DOA5U has been an interesting one for me. On "joy" alone, I would likely buy DOA6 at day one, something I rarely ever do nowadays. DOA5 is a great fighting game, has great mechanics and it looks fantastic. I really love it. But, if I'm being completely honest, TN is pushing me further and further into a "better wait" mind-set. On the sole fact that they are not coming across very honest (and, frankly, not all that interested in the support of their Western fans).

I'm kind of angry about this, actually. I get that plans change. But, if they say something akin to "paid DLC characters and paid stages kind of aren't fair and screw up the power balance" and such (I don't remember the exact quote from E3), how the hell are they going to turn around and charge money for the character?

Pretty much this.

Baal bal

I played many fighting games, and when i started playing DOA, i was surprised by the attention TN seemed to pay about it's community. I thought they were close to the fan, and cared about them and what they wanted.
In fact, i still believe so.
What i don't get is why on one hand they seem to listen carefully to the community and does a very good job on some add (Rachel in DOA5U, comeback of the old arcade mode, some DLC...) and on the other hand does rather dumb and inappropriate things (Gravure for 20$, were they serious ?!) or lazy stuff (like the numerous low quality DLC outfit we had).
It's a circle of nice and dumb move i really don't get.
MR's price seem to be worth it, and i wouldn't have had any problem with it if they hadn't stated they were against paid DLC character.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I thought they were close to the fan, and cared about them and what they wanted. In fact, i still believe so.
What i don't get is why on one hand they seem to listen carefully to the community and does a very good job on some add (Rachel in DOA5U, comeback of the old arcade mode, some DLC...) and on the other hand does rather dumb and inappropriate things (Gravure for 20$, were they serious ?!) or lazy stuff (like the numerous low quality DLC outfit we had).

*telephone rings*
"Hello, Team Ninja here. :)"
"This is your boss, Tecmo Koei. Is there new bikini-DLC in the pipeline? The last one made good profit."
"Uhm... Well, right now we are working on the next legacy and casual set. The fans-"
"Okay, stop that and do three more bikini sets!"
"Uhm... But the fans-"
"Do you want to make DOA6?"
"..."
"Alright then, three new bikini sets it is! By the way, don't talk about characters and stages being free in the future anymore. You do look like a**holes, when we now charge for Marie Rose."
"We charge for Marie Rose?! :confused:"
"What do you think?! Do three more bikinis sets for her as well...three sets just for her! Bye!
*hangs up*

Last edited:

Ivan Osorio

Sadly, whether it is TN or Tecmo's fault is not really relevant.

The problem with Marie Rose being paid DLC is that it is pay wall between a paying costumer and a fundamental game mechanic. You can argue that she is not fundamental, but I would say in return that the fundamental tool for interacting with a fighter are its characters. If you strip those away, you have no mechanic. Even if you still have other characters, what you are withholding is without a doubt essential, a means to interact with the product. That is what you do on free-to-play games. Like... You know, the one they have... "Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate: Core Fighters". You are gaming for free, you pay for the interaction with the mechanic. FAIR ENOUGH. Anyone that expected Marie Rose to come free for Core Fighters is INSANE. That was never going to happen. It is, however, a massive dick move to charge for her on the retail version.

If you buy it, you are encouraging bullshit, if you don't, you are missing on actual gameplay and the reason why you bought the game in the first place. I'm not about to judge anyone that is willing to shell out for MR, because, frankly, it is not my problem, my money, or in any way my concern. Do whatever. But it IS a bullshit, exploitative tactic. It is a business and they don't have to be nice and hand out candy, but they CAN and fucking SHOULD treat their consumers as more than mere cash cows.

As always, just my two cents...

Kronin

I played many fighting games, and when i started playing DOA, i was surprised by the attention TN seemed to pay about it's community. I thought they were close to the fan, and cared about them and what they wanted.
In fact, i still believe so.
It's a circle of nice and dumb move i really don't get.
MR's price seem to be worth it, and i wouldn't have had any problem with it if they hadn't stated they were against paid DLC character.

@Tyaren is right, the commercial choices of Team Ninja are dicatated from the will of the company (and apparently, seems that Koei was always been oriented toward a similar marketing of DLCs before the fusion with Tecmo).

While in the early phases of DoA5 Team Ninja could be partially guilty for not having realized that there is a great part of the fandom fond of the male characters (and so of addition to them in terms of return of old characters and release of DLC), other choices like the prices of the add-ons and the necessary focus on the female roster are not related to the team of developers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD