The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawbietussin

Regarding the Tina/Lisa story.

As a disciple of Bayman, I can safely say his last line, he wouldn't say as was written. But, that was me being strict :3

"But if you were part of the Donovan faction, why did you leave?" Tina asked."I have a personal vendetta against Donovan. Don't ask any further." Bayman halted."
I believe he would go something like this.

Bayman pauses and turns his left hand. He looks down at it as if he held a meager amount of money. He clenches his fist "The fine print..."

Barring the grammatical errors it sounds alright. I'll have to watch the story again and read the rest of your story to understand where it all fits. Tina crying I feel is out of place, but, like I said, I'll need to do a little research.

Thank you very much for the critique. I barely do fanfics at all so I'll be honest on how amateurish my writing was. XD

I know Tina crying is a bit out of character as she is one of the more strong-willed characters but I want to add a bit of softness in her personality which is her concern for Lisa.

Argentus

This would work with the whole 'Bayman taking the hit on Leon' thing. When Mila's still young, Leon gets the hit on him. He sends her to an orphanage following Lauren's death, beats Bayman's ass, but Mila gets adopted before he could even consider getting her back. She gets raised into her MMA tackling self, he goes on his soul search, and they end up meeting again for some reason in DOA6, but Leon's the only one who actually knows.

Fanfiction tier: eh, solid B-

I like that, but less "before he considers taking her back", more "decides Mila is better off with her foster family".

Although wouldn't this imply that Bayman killed Lauren? Definitely interesting.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Would rather play the same people over and over if they're legit players than play a bunch of different, random noobs.

Usually when I join lobbies I go on a winstreak until I leave, so I don't have to wait much.
It's kind of hard to find quality lobbies on PSN, though. Many of them have Tag Fight, Largest life setting, with an infinite time limit thrown in for good measure. But, I do make my own lobbies, but nobody ever comes. T-T

dawgpilez

I just realized that most of the cast is in their lower to mid 20s if they even are in their 20's... They act like they are my age or older.... Zack is as old as me and feels like a 30 an immature 30 yr old.

It's seems implausible that anyone went to college. I bring this up because Lisa is supposed to be a scientist. I would put it past her that she is no less than a prodigy, but it seems silly for her to be in the employ of Donovan at 20 yrs old or younger with as much intelligence as she has and was able to learn how to fight AND be some sort of wrestler on the low.

All that to say, due to her age, it would make Leon 22ish when he would have impregnated Lauren, who then later died. Any theory on how Mila came out of that is spurious. While the age might be right for a young Leon, any Bayman hit on him doesn't make sense based on the wikia. Bayman would be around the same age and both apparently know each other as deserters while having a positive relationship. If anything happened that would harm the life of a potentially known unborn child, I don't think Leon would be the man to not harbor negative feelings towards Bayman. Furthermore, based on the wikia, Leon was with Lauren when she died in a desert. She would have had to be in her latter terms of pregnancy for it not to be noticed by Leon who would try to save the child should she have died in labor.I highly doubt Leon would have gotten her pregnant, left her whilst in love with her, comes back when she had the child and without any postpartu effects, and they resume their love dream until her demise. It would have to be the case that she gave the child away long before Leon's knowledge, but I don't think the time frame allows nor the limited lore allows for Leon to have not known or had left her in the meantime..

Yet the etymology of her name is "Miracles" and I believe Mila was raised by rich folk. Money fills in the blanks in any sort of plothole. Mila was abopted by some rich folk and raised elsewhere. It can work, especially if her unknown causes of death was due to having Mila. If she was a battlefield baby, I'm sure Leon was smart enough to know that he couldn't provide for her. But, he would be torn giving away the only thing in the world that reminded him of his love.

Argentus

I just realized that most of the cast is in their lower to mid 20s if they even are in their 20's... They act like they are my age or older.... Zack is as old as me and feels like a 30 an immature 30 yr old.

It's seems implausible that anyone went to college. I bring this up because Lisa is supposed to be a scientist. I would put it past her that she is no less than a prodigy, but it seems silly for her to be in the employ of Donovan at 20 yrs old or younger with as much intelligence as she has and was able to learn how to fight AND be some sort of wrestler on the low.

All that to say, due to her age, it would make Leon 22ish when he would have impregnated Lauren, who then later died. Any theory on how Mila came out of that is spurious. While the age might be right for a young Leon, any Bayman hit on him doesn't make sense based on the wikia. Bayman would be around the same age and both apparently know each other as deserters while having a positive relationship. If anything happened that would harm the life of a potentially known unborn child, I don't think Leon would be the man to not harbor negative feelings towards Bayman. Furthermore, based on the wikia, Leon was with Lauren when she died in a desert. She would have had to be in her latter terms of pregnancy for it not to be noticed by Leon who would try to save the child should she have died in labor.I highly doubt Leon would have gotten her pregnant, left her whilst in love with her, comes back when she had the child and without any postpartu effects, and they resume their love dream until her demise. It would have to be the case that she gave the child away long before Leon's knowledge, but I don't think the time frame allows nor the limited lore allows for Leon to have not known or had left her in the meantime..

Yet the etymology of her name is "Miracles" and I believe Mila was raised by rich folk. Money fills in the blanks in any sort of plothole. Mila was abopted by some rich folk and raised elsewhere. It can work, especially if her unknown causes of death was due to having Mila. If she was a battlefield baby, I'm sure Leon was smart enough to know that he couldn't provide for her. But, he would be torn giving away the only thing in the world that reminded him of his love.

Since when did Leon and Bayman have positive feelings for each other? I seem to recall Bayman HATING Leon, at least back in DOA3.

I doubt Mila is from a rich family (Unless its Leon sending his merc money back home). This is DOA, they woulda played that up like no tomorrow, like with Helena.

The more I think about it, the more I just cement Mila as Leon's daughter in my mind. Everything just fits together SO WELL.

dawgpilez

I'm reading the wikia and watched some vid. I don't think Bayman hated Leon, but it is clear that they know each other. Perhaps Bayman did have a hit on Leon. But even back then Bayman said he was professional. This means he can withhold his real feelings for people when doing business. It's plausible that Bayman had a hit on Leon b/c in DoA3 Bayman was after Donovan. I imagine he would honor and complete any contract he made. Should Leon have gotten away, he would still be after him. But hating him... idk. There is story that we don't know about them... or perhaps it was lazy writing.
I find it silly for cast members to dislike each other only to have special tag throws, intros, and outros with the related person. Besides, I don't think anyone part of the main, playable cast hate each other. Bayman probably doesn't like Christie, but he knows that Christie isn't his enemy. The loner Jann Lee doesn't hate on skill.Ayane comes off uncaring, but obviously has a heart for those she cares about.

It does sound like you are cemented. By rich family, I meant, that whoever adopted her, should be adopted, were rich Spaniards. Or maybe she had to fight to survive (again the Rocky thing) and made it big.

This is why I love the KoF series. They have so much cannon I don't have to fill in blanks.

Rawbietussin

If Mila was adopted by rich Spaniards, it would look unfitting for her to work at a diner and probably would have dressed more ladylike. I see her more as an independent woman who can live all by herself on an apartment without a care in the world aside from working out in a gym and working as a waitress in a diner.

KwonJigglypuff

If Mila was adopted by rich Spaniards, it would look unfitting for her to work at a diner and probably would have dressed more ladylike. I see her more as an independent woman who can live all by herself on an apartment without a care in the world aside from working out in a gym and working as a waitress in a diner.

And aside strolling in Central Park in her trenchcoat. <3

Rawbietussin

And aside strolling in Central Park in her trenchcoat. <3

That's what she does on her day-offs.

Perhaps the rich-blood life wasn't for her-a testament to her heritage.

I think she's pretty much self-sufficient. I bet all the things she ever does pay for are gym subscriptions, groceries and bills. I don't think she's the type who'd spend it up on material objects.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
It should be revealed that Bankotsubo was actually the one who killed both of Helena's parents, Genra, Raidou, Lauren, and himself (an illusion) and used his Tengu-mai trance dance magic to make Leon think he recognizes Zack, though they, in fact, never met. Rig and Donovan are puppets to his unknown chaotic intentions, who's real roles have yet to be determined to the players.

He's secretly been behind everything from the start. Throughout the whole damn series, his deception ruled all of creation.

Argentus

That's what she does on her day-offs.

I think she's pretty much self-sufficient. I bet all the things she ever does pay for are gym subscriptions, groceries and bills. I don't think she's the type who'd spend it up on material objects.

Except I can see her hoarding Armstrong merchandise. She got replicas of Tina and Bass's outfits, after all.

Argentus

It should be revealed that Bankotsubo was actually the one who killed both of Helena's parents, Genra, Raidou, Lauren, and himself (an illusion) and used his Tengu-mai trance dance magic to make Leon think he recognizes Zack, though they, in fact, never met. Rig and Donovan are puppets to his unknown chaotic intentions, who's real roles have yet to be determined to the players.

He's secretly been behind everything from the start. Throughout the whole damn series, his deception ruled all of creation.

I admit i'm not well versed in tengu lore, but did he even HAVE a goal in DOA2?

He was just....there. Doing rampant dickery. And seemingly nothing else. Existing solely for Ryu to beat, Gen Fu to take the nose of, and Leon not to give a damn about his nonsense.

Kronin

I admit i'm not well versed in tengu lore, but did he even HAVE a goal in DOA2?

He was just....there. Doing rampant dickery. And seemingly nothing else. Existing solely for Ryu to beat, Gen Fu to take the nose of, and Leon not to give a damn about his nonsense.

Like say the info on the wikia taken from the manual, honestly there is no reason to expand his reasons when he is a lover of the chaos and at the same time despise the mankind:
Gohyakumine Bankotsubo is a tengu who is a criminal in his own dimension, as he murdered Kuramasan Maouson - the leader of their race. Fearing punishment for his crimes and breaking tengu rules, he escaped into the human world. Considering the hopes and struggles of humanity to be insignificant, he decided to bring about ultimate disaster and calamity, covering the world in chaos.

Last edited:

dawgpilez

He was there because there are 4 things that make a good japanese fighting game into a great one.

1. Cats-catgirl
2. Tig ole Bitties.
3. An enigmatic main character.
4. A tengu or at least the mask.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
He was there because there are 4 things that make a good japanese fighting game into a great one.

1. Cats-catgirl
2. Tig ole Bitties.
3. An enigmatic main character.
4. A tengu or at least the mask.
Or you could just make a fighting game out of Queen's Blade.

It's kind of hard to find quality lobbies on PSN, though. Many of them have Tag Fight, Largest life setting, with an infinite time limit thrown in for good measure. But, I do make my own lobbies, but nobody ever comes. T-T
Look on the bright side. Even if you manage to still beat people in those conditions (including the "requirement" to tag with another person), you're not missing out on much. They will still ragequit, and they will still kick you from the lobby.

To some of those randoms, being consistent on a game that is considered to be "random" and "takes no skill" is incomprehensible, when in truth, they know jack shit about what true randomness is.

Sometimes I think the best way to calm these salty people down is by mentioning Dino Rex. Ah, yes. That is truly a quality shit fighting game for the times.

Last edited:

Blazeincarnated

Or you could just make a fighting game out of Queen's Blade.

johnny-cage-o.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD