The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

KwonJigglypuff

Eliot reminds me of that drawing/version of Oliver Twist.

Oliver_Twist_by_Visual_Linguistics.jpg

Kronin

What is Hayate's outfit even supposed to be?

I suppose the traditional formal striped Hakama for men, hoping to not be wrong:

Traditional_Hakama_by_Lastwear.jpg

silk-hakama066-2j.jpg

The most formal type of men's hakama are made of stiff, striped silk, usually black and white, or black and navy blue. These are worn with black montsuki kimono (kimono with one, three, or five family coats of arms on the back, chest, and shoulders), white tabi (divided-toe socks), white nagajuban (under-kimono) and various types of footwear. In cooler weather, a montsuki haori (long jacket) with a white haori-himo (haori-fastener) completes the outfit.

Hakama can be worn with any type of kimono except yukata (light cotton summer kimono generally worn for relaxing, for sleeping, or at festivals or summer outings). While striped hakama are usually worn with formal kimono, stripes in colours other than black, grey and white may be worn with less formal wear. Solid and graduated colours are also common.

While hakama used to be a required part of men's wear, nowadays typical Japanese men usually wear hakama only on extremely formal occasions and at tea ceremonies, weddings, and funerals. Hakama are also regularly worn by practitioners of a variety of martial arts, such as kendo, iaido, taido, aikido, ryu-te, and kyūdō. Sumo wrestlers, who do not wear hakama in the context of their sport, are, however, required to wear traditional Japanese dress whenever they appear in public. As hakama are one of the most important parts of traditional male formal dress, sumo wrestlers are often seen wearing hakama when attending appropriately formal functions.

In addition to martial artists, hakama are also part of the every-day wear of Shinto kannushi, priests who maintain and perform services at shrines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakama

Kronin

Oh, Mila's got a trenchcoat too?

Like I said you on Doaworld, seem me a strange coincidence that Ayane and Mila have part of their outfits modeled behind Christie's trenchoat. Now I really think that we will see soon that DLC for her, if not in the next volume/s of this pack (if TN decide to give to all the characters only original outfits), then not too late.

Tweet to TN for Christie to have one. Spam them with multiple accounts if you have to.

Already done today ;) https://twitter.com/Kronin1/status/402805680790179840

Last edited:

TRI Mike

I noticed Ayane's boots are open-toed, just like Helena's in her police costume. Are the Team Ninja guys so deep into foot fetishism¿

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I noticed Ayane's boots are open-toed, just like Helena's in her police costume. Are the Team Ninja guys so deep into foot fetishism¿
You act as though they're the only ones.

If anyone, Sega AM2 and Bamco inspired them...

Chapstick

Momiji's looks weird imo. The colors don't work together and the outfit feels uneven.

Pai's looks really good. I like the warm color scheme on her but the shirt and jean shorts remind me a little of Kasumi's famitsu mag outfit. Good if you have a tag team with them both.

Mila's looks good, but might look better on someone else.

Jacky's..

tumblr_mtltux2HJu1r5lqijo1_500.gif

I think to be one the only one to like Hayate's DLC XD
I kind of like it, the colors are nice.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah, Kokoro would look amazing in it! *__*
Well, maybe the next DLC volumes are partly color swaps. Which wouldn't be great either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD