The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hmm well there are titles that require 3000 wins with a character, so I guess a guide of sorts isn't available yet if no one has reached that goal?
Someone hacked the game less than a week after release to view all the titles. They did the same with Vanilla.

Do some Youtube video searches and you'll find what you're looking for.

Dunno about stuff for Marie and Phase 4, though.

Reactions: JKT

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I used a hacked save in vanilla to get all the titles, so I already have all of the original ones in 5U, since they carried over. I never found a complete save for 5U though. I'd like to, so I can get all the new titles as well.

ColonelColver

Hmm well there are titles that require 3000 wins with a character, so I guess a guide of sorts isn't available yet if no one has reached that goal?
Well, the titles are hackable. I have a video of the titles from DOA5 Vanilla, but not 5U.
Edit: Here's the video:

Chapstick

I think her tightest teleport window is P+K and P6P but I'm not sure, I believe you have to hit P+K during active frames. Chifu K has a 5 frame window and I believe 8K has a 6f window... Maybe 7t. Dunno about 4K and tenfu K but the rest are 8+... Maybe.

Kasumi's are easier because you have 3 teleport timings to get down (66PP, 7K, and 9PK) while Phase 4 has... I think 13? P+K, P6P, 7K, 66PP, PPPP, 3PP, 4K, 8K, 6PK, 66K, 1PP, chifu K, tenfu K.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Uhmmmmmm Kimono DLC please
82724414.jpg
is this an actual doa anime or deceiving fan art

Xhominid The Demon Within

I think her tightest teleport window is P+K and P6P but I'm not sure, I believe you have to hit P+K during active frames. Chifu K has a 5 frame window and I believe 8K has a 6f window... Maybe 7t. Dunno about 4K and tenfu K but the rest are 8+... Maybe.

Kasumi's are easier because you have 3 teleport timings to get down (66PP, 7K, and 9PK) while Phase 4 has... I think 13? P+K, P6P, 7K, 66PP, PPPP, 3PP, 4K, 8K, 6PK, 66K, 1PP, chifu K, tenfu K.

That's...not it. Kasumi's still feel far tighter than Phase 4's because her active frames on the attacks is far bigger than most of the one's P4's are. That's not including doing them in the middle of the first strike and during her far quicker attacks...

Chapstick

That's...not it. Kasumi's still feel far tighter than Phase 4's because her active frames on the attacks is far bigger than most of the one's P4's are. That's not including doing them in the middle of the first strike and during her far quicker attacks...
Kasumi's are easier because you can do them on hit. Most of Phase 4's aren't on active frames. You have to wait a split second for the active frames to finish and that moment changes depending which move you're teleporting.

i cheat with phase 4, i do alternatives so i dont have to use her chifu-k. like when i 33k instead of 4k-P+K-k ill do 8k

I'm gonna have to start cheating as I'm slowly warming up to Phase 4

Kasumi's are easier because you can do them on hit. Most of Phase 4's aren't on active frames. You have to wait a split second for the active frames to finish and that moment changes depending which move you're teleporting.

Yep, I can see that with certain moves since the differences are all over the place...

My review on Phase 4:
She is complicated. From the looks of the whole thing, her moves are VERY unsafe on the long run. Hell, for a Kasumi clone, it feels like a chunk of her moves can be easily stalled, which is funny since Kasumi herself is one of the fastest strikers in the game.

Her Combo potential is pretty big, but the restrictions can put a damper on that very fast. I'm still having issues actually doing combat and doing her teleport combos well enough.

VA wise...I feel that this is a B+ - A- overall job. The real negative is that Lauren makes her sound older than she is, which is funny(that or deeper), which I kinda feel is lazy, I mean, do like Johnny and make her sound like Hollow Ichigo on Bleach or toss some synthesizers in there since she maybe out of this world like Alpha is.
Otherwise, she really does sound like someone who does what they are ordered, but hate that very fact but believe that is their fate. Even the damn music sells that point and I honestly gotta say it works.

My overall opinion would be that she's at...C+ - C-. She's pretty good if you honestly want something different, but at the same time, she really doesn't have any real tools and her pokes are honestly limited and she's more open than Kasumi ever is. Her Combo and Teleport game saves her, but not much else past that.

And yeah, I bought the whole Phase 4 package...don't really regret it.

Chapstick

VA wise...I feel that this is a B+ - A- overall job. The real negative is that Lauren makes her sound older than she is, which is funny(that or deeper), which I kinda feel is lazy, I mean, do like Johnny and make her sound like Hollow Ichigo on Bleach or toss some synthesizers in there since she maybe out of this world like Alpha is.
They didn't record new battle cries, they literally took the original sound files and made them deeper. imo They made them too deep to the point it's absurd and I can't help myself from giggling. I can handle and actually like Leifang's english VA (YAAAAAHHH's and all) but this was so ridiculous I switched my game voices to japanese.

They didn't record new battle cries, they literally took the original sound files and made them deeper. imo They made them too deep to the point it's absurd and I can't help myself from giggling. I can handle and actually like Leifang's english VA (YAAAAAHHH's and all) but this was so ridiculous I switched my game voices to japanese.

Really? Wow, that's freaking lazy...because I swear Phase 4 atleast has different lines altogether than Kasumi does(Her Rest in Peace Taunt is one that caught my eye). So I'm guessing they got the VA to actually do a different voice and recorded her in Japanese right?

KING JAIMY

Speaking of titles, is there a guide where I can view all of them? I want to know what are all of the titles for Momiji and Marie Rose specifically?
For Momiji I know 1000 wins title and 3000 wins title:

1000 wins online: Let's do our best
3000 wins online: Don't underestimate a Dragon Shrine Maiden

The rest is easily attainable and if you want to know more titles of Momiji just let me know.

EDIT: Here's the source where I've seen Momiji's 3000 wins title (I haven't got it myself yet, only one I'm missing), it's the official TN DOA5U website and somewhere it says 'New Titles' and you can see a screenshot of most of Momiji's titles.

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/ultimate/uk/home.html#features

Chapstick

Really? Wow, that's freaking lazy...because I swear Phase 4 atleast has different lines altogether than Kasumi does(Her Rest in Peace Taunt is one that caught my eye). So I'm guessing they got the VA to actually do a different voice and recorded her in Japanese right?
She does have some new lines and a new (terrible) KO scream but that's it. Fun fact- her intros and outros are all animations her clone had pulled from story mode. :p TN made sure to be as environmentally friendly as possible with this character, recycling everything they could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD