The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurlungur

Why is that every time I decide to pop in, say hello, stalk people (not really... okay... maybe), etc, there's always some Tengu related argument going on?

It's actually getting really fucking grating.
Just because some people want their character back and all of a sudden all hell has to break lose cause one person thinks it's a fucking bad idea.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
He served his purpose as a demon quite well and was clearly attracted to Ein's broken soul. They should have expanded on his story, but come on... what purpose does Eliot serve to the plot other than he wants to be a better fighter and that the girls enjoy teasing him?

If plot is your main argument, you don't really have one.

dramic91

Tengu basically did just come out of nowhere. Raidou had connections with the ninja, especially Kasumi. Genra and Ayane had their thing. Alpha-152 is causing terror for various characters. Tengu? He basically showed up and got defeated by Ryu. But why? Exactly, there really was no reason why he was there. Served no purpose to the plot.
Jyakotu, you're acting childish. You can argue your point all you want, but in the end it's childish. If you wanna quit, quit. No one's losing out but you.

David Gregg

Why is that every time I decide to pop in, say hello, stalk people (not really... okay... maybe lookin' at you, Yurlungur)), etc, there's always some Tengu related argument going on?

I mean it's not like we're even bringing it up its TN who's tweeting it (regardless of if they're trolling us or not). Why people are arguing about it is beyond me.

Pink Nitro

I mean it's not like we're even bringing it up its TN who's tweeting it (regardless of if they're trolling us or not). Why people are arguing about it is beyond me.
Ehh, I just think arguing over a fictional character in a video game is silly. Unless that character is just plain offensive to certain groups of people I see no reason to bicker over it. (Just my two, lavender scented cents :lisa:)

Rawbietussin

Geez, seriously. Be happy you still got your characters in tact. No one wants to play a game where their mains/subs gets cut from the chopping board and just let the ones who plays as him enjoy. Is that too much to ask?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Team Ninja better make the right decision. Stick with new characters. If Team Ninja brings back Tengu, I am done with DOA for good.

Don't trip on your way out. I say this only because I think it's really stupid on your part to leave an investment YOU made on your character because your opinion has clearly been deemed wrong. But then again I think I'm being too courteous based on all the shit you talked a couple months ago.

It kind of sucks when it gets dumped back on you, huh? So much that you are obligated to leave.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Well, we will see what Team Ninja does. I've sunk a lot into DOA, defended from others for long periods of times, and actually paid for (almost) every piece of DLC I could afford. Of course I don't want to leave this game or the community, but I just don't see me playing this game any longer if Tengu is brought back.

Edmund

I imagine Jyakotu's mum making him his favourite steak and chips for lunch, then decides he needs to eat some greens and puts some salad on his plate of steak and chips. Jyakotu in a fit of anger, throws the entire plate against the wall and smashing it because he hates vegetables.

Chapstick

Of course I don't want to leave this game or the community, but I just don't see me playing this game any longer if Tengu is brought back.
WHY does it matter so much to you?

Approximately 2 PEOPLE outside of FSD will use him online, the only place you will see him is on the character select screen, yet you're like "IF A CHARACTER I WILL NEVER SEE ANYWAY MAKES IT IN I SHALL THROW MYSELF OFF A CLIFF"

Chaos

Don't trip on your way out. I say this only because I think it's really stupid on your part to leave an investment YOU made on your character because your opinion has clearly been deemed wrong. But then again I think I'm being too courteous based on all the shit you talked a couple months ago.

It kind of sucks when it gets dumped back on you, huh? So much that you are obligated to leave.
Just because some people want their character back and all of a sudden all hell has to break lose cause one person thinks it's a fucking bad idea.
Thats when you know it's time for the ignore feature to save your day! ;)

Xhominid The Demon Within

And the way you guys are overacting all for one character isn't making the situation better, you're making it worse.

I clearly remember I specifically stated I developed a huger hatred for Tengu SIMPLY BECAUSE you guys do overblow his "greatness" to death.
Of course, Jyakuto isn't exactly doing it in the smartest sense(I do agree quitting a game over a single character is too much), but seriously guys, this is really, REALLY stupid on both sides.

I despise Tengu for multiple reasons(utterly boring design especially compared to the Fiends that came with the NG remake and even Genra, Virtually just there, boring ass moveset, utterly forgettable past a line or two and how difficult he was to me when he first fought him) and you guys like him for multiple reasons.
I simply ignore most of the Tengu praise because I literally barely give a shit about him and the only way I can is by COMPLETELY redesigning him from the top up because once I've seen these:

Spring-Showcase-2008--Ninja-Gaiden-II-31.jpg

ninja-gaiden-sigma-2-ss-02.jpg

1332687-nicchae_boss.jpg

And Tengu stayed EXACTLY THE SAME even at DOA4 was the breaking point and I just stopped giving a shit about him. So I will not buy Tengu, even if they made him free, I will not touch him nor download him or anything unless they actually put in the effort to make him SOMETHING than the old man meme machine that he is now.

werewolfgold

So who likes donuts?
Tengu does. #kappa

But, anyway, I too say that if Tengu is coming back, then TN should say screw it and bring the other bosses back too as I'm sure that their fans exist. And that way we would have access to everyone from the past games, truly ULTIMATE. They could even lower the price of those characters if they think it wouldn't sell as well. And, it would likely be less work than creating new characters (though those would be hype).

However, if Tengu is the only one to come back, I'm not about to flip any tables or anything.

Pink Nitro

I prefer chocolate glazed, there's a nice donut shop down the street that likes to give costumers free donuts.

Yes this is trying to get people off the Tengu BS.
But also because donuts are the best thing to ever exist, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD