The Dead or Alive 5 Advanced Oki Tutorial

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
ScattereDreams was kind enough to put together an advanced look at the okizeme game for Dead or Alive 5. It goes over Force Techs, Untechables, Pseudo-Force Techs, and Ground Slams. It's really nice to see it all in motion with well detailed descriptions. If you haven't had the chance to check it out, then I encourage you to do so.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
With all the talk about ft's being nerfed, its hard to say if this will be useful when DOA5U launches.
Even so, at least you tried.

Who knows? Maybe down the road when folks want a trip down memory lane, we can use this to visually emphasize its importance in future installments, should it come down to that.

MASTER

Standard Donor
Force Techs are actual moves that force the opponent up. There is no other forms of it. Everything else could be considered a ground hit since it doesnt 'force tech' at all. Force techs are what forces an opponent to Tech roll with no other option.

I'm not sure what the force tech roll was suppose to be in this video since those rolls were just ground hits and some attacks that hit low dont actually cause a roll animation either. I just wanted to point that out since it could cause a little confusion. Good video though.

MASTER
:hayabusa:

FakeSypha

It just feels sad to watch this video, knowing FTs are most likely not gonna be on 5U.

Anyway, great work. I'm sure it could help out fellas who aren't familiar with FTs and Pseudo FTs. I know I have, and I had to learn the hard way, lol xD

PD: Wyzzix fantasma, que le pones like a grap3 si vos no usas FTs, gilun de 4ta jaja

DeathHand

why do u guys say this is going to be removed? =' . I know there will be a new move that relunches ur opponent but if u miss the oportunity to do so, u probably can still do this on ultimate....I assume xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD