The 360 Pad (Controller) Thread

AegisOrnus

:( that sucks, how long you had those controllers before they start to mess up? Did you ever drop them?
My first lasted for a couple years, after that though, about 6-12 months each. I don't mistreat my controllers in the least, no dropping or throwing. The first one had the R2 spring break, second one had the same happen in about 3 months time and used the warranty to get a new one, third controller has a sticking left stick, a dwindling resistance in the R2 spring, and has reduced the amount of playtime/charge time going from 50hrs/5hrs to 10hrs/<1hr to 0hrs/infinite in about one year of very light play. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. My PS3 has also YLoD'd on me though and still has an HDMI port that doesn't function. It's also louder than my original 360.

That being said, my 360 consoles and controllers have always remained in great, working condition, same with my Nintendo stuff. I'm the only one I know that's perpetually hassled by everything PS3.

Chaos

I've notice if I wash my hands before I play my PS3 and when I clean the DS3, it feel will more confortable and more relaxed also, if I clean the analog stick, I will have better grip. I do it all the time to avoid dirt build up and it works everytime. ;)

AegisOrnus

I've notice if I wash my hands before I play my PS3 and when I clean the DS3, it feel will more confortable and more relaxed also, if I clean the analog stick, I will have better grip. I do it all the time to avoid dirt build up and it works everytime. ;)
I do clean my controllers regularly actually. Doesn't seem to positively affect my DS3's lifespan...

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I do clean my controllers regularly actually. Doesn't seem to positively affect my DS3's lifespan...

You know what it probably is? Sony likely just doesn't like you and supplies all the DS3 carrying stores in your area with faulty DS3s. They then have spies that follow your every move (think The Truman Show) and have those spies contact the stores to replace their DS3 stock with the faulty ones whenever you approach. That way if you happen to buy a DS3 when you visit any of these stores, you'll get one that will fail on you.

They also have all online retailers track your information so that faulty DS3s will be shipped to you should you decide to buy online.

That's probably what it is.

Chaos

:( your going through many DS3's, I'm going through too many DS2 controllers. So your 4th one is still working? Don't let the controllers force you to hate the PS3 because its one of the best game console this gen just like the Xbox 360. ;)

AegisOrnus

You know what it probably is? Sony likely just doesn't like you and supplies all the DS3 carrying stores in your area with faulty DS3s. They then have spies that follow your every move (think The Truman Show) and have those spies contact the stores to replace their DS3 stock with the faulty ones whenever you approach. That way if you happen to buy a DS3 when you visit any of these stores, you'll get one that will fail on you.

They also have all online retailers track your information so that faulty DS3s will be shipped to you should you decide to buy online.

That's probably what it is.
That at least makes more sense than whatever other shenanigans seem to be afoot.
:( your going through many DS3's, I'm going through too many DS2 controllers. So your 4th one is still working? Don't let the controllers force you to hate the PS3 because its one of the best game console this gen just like the Xbox 360. ;)
Don't have a 4th yet but I'm hoping for the best. If not, I'll just go stick. And no, it doesn't make me hate the PS3 but it does confirm my bias for the 360 controller.

Stikku

I have one of these fucking things but I haven't been able to try it out with a DOA game.
Versus Pad Pro

en-US_Xbox360_PDP_Versus_Pad_Controller_FLF-00032.jpg

en-US_Xbox360_PDP_Versus_Pad_Controller_FLF-00032_RM1.jpg

The thing on the left there is an 8 way pivot hat with very little tension, so all directions are pretty precise and immediate. It's pretty much a sega saturn controller, though the facebuttons don't feel the same, not to say that they're bad since they work perfectly fine.

There's also a PS3 version of this controller floating around somewhere.

Regardless, when I was big into DOA, I always played just fine with the original xbox360 pad and stick. I never understood why everyone disliked them, which kinda leads me to think that I must have owned one of (if not the only) unbroken 360 controller on the face of this earth. Really though, the joystick worked better than my divine d-pad most of the time anyway, and that's purely on an ergonomics and ease-of-input reference.

Stikku

Those controllers are fine for SF but I wont go near that controller with a 3D fighter.
Yeah. Didn't really occur to me when I bought it that the default controller layout for DOA4 worked so well because it has 4 shoulder buttons. Not sure my thumb could handle 6 face buttons when the going gets rough.

Raansu

The pad is big enough, it works well and is way easier than using your thumb. I used to do the same thing with Tekken on the PS controllers. That was a bit awkward at first but I found it easier to do that than use my thumb. For some reason I just couldn't get half of Steve's inputs holding the controller normally and using my thumb. Eventually I got an arcade stick but hey, for the time it worked lol.

Stikku

The pad is big enough, it works well and is way easier than using your thumb. I used to do the same thing with Tekken on the PS controllers. That was a bit awkward at first but I found it easier to do that than use my thumb. For some reason I just couldn't get half of Steve's inputs holding the controller normally and using my thumb. Eventually I got an arcade stick but hey, for the time it worked lol.
Oh I got ya on that. There are quite a few wonky 2 and 3 button commands for Tekken. I always found it really hard to pull off some characters moves. Even with a custom control layout, there are like 16 button combinations. Certainly not enough buttons on a controller for that.

Stikku

You mean Neo-Geo CD controller (which the thing was based off).
neo-geo-cd-controller-2k55-640.jpg

segasaturncontroller2.jpg

The button layout of a saturn with the pivot hat of a neogeo, TO BE FAIRLY PRECISE.

Nice controller there, by the way.

EDIT: jfc what the fuck. "Sega Playstation?" All i did was type in Sega Saturn Controller into google images. Fuck, the internet is becoming more useless as the years progress.

Sega-Saturn-ControllerS.jpg

d3v

Sega released USB Saturn Pads that work with the PS3. These are highly collectible and will go for hundreds of dollars. There are however at ton of fakes so be careful when buying.
saturnusbkb2e.jpg

Also, Sega released a similar pad for their "PlaySEGA" site a few years back and the quality of this version is bad and the pad is not considered to be on the same level as the OG USB Saturn pads.
4120828940_de34daeaec.jpg

DR2K

The madcatz fight pads are good. Got one new for $10 at Gamestop. The wrestling one.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
So I got my Cronus device in the mail today. It's legit. I may post up a video showing it off later or something.

Raansu

So I got that cronus usb in the mail today and messed around with it on both consoles (they sent me a wireless receiver even though I didn't order it hurray for luck for once lol.) This thing is flawless. If you want to use a ps3 controller on the 360 or a 360 controller on the ps3 you better get this damn thing because it works perfectly. I tried the ps3 controller on my 360 with the DoA5 demo and it was flawless, there was no delay at all. This was well worth the money.

Edit:
lol must learn to refresh page before posting haha.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD