Texture Editing (PC)

The Enforcer

I know in DOA3, Kasumi and Ayane had compatible face textures, has anyone tried swapping their heads to see if the neck size is the same?
Yes, those two have compatible heads.

Compatible Models
A) Kasumi, Ayane, Phase 4, Alpha 152
B) Hitomi, Mila, Nyotengu, Mila, Pai, Kokoro, Momiji, Leifang(has neck differences)
C) Tina, Lisa, Helena, Rachel
D) Christie
E) Sarah
F) Marie Rose

ChrisArmoun

I know in DOA3, Kasumi and Ayane had compatible face textures, has anyone tried swapping their heads to see if the neck size is the same?

Also, do these latest developments eliminate the need for umod? (IE: being able to directly inject character and stage textures and not needing to run a program to do it in real time)
The neck size and seam line up but the skin colors are slightly different. You don't need uMod to run the DLC packs and swaps but you still need it for custom textures
AyaneSeam.jpg

ChrisArmoun

So is there no way to extract and inject textures yet?
You can use uMod to to extract and inject textures. It's a simple fix to blend the neck seam but you change it for both slots. i.e. if you give Ayane an outfit from Kasumi and blend it to match Ayane it will also be altered in the original Kasumi slot, meaning it would no longer match her

gamemaster14

You can use uMod to to extract and inject textures. It's a simple fix to blend the neck seam but you change it for both slots. i.e. if you give Ayane an outfit from Kasumi and blend it to match Ayane it will also be altered in the original Kasumi slot, meaning it would no longer match her
Just wondering, might be a weird question, but could someone elses head be put on Alpha 152, I bet that would look really weird.

Kronin

IMO it's pretty interesting because DoA lacks of a similar character (a male character of middle age that appear old even if not an old man, so something in the "middle" between Bass/Raidou and Genfu). To be fair anyway, in DoA Dimensions it was possible to see briefly what should be his face in a screen in one of the chapters introduction collages pictures, even if the image it was too much blurry for distinguish something (more the characters were all very similar with the old anime style).

By the way remember that this isn't truly an official picture, so the character could be even totally changed when we will get a revelation in game. However I don't think that this will be the case because I can easily to notice similarities with his son (biological or cloned) Rig. Also, not exactly sure of the reason but his face has something that reminds me of Riccardo and Lorenzo villains from the game Demento/Haunting Ground, but maybe it's just me like always.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
He actually looks more intimidating without the mask. Just some random dude walking around with all these super soldiers for no big reason.

Could be an interesting alternative to Rig if you swap the heads.

synce

Why's he wearing the mask though? I legit don't know the story. Assumed he had scars or something

Also I can't believe someone remembers Demento :p

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Why's he wearing the mask though? I legit don't know the story. Assumed he had scars or something

Also I can't believe someone remembers Demento :p

The mask is Genra's or OMEGA's I believe. Nothing concrete, just speculation that it provides some sort of power.

gamemaster14

I remember a story scene of him putting on the mask of Omega.

Here it is from doa dimensions

Snap_2012-08-09_at_14.12.52.png

He probably thought the mask would give him power or something.

Kronin

@synce Actually is not clear because Donovan wears a mask, apparently seems just for keeping his face in the mistery but who knows. My speculation anyway is that he could be someone that the ninja could recognize if he was an ex-shinobi, as indeed could be hinted from him owning one of the Hajinmon sect masks (and maybe even from him knowing the location of the Kasumi village and having an alliance with Genra that wasn't more mindless puppet in the new canon but apparently just a true ally of Donovan's faction). But it's also true that he has never got reason to use it for them, the ninja have never met personally Victor.

The Hajinmon mask is visible in the epilogue of DoA Dimesnions, where we can see Donovan changing his usual white mask revealing to own even one on the same style of Genra/Ayane (the maks are two different ones @Mr. Wah).

The scene starts at 32:14 of this video (is the DoA:D' secret one after credits):

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD