Texture Editing (PC)

Chocolate Milk WIP
game 2015-04-01 21-39-20-74.jpg
game 2015-04-01 21-39-04-87.jpg

synce

I did not expect to have a plugsuit in this game day 1. Oh I love you internet people ;_;

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
hey, So in order to have the texture mods active at all time I will always need to run them through uMod or is there a way to package them and inject them?

Quoting you and tagging @Fiend Busa because looks liek it was overlooked and is something pertinent to my interests too...

Especially since I can't seem to link uMod back up to the game to have inject live.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Not until the game files get decrypted but don't quote me on that (99% sure lol)

Though it seems like we should see the game files opened to everyone soon :eek:

"It will be pretty damn easy.

Find out when the game references an encrypted file. Watch the game load that file into memory Look at what functions are run on that block of encrypted data after it is loaded.

More than likely, that will be enough to figure this out. If the game can decrypt the files, that means we can decrypt the files, since all the pieces are there. The real trouble will be repacking.

Repacking will be hard if they did some kind of public/private key encryption, meaning that the decryption key can't be used to re-encrypt the content.

What I will have to do in that case is patch the game to use unencrypted files, by having the game replace the step where it normally decrypts the files with just a blind copy :D

We will see whats up when I have time to look at stuff."

"The .bin files in the main dir contain some kind of mapping to the weird filenames in the DATA and DATA2 folders.

The exe at 0xFEBEE0 contains some kind of giant table of file references as well..

Zzzzzz. EZ PZ."

ChrisArmoun

Quoting you and tagging @Fiend Busa because looks liek it was overlooked and is something pertinent to my interests too...

Especially since I can't seem to link uMod back up to the game to have inject live.
You must be running uMod for mods to show up. If you're having problems linking it back up, delete it from the uMod list of games and readd it. Make sure you have Use Global Hook checked under the "Main" tab. Alternatively you can disable Use Global Hook, and start the game from uMod and it will auto inject.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
If you are using the global hook method and the game doesn't show usually deleting and readding the game fixes it. Also make sure you don't run uMod as admin.

Ooobe

If you are using the global hook method and the game doesn't show usually deleting and readding the game fixes it. Also make sure you don't run uMod as admin.
"DON'T"? run umod as admn? I haven't had a chance to play with my copy yet <and probably won't till Sunday>, but thanks for the warning and may I ask why?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I always wanted to try writing a hook procedure to test calls and such.

Let's hope the files get dcrypted since I'm looking forward to trying out audio mods.

The Enforcer

More than likely, that will be enough to figure this out. If the game can decrypt the files, that means we can decrypt the files, since all the pieces are there. The real trouble will be repacking.

Repacking will be hard if they did some kind of public/private key encryption, meaning that the decryption key can't be used to re-encrypt the content.

What I will have to do in that case is patch the game to use unencrypted files, by having the game replace the step where it normally decrypts the files with just a blind copy :D

Repacking shouldn't be a problem. Consoles ran perfectly fine with uncompressed data in the original bin files. The references to the original location only needed to be updated to the new location of the new uncompressed file. There was simply a flag to identify if a file was compressed or uncompressed.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Fuckin yes. Also this prob isn't a "mod" but custom music is gunna be sick.

I think we'll soon have another category with custom sounds like cues and tracks. Lord knows how much I want to shove my Tekken 3 sonndtrack onto this game.

Repacking shouldn't be a problem. Consoles ran perfectly fine with uncompressed data in the original bin files. The references to the original location only needed to be updated to the new location of the new uncompressed file. There was simply a flag to identify if a file was compressed or uncompressed.

Yeah, it should be fine. All the game really needs is to point to the right data and it'll be hunky dory.

I did notice slight directory layout between the LR directory and the 360 uncompressed version, but they're both very similar and honestly I think it's a bit irrelevant now that I think about.

ChrisArmoun

Once we can get to the actual model data, I plan to change Honoka's face in my game. I won't use words like "improvement" or "better" because it's all subjective but it annoys me that she has the same exact face as Marie Rose. I create characters as a hobby, my gallery is on DA, and never reuse faces.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD