Team Ninja Twitter

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Okay guys, the e3 discussion and wiiU discussion can be taken to the general E3 discussion. This is for discussion on Team NINJA's tweets only.

Berzerk!

Shimbori recaps on twitter, wonky translation care of google. Notable is the clarification, as expected, that they are NOT toning down Critical Burst, but looking at balancing access to the mechanic amongst all characters.

Starts at https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio/status/211370006234152960

Arrived in Japan safely finished the E3 [D Shinbori. Cheers for good work you did. Was really meaningful business trip was quite hard work. I think the system or impression or, you rest a little and also try to tweet. # DOA5
Like a lot of work [D Shinbori finished a business trip, when many days to come to work ...... I'll try and share memories of E3 within for now. # DOA5
[D] Although Shinbori during E3 was much in an interview on the back booth, TK saw between Booth was crowded with people to play a large DOA5. I was impressed also been enjoyable things made so much on their own! # DOA5 http://pic.twitter.com/B3yorYld
Fight was Master, Vanessa, Kayane, and tournament players out of IPL Chosen1] [D Shinbori somehow find the time. I beat the Master also ask them to go easy especially did not. # DOA5
The contest is not with it [D Shinbori out, was also against Rikuto was a commentary. Weimann was strong in his might ever seen. Battle with players who enjoyed so much stronger. Thank you. # DOA5
I think everyone really so strong Shinbori [D], and, I hope the day comes that such also wanted to fight with their top players in Japan have always taken care ... someday. # DOA5
Ah Shinbori D, then, have gone something like, "says a critical burst was too strong" in an interview after the IPL tournament, received a misconception that seems to "burst weakening critical" in some I. # DOA5
[D] it Shinbori rather than to weaken the system of the burst, overall coordination, as you'd Tatakaeru equally, it means that the balance between the characters. # DOA5
Critical reputation of the burst itself was determined to increase the element [D Shinbori] DOA was good, so I also like my system, I will try to adjust properly to the level playing interesting. # DOA5
D Shinbori Ah! Still did not have a description of the critical burst Come to think of it! But this time also mean that more ... I'm sorry! # DOA5

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
In the future, remove the D-Shimbori from the translations and google is a bit better.

Raansu

official translations.

Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] I just realized I haven't talked about the Critical Burst system itself! Sorry! Details coming some other time! #DOA5

1h Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] So we want to balance them well to ensure they really do make the game more fun. #DOA5

[D-YS] Critical Bursts are a new addition to the DOA system. People were pleased with them, and I like them too. #DOA5

[D-YS] We're looking at balancing the overall system and gameplay so we have fair fights between characters. #DOA5

[D-YS] We're not looking to weaken Critical Bursts. #DOA5

[D-YS] It seems that some people took that to mean that we were going to nerf Critical Bursts. #DOA5

[D-YS] Oh yeah! After the tournament, I did an interview with IPL where I mentioned Critical Bursts being too strong. #DOA5

[D-YS] You all were such good fighters, I wish I could get you to fight the top Japanese fighters! One of these days... #DOA5

[D-YS] It was a blast fighting all these amazing players. Thank you so much! #DOA5

[D-YS] I fought against @Rikuto_Kuronaga outside of the tournament, too. His Bayman just might be the toughest I've seen. #DOA5

[D-YS] @oMASTERo went easy on me, but there was still no way I could beat him. #DOA5

[D-YS] I also got a chance to play some of the IPL entrants: @oMASTERo, @oVAN3SSAo, @KayaneFR, @oChosen1o. #DOA5

[D-YS] There were tons of people playing the game! I was so happy to see so many people having fun with something we made! #DOA5

[D-YS] I was always in a meeting room doing interviews most of the time, but I got a few moments to watch the action in the booth. #DOA5

[D-YS] Back from E3 with a mountain of work piled up... For now, here are some of my memories from E3. #DOA5

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Gotta love the Rikuto props. He truly deserves it.
-He does. It is good to have someone who is willing to represent the community, and show that we both Support Shimbori-san and appreciate his efforts in making Doa one of the best available 3d fighters.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
props? huh. thats a switch... not sure how to react to that. anyway im glad he took the time to clarify himself somewhat, the moment i got wind of that interview i started pushing for answers. shoutout to Tom for delivering the message and dispelling the cloud of doom hanging overhead.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Lol, the props are well deserved. A person do not needed to be hated or despised on these forums for doing a great service for the community Mr. Rikuto!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
props? huh. thats a switch... not sure how to react to that. anyway im glad he took the time to clarify himself somewhat, the moment i got wind of that interview i started pushing for answers. shoutout to Tom for delivering the message and dispelling the cloud of doom hanging overhead.

Honestly I have to say you did a great job commentating at E3 and it was a nice balance between you and Kat. both informative and entertaining.

Not everyone has that sort of skill.

And I am very glad the tone was PG-13, without any of the forum trash talk ..LOL

I really enjoyed it.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Lol, the props are well deserved. A person do not needed to be hated or despised on these forums for doing a great service for the community Mr. Rikuto!

-----
"Just mash mid-hold and pretend like you're coming back" - DR2K

I agree with the post, but I just liked the post for the signature I just noticed you changed to. Haha.

Honestly I have to say you did a great job commentating at E3 and it was a nice balance between you and Kat. both informative and entertaining.

Not everyone has that sort of skill.

And I am very glad the tone was PG-13, without any of the forum trash talk ..LOL

I really enjoyed it.

"What happens on the [forum], stays on the [forum]." - Tom Hanks (The Green Mile)

In general, once you go offline, you find that everyone shuts their trap, let's their game do the talking, and then all go out for dinner and beer.

Ah, memories... am I the only one who remembers DOATEC where it was like 26 of us at one restaurant and we were just hassling CaliJared and Mystik about their friendship.

Kronin

I read this message in a comment about a Doa5 trailer on youtube,

No there wont be only 6 costumes, you heard that from the DEMO hackers, though on twitter tecmo said the cast is not conclusive or how many costumes there will be either. It was just an alpha demo. Most probably we will get more through DLC like other games.

Sincerely I don't remember a similar message from Shimbori or TN, someone remind a comment on the leaked info from the demo and their possible incorrectness?

PhoenixVFIRE

Sincerely I don't remember a similar message from Shimbori or TN, someone remind a comment on the leaked info from the demo and their possible incorrectness?
I don't remember it either, but I somewhat agree with the post. The Alpha demo hack, if anything, is just something to go off of for the time being IMO. Like that person and a few others have said, it was the Alpha demo and can/will change(Which is why I'm kinda hoping the leak is just unfinished). Also, Team Ninja did announce DLC which could also factor in a few things.

synce

Just some random internet dude pulling stuff out of his ass, I'm pretty sure TN never acknowledged any hacks in their twitter or it would've been discussed here..

I think the list's definitely accurate. I could see them releasing some kind of clone DLC with Ein and Kasumi Alpha, and maybe a boss DLC with Tengu and Raidou. But that's another topic altogether

BTW anyone else get lucky with that necklace giveaway?

Oh shit, one of the new characters will be revealed next week

Also they're rolling out the latest demo build to some stores in japan

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD