Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Mai has won tournaments as well (two in Japan in fact). Though winning tournaments isn't a guaranteed placement of character returns, but to leave a mark on history for a character on it's viability and seeing if the character was worth the money to play as. Mai has already made her contribution and yet people are severely optimistic or just shallow tolerate it on her return because it's what keeps their pipes activated. TN made a smart move in a business standpoint, but yet that also could of been applied for picking another female guest who's "new" and not reused with similar popularity scale.

It's like "Screw logic. Mai is in DB because i'm severely so assumed by Mai that every time I'm around her i feel so pure! DB why can't you understand that?" because finding comprehension within it is like finding magic unicorns.

What tournaments did she win in Japan? I've watched them all, but I must have forgotten. The guaranteed placement is something I agree with, and have tried to make my argument with that case. Most of the best players in DOA had pocket Rachel BTW and they didn't choose Raidou or Leon because they knew she was better.

I don't hate Mai, and I promoted the hell out of her when she released, and used her... but I don't think she felt like a better character than Rachel or Momiji even. She needs some stuff, and I'm thinking that Team NINJA will work out the kinks... but VF was acceptable because there would be no DOA without that series.

With the game scrapping even OG characters for the FIRST time -- it leaves a bitter taste to see the anime girls and Mai in their stead. Especially when we have plenty of characters like Mai. Leon would have been so much fun with the DOA6 system.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
What tournaments did she win in Japan? I've watched them all, but I must have forgotten. The guaranteed placement is something I agree with, and have tried to make my argument with that very same case.

I don't hate Mai, and I promoted the hell out of her when she released, and used her... but I don't think she felt like a better character than Rachel or Momiji even.

She's won the two hosted by Miyabin I think two years ago https://twitter.com/TXR_miyabin, one around March and the other in the summer (which were a major venue I hear) by a player named RunitBack (single elimination tournament but eh, still counts). It was the one where Runitback got a free entry in the EVOJ with AirGear and Jason commentating over there and made it to the grand finals, but he didn't win that one.

Yeah trust me, I never hated Mai. I supported people who play her and promoted her to SNK forums like DreamCancel, however all characters are treated the same. Especially 3rd party characters. People shouldn't make that call, but TN did because it's TN and well "gotta have priorities".

Overall, she's in the game already so it is what it is. Hopefully that second SNK character is epic.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
For correction, he never called him a guest. He'll make guest "appearances" but he was never labeled as a true guest, he was never even from another game. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson makes guest appearances in wrestling but yet The Rock made himself a story there. Not the same here. This is another one of Shimbori's terrible moments.

Regardless, some of the bits you made form the post is heavily scaled on the fun bias factor. Mai only got in because TN "still" had their contract up and played the obvious favoritism of the tits and thighs that they seem to develop a boner every time they see her. Should of just picked another guest with tits and thighs so not sure why they thought this was a solid move. I guess it's "cheaper costs to reuse the same guest character" so maybe that's why (?) who knows.

Again, my Mai issue is because she didn't get replaced for another SNK female character (which they should of. Equality entry, equality boot). It would of been "2" new guests instead of one but it is what it is. Never hated Mai (which you so believed), but more or less disappointed considering most of you don't even play that character and even some of the competitive players are tired of her in Japan. It's like "woa, let's add a character who's not even #1 in the poll of SNK's top popular characters but #1 on TN's list of high end boner". But hey, she's in the game so it is what it is.
Why would TN do more effort to include another character when they can just reuse assets? They did it with Rachel as well.
Nah... Rachel felt waaaay more complete than Mai. Rachel was actually used and won tournaments.

I don't think people have been rude requesting the characters. I think people have been rude to people that have requested the characters though. I think persistent would be a better word to define such people.

People have gotten rude at the result of individuals like you claiming they are crazy. You know how Republicans call democrats (voters for christ sake) terrorists on the basis of... nothing?
I don’t see the correlation between her winning tournaments and her being a incomplete character. You need to stop acting like winning tournaments and being popular at offline matches should guarantee a character in the next instalment. They clearly stated from day 1 that they would pick their characters based on the story. Anyway this argument is tired, through and irrelevant. They’re not in, shit happens.

Congratulations on taking a comparison out of context and going completely off-topic with it in the process. Don't read into it so much that you do it, because at the end of the day posts like these IMO are what get some threads closed.
it already was going off topic when you decided to whine about those characters not being in for the 1000th time.

Raansu

What tournaments did she win in Japan? I've watched them all, but I must have forgotten. The guaranteed placement is something I agree with, and have tried to make my argument with that case. Most of the best players in DOA had pocket Rachel BTW and they didn't choose Raidou or Leon because they knew she was better.

I don't hate Mai, and I promoted the hell out of her when she released, and used her... but I don't think she felt like a better character than Rachel or Momiji even. She needs some stuff, and I'm thinking that Team NINJA will work out the kinks... but VF was acceptable because there would be no DOA without that series.

With the game scrapping even OG characters for the FIRST time -- it leaves a bitter taste to see the anime girls and Mai in their stead. Especially when we have plenty of characters like Mai. Leon would have been so much fun with the DOA6 system.

Ya Leon definitely should have been in this game.

This is never going to end so I'm going to change the subject and post DOATEC's latest media tweet now l0l

lol well we know they been recording these on pc now.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Just thinking here, but if you step the bolt into a step attack, Nico could possibly have enough time to teleport and possibly land a BT situation (assuming it truly leaves them back turned as many SSA attacks leaves different characters in different situations so it's just speculations).

The bolt is also a + GB fully charged so who knows, interesting.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So I just found out that Nico can teleport after the bolt GB even in open space. For a minute I thought the bolt had to connect on an opponent that gets hit/blocked/or if they try to hold the non-holdable strike, turns out she can do it out in the open. There may be consequences doing it right out in the open but may be useful to get yourself out of the pinch jam near walls. For starters, you can't hold that bolt. If you block it, it's a GB. If you held it, it forces you into a step.

In short, the recovery might be huge so you'd have to make Nico whiff to get a free hit (or even a throw).

d3v

I know she was in KOF 14 but in my heart I consider her a guest character in KOF (i know its technically one big SNK crossover but the time period difference is so weird to me).
Except she ain't, not when she actually gets cinematic cut scenes in arcade mode (regardless of the actual team you pick).

Time period doesn't matter when she's supposed to exist outside the bounds of time and space now.

Dr PaC

Interesting stuff right here,

Teleport after Kokoro held the non-holdable strike:

First character that can do something like that. This might condition people to block if they decide to hold the bolt, since the bolt is non-holdable in the first place.
Was Sonicfox playing this at EVO Japan? I didnt see anything pop up on youtube for it
Edit:
Disregard. I see the full playthru on his Twitch

SaihateDYNAMO

Except she ain't, not when she actually gets cinematic cut scenes in arcade mode (regardless of the actual team you pick).

Time period doesn't matter when she's supposed to exist outside the bounds of time and space now.
Considering how long KOF has been a thing, plus how long it’s taken for them to make a Samurai Shodown character playable (I know about the Nakoruru striker in 2000 but that wasn’t canon) its just hard for me to associate the character to KOF, that’s mainly what I’m saying. Ever since the beginning KOF was essentially Fatal Fury vs. Art of Fighting with original characters and a couple smaller old IPs sprinkled in for good measure. Samurai Shodown was never a part of that until Nakoruru randomly showed up in KOF14.

The whole shebang with Verse being able to change time and space and bring whoever and whatever should really be reserved for the old bosses, non-canon characters, and characters from the future (aka Garou). But if in KOF 15 they go all out with the concept and give us a Samsho team, a World Heroes team, etc etc. then I’ll consider characters like Nakoruru truly part of KOF since she won’t be on the random guest character team anymore, plus we will have more SNK fighters commonly represented than just AOF and FF.

Guest star in KOF =/= KOF character imo.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD