Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

just_me

Standard Donor

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I was referring to a part of this tweet:

BlackKite wrote “Reminder of what he(Shimbori) previously said” linking to a tweet with a snippet from the IGN article… however, the snippet only contains a quote from Saito and the interpretation from the author. What the snippet does not contain is a statement from Shimbori, as suggested by the Tweet.

Well, that's his personal opinion.

But his translation in Famitsu interview (at least the quotes provided by ryokutya, we still have to wait for Famitsu scans) are accurate.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
There's our DOA6U, folks!
Good one.
source.gif

Jyu_Viole_Grace

There isn't price yet.

I think they are studying if there's interest or not. If there's interest, since it also is a mix of costumes with KOF XIV collaboration, I think there's a good chance it can be cheaper than the 92€ season passes of DOA5LR.

Raansu

That said, I guess everyone should take a reminder about the previous mistranslation case regarding the censor thingy? Was it by him. If yes, then do take pre-caution.

I know BlackKite for a long time. He is enthusiastic. But I must say once I have tried translating things myself, I've found him mixing his own guesses and opinions into his translations sometimes. Making them inaccurate to the point of false information getting spread by another game 'journalists' and communities who just consume the translation.

Not trying to set up an issue here. But please be aware.

Japanese is a category 4 or 5 language. I forget which, but its one of the most difficult languages to learn and translating it to English is even more difficult. Mistranslations are extremely common and most don't realize that, which is why I take a lot of the comments the media make with a grain of salt because I imagine Shimbori is trying to convey something one way, and a translator conveys it in the most basic way possible half the time.

U_C_A_F

Well it seems that they are favouring old veterans. Leon will get his turn at some point probably. They didn't specify any priority order. They are just saying what they are always saying : "if people buy the game/ask for <insert character name> we will consider it".

They are greedly teasing and making the fans hungry.

Didn't Leon fans already do this when he was cut in 5? @EMPEROR_COW even had a petition thread which was one of the most active threads here back in the day with a lot off people wanting him back and constantly hounded the team about his inclusion every chance he got only for them to cut him again in 6, So its obvious TN doesn't give a shit about fan requests unless they align with their own personal/business preferences otherwise we wouldn't have 2 kasumi's, two KOF characters as the season 1 dlc fighters and raidou who is less requested/used than anyone on the roster.

Last edited:

candynarwhal

Good one.
I honestly wouldn't mind if they added to the Story Mode in a re-release, though. It's not a great selling point, because nobody plays a fighting game for the story - but if they have the content more or less ready to go, why not throw it in?

DLC will take care of costumes, characters, and I'm sure even stages down the line as well. If a re-release primarily would be about updates to mechanics - which they could honestly include in a patch, if the point wasn't to make money - they could easily include the story stuff to show these off more thoroughly, as the Story Mode in DOA5 at least was kind of like an extended tutorial.

It's the one thing I was missing from DOA5U/DOA5LR, actually - I wasn't interested in any of the newcomers, because I didn't have any context for them.

I do appreciate that we're getting new intros and victory poses in free updates, though. I'm glad they seem to understand that it wouldn't go over well if they attempted to monetize that kind of thing.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

More about the Famitsu interview:

-They plan adding costumes and characters meanwhile the listen the feedback
-"Sexy imagery" is indispensable for the game
-They plan improving physics even more post launch. Physics aren't enough "soft" for him.
-It's hard to work with the new engine (DW9) but they tried their best to bring a high quality product.
-They "heard" (who?) that the team wasn't able to include Gen Fu. The possibility of him coming in the future exists.
-For adding Momiji and Rachel they have to talk with the company (Koei Tecmo) and there are internal talks about it.
-They had to cut around 30 scenarios from the story mode due to various circumstances. Shimbori would like to add those if the game is a hit but he can't promise it.

https://twinfinite.net/2019/02/dead-or-alive-6-sexy/

Juihau

I recall reading that Koei Tecmo wants to standardize the engine all of their games run on, so it's actually pretty likely that TN didn't have a choice in it.

just_me

Standard Donor
It's not like they had any other choice… the old engine needed massive renovation either way and Nioh's … lol… 720p and below @ unstable 60FPS on PS4, or 1080p and below at unstable 60FPS… yeah… that's not cutting it either.

Brute

Standard Donor
I still insist on my previous directive: Use a different engine.

Surely Koei is capable of reading as well, right? Actually wait, probably not. Crap. I'll have to go to their lobby and start shouting in Japanese. BRB

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Curious though, if TN had the ability to go for a different engine, what could they use? UE?

UE4 didn't work well in Tekken and Soul Calibur on consoles either. Especially on base Xbox One they are horrid looking in 720p and low graphics settings.

It would've never happened, but Capcom's RE Engine seems to be great and very scalable on weaker hardware. Devil May Cry 5 at 60fps and in 1080p on base consoles, 60fps and native 1800p on PS4 Pro and 60fps and native 4K on Xbox One X. And that with absolutely gorgeous character and enemy models, beautifully detailed environments and a firework of effects on screen at once.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
UE4 didn't work well in Tekken and Soul Calibur on consoles either. Especially on base Xbox One they are horrid looking in 720p and low graphics settings.

It would've never happened, but Capcom's RE Engine seems to be great and very scalable on weaker hardware. Devil May Cry 5 at 60fps and in 1080p on base consoles, 60fps and native 1800p on PS4 Pro and 60fps and native 4K on Xbox One X. And that with absolutely gorgeous character and enemy models, beautifully detailed environments and a firework of effects on screen at once.

Yeah Capcom's RE engine looks amazing. I still kinda talk about it to this day along with DMC5.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD