Community Team NINJA Halloween Costume Contest

CommanderWiggles

Well, technically, it's all about copyright.
I think they mean to not use their CG renders and such. I could ask them about it on Facebook if anyone would like me to (despite you all have the liberty to do it anyways).

Since no one really paid attention to my lament about using a cloth skirt instead of an icicle skirt...
It's a shame we can't resubmit. I resubmitted in the last contest (despite my entry sucked anyways), but I really want to resubmit my entry with the icicle skirt.

The icicle skirt looks so much better and cleaner. The cloth skirt was too scale-y and unfinished.
Got too rushed to finish the idea of "Ice Princess" so no one else would take it I guess. Silly me.
10388124_237495946458648_2553951225033919155_n.png

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I actually like the original one better... ;)
By the way, nice idea! Could turn out to be quite popular.

synce

Definitely don't rush to submit anything, TN wasn't very good with updates last time. I'm waiting until the last day

legibifou

I was thinking: an halloween costume contest, doesn't it supposed to have only scary costumes?
I mean, seeing the first halloween pack, the most of the costumes were kinda scary (Not all of theme, I know). But I'm just not sure that Team Ninja expects having so much carnival/mardi-gras costumes' themes... What do you think?

CommanderWiggles

I was thinking: an halloween costume contest, doesn't it supposed to have only scary costumes?
I mean, seeing the first halloween pack, the most of the costumes were kinda scary (Not all of theme, I know). But I'm just not sure that Team Ninja expects having so much carnival/mardi-gras costumes' themes... What do you think?
No. Just costumes that could be Halloween themed. A lot of people are just going for trash sexy, but I've seen some like, porcelain doll ones and adorable costumes.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Theres obviously gonna be sexy costumes, this is halloween were talking about (not to mention DOA)

Tirahrr

Think I should bare the torso with the underboob and low rise pants? Maybe a stomach tattoo...
Doubt tn would put that on her model but I can try lol.

I don't know katakana or any Japanese so I may just put a dragon...no a bee tattoo on her abs somewhere.

I'm thinking bit up I'll try some sketches of that later today. Idea sketches for rowdy mila lol

No to the low rise pants, yes to the stomach tattoo. Up to you with the underboob, would look fine either way. I think a big belt, or belt buckle at least would look really cool with your design.

As for the tattoo, a dragon or maybe multiple bees on or up one side of her stomach would look nice. Something in a similar position to either of these:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs12/i/2006/314/9/0/061111_kittysniper_by_bara_chan.jpg
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/31/64/35/3164352e92fc4ed1b05fb1d141a85605.jpg

Or if you're going to do a dragon, something like this with the tail going up between her breasts could work.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs12/i/2006/275/1/3/061003_akai_by_bara_chan.jpg

Definitely don't rush to submit anything, TN wasn't very good with updates last time. I'm waiting until the last day

In the rules it says they're only accepting one submission, no updates or changes allowed (look at rule #2). So make sure you're 100% happy with your design before you submit it guys!

CommanderWiggles

In the rules it says they're only accepting one submission, no updates or changes allowed (look at rule #2). So make sure you're 100% happy with your design before you submit it guys!

Don't make the same mistake I did: Rushing so your idea doesn't get used. Eh heh heh.

Mine doesn't look great anyways. Go ahead and copy the idea. It's pretty obvious it would have happened either way.

Tirahrr

Don't make the same mistake I did: Rushing so your idea doesn't get used. Eh heh heh.

Mine doesn't look great anyways. Go ahead and copy the idea. It's pretty obvious it would have happened either way.
Yeah I should probably get working on my design and post it here so at least people know I didn't copy someone else's idea if there happens to be any overlapping ideas ... and since it's Halloween that's quite possible.

*sigh* But the procrastinator in me wants to do other stuff first ...

Argentus

Yeah I should probably get working on my design and post it here so at least people know I didn't copy someone else's idea if there happens to be any overlapping ideas ... and since it's Halloween that's quite possible.

*sigh* But the procrastinator in me wants to do other stuff first ...
I'm doing multiple concepts at the moment
Bee mila
Bantyo mila
Ghoul Mila
ultimate weapon Leon
Paper bag mask phase 4
Effemineliot

Just brainstorming and throwing every idea out there.
No to the low rise pants, yes to the stomach tattoo. Up to you with the underboob, would look fine either way. I think a big belt, or belt buckle at least would look really cool with your design.

As for the tattoo, a dragon or maybe multiple bees on or up one side of her stomach would look nice. Something in a similar position to either of these:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs12/i/2006/314/9/0/061111_kittysniper_by_bara_chan.jpg
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/31/64/35/3164352e92fc4ed1b05fb1d141a85605.jpg

Or if you're going to do a dragon, something like this with the tail going up between her breasts could work.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs12/i/2006/275/1/3/061003_akai_by_bara_chan.jpg

As this is essentially a variation of my last design I'd rather have a sports bra, but underboob bandages would probably get more votes...
I'll try tattoos.

Tirahrr

I'd rather have a sports bra, but underboob bandages would probably get more votes...

It's also more befitting with the whole bantyo look you're going for.

In my mind atm, I'm working on either a Human Ninetails (think Gumiho or Tamamo no Mae) for Momiji, or a Pop-Idol outfit for Ein. The Ninetails outfit will have some serious clipping issues I'll have to work around, but besides that it's the one I'm leaning towards cos I love Momiji and want more outfits for her.

But even though I don't play Ein often, he is in some serious need if decent outfits (along with the rest if the males, majority of which I don't care about though so I'll leave that to someone else). However, I've sketched on top of some of his in-game photos and renders to see how the outfit would look in game and lol ... it looks bad. He's too bulky and there's just a lot of things about it not working. I'll keep on designing both ideas though, it might look better when drawn properly.

T Reiner

@Tyaren
Done extremely quickly on break, but first concept sketch
10317578_1453534058230318_7782571954314542245_o.jpg
WOW
I really love your Costume. I actually voted for your costume during the last contest. Its great to see your original idear coming back. I like the headband but please dont have it cover milas eyes. I also think that the thong goes to high. you should place it lower or maby replace it with your original boxer shorts concept . I can't wait to see how the tattoo is going to look like. Could you also give mila a belly piercing and a bee amulett.

PS:
Do you already know what kind of color scheme your are going to choose

T Reiner

10448546_1452822794968111_8243972205438379206_o.jpg

Sketching out ideas ..

For Leon, either a marauder submission, or a Tyrantish Ultimate Weapon look.

Thoughts?
please dont be upset but the bee costume kinda creeps me out. its probably the eyes. I dont know if you are planning to do more than just one costume commison but could you do a native american, cowgirl or cat costume for mila.

As for Leon marauder is a pretty general term. Could you go a little more into detail. I think a vikinger costume like the barbarian in diablo 3 would look cool on him. They both look like old Dudens that have seen a lot of f*ck up shit in the lifes
http://cd1.leviathyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/D3-Barbarian.jpg

Argentus

WOW
I really love your Costume. I actually voted for your costume during the last contest. Its great to see your original idear coming back. I like the headband but please dont have it cover milas eyes. I also think that the thong goes to high. you should place it lower or maby replace it with your original boxer shorts concept . I can't wait to see how the tattoo is going to look like. Could you also give mila a belly piercing and a bee amulett.

PS:
Do you already know what kind of color scheme your are going to choose
Lol thought about covering the eyes. Rather not do belly piercing, not my thing. But color scheme was thinking cooler colors of white and blue like before.
I can include the been amulet from before, that's not a thong, its criss crossing dual belts. Thanks for the feedback!

As forMarauder Leon, that was in the past contest as well, it was his top submission I think.
.and if that bee design freaks you out be glad I didn't go for an actual insectoid creepy version lol. Its Halloween, okay to freak out!

Candy Dragon

@Argentus what is the design actually meant to be? Is it a costume or just clothing? You might have mentioned it and I missed it, but it doesn't appear like anything obvious (like a pirate or zombie)

I'm also personally not a fan of the underboob. I think TN have ruined a few classic costumes by adding/updating them with underboob. (I'm looking at you Ayane) :p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD