News Team NINJA Announces PS4 Title in Development

Today, Yosuke Hayashi has announced that after Yaiba releases, their next game could be exclusive to PS4. All we can do now is wait for future updates. The game is likely to be the next Ninja Gaiden based off the selected tease photo, but could this mean DOA is destined to be exclusive to Sony's latest platform in the future?

Last edited:
I don't think fighting games should be console exclusive. However, if TN made the PS4 version of the next DOA exclusive in Japan, that makes sense. Then in America and other territories, they make it multiplatform.

Exactly what Kwon said. Perfect way to test developing on the hardware without ruining one of their signature games. (ex. DOA6, Ninja Gaiden 4, etc.)

They didn't say PS4 exclusive in the interview. They said a PS4 title was in development. Without the full context of the interview it's hard to say for sure what was meant. I sincerely doubt a full, core TN title will be exclusive to any platform the way the market is currently.

I'll get a lot of flak for my enthusiasm regarding it, but I don't care. If the game is DOAX3, it better get some serious backing with AM2 for some solid minigames. I want more than just a lounging game showcasing beautiful graphics this time around. I want a jetski game with the finesse of Waverace. I want the volleyball game more akin to Beach Spikers with its own semi-fantasy sport elements inspired from DOA5 (such as power serves, power spikes, etc). And for the love of God, please include a decent online/offline multiplayer with customizations intact.

If it's Ninja Gaiden 4, the story should tie in to DOA6 and bring back Tengu in some way, be it the original or an offspring seeking revenge. Of course, if Yaiba's gameplay proves to be an improvement of the tried-and-true formula that already exists in NGB, they should expand on that as well. Finally, a playable Hayate.

Hm, they said PS4. Not PS4 and Xbox One. So, to me this could mean that a free-to-play title is in the works. Or just some random exclusive.

Okay okay, let me untwist everyone's panties here:

1) DOAN has a habit of adding speculation from inference in his news posts. The article said nothing about being PS4 exclusive, it simply said it was being made for PS4 and made no mention of Xbox One.

2) Hayashi has always preferred the playstation and other platforms over the xbox. His status as game director began with TN's first PS exclusives and he's been continuing to show progressively more interest in PS than Xbox (which is one of the main 2 reasons I made the switch to PS over xbox, btw). I wouldn't be surprised if TN develops consoles primarily on PS and then tweaks/adjusts/ports them for other platform releases, such as xbox or WiiU.

3) It's hard to blame him on that last note. While ideally we want everything cross-platform, MS seems to be dicking around with TN a lot lately. They're bad getting their patches released, they denied them Core Fighters, PS is way bigger than Xbox in Japan (where they are), etc.

4) I seriously doubt this will be DOA6. It might be NG4, but even then, I wouldn't bank on it.

5) Whenever you guys talk about TN betraying their "original fan base" by not making things on xbox, that carries a lot of odd connotations. First, when TN started making games, there was no xbox. Second, TN made DOA2 on Dreamcast, then Playstation!, then they made DOA3 for xbox and stayed with xbox for a while. Third, it's not like TN's fanbase is stuck on xbox. I used to play their games on xbox, now I do so on PS. This game is being made for new gen consoles. It's very likely many 360 players will get a PS4 instead of an Xbox One. So really, TN is no more of an "xbox player" thing now than it is a "PS player" thing.

6) If it is indeed an exclusive, that is stupid. I don't think that will be the case however.

Last edited:
2) Hayashi has always preferred the playstation and other platforms over the xbox. His status as game director began with TN's first PS exclusives and he's been continuing to show progressively more interest in PS than Xbox (which is one of the main 2 reasons I made the switch to PS over xbox, btw). I wouldn't be surprised if TN develops consoles primarily on PS and then tweaks/adjusts/ports them for other platform releases, such as xbox or Vita.

3) It's hard to blame him on that last note. While ideally we want everything cross-platform, MS seems to be dicking around with TN a lot lately. They're bad getting their patches released, they denied them Core Fighters, PS is way bigger than Xbox in Japan (where they are), etc.

You definitely made a great point here. ;)

It seems Microsoft gave TN a hard time with some of the stuff in DOA5 and 5U regarding patches/online stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if DOA goes Playstation, but I don't think this announcement here is about DOA6, as it is way too early to decide that yet.

I doubt that it's DOA6 lol or a NG4. That's jumping the gun a bit. It may be some kind of spinoff to NG or something if it's exclusive. Plus since the way they're marketing with both companies now, I think it's out of the question especially since DOA5U wasn't too long ago released 4 months ago (& still relatively new) so it's highly doubtful at this time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD