so when you press a button right after you SE...

Camel with 2 thumbs

the inputs from the SE are preserved and are combined with the button press, producing some unwanted results.

for example. let's say im using Ein and im fighting a hitomi, let's say i get tagged with a 2h+k making me minus -5, i make the read that the hitomi is either going to
A. 6t
B. 6k
C. 2H+K again
in order to beat those options, i opt to jab, since a fast standing jab will beat all 3 of these options, but to land it, i have to SE to lessen the stun, so i make a quick circles with the d pad and sometimes the jab will come out fine, but other times i get 236p which is definitely not the move i want. If i do the back and forth method of SE sometimes i'll get ein's 46p. basically because all these inputs are done is such a quick succession, the game is combining them all into one motion, is there a way around this or is it just something you have to deal with?

GetLucky

Me personally I hold in block then do 4-6 till the stuns gone and either continue to hold block or input the move as the stun is ending.

Holding block should help eliminate ur buffering problem. But u have to get use to doing it so u don't counter instead of slowescaping.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I personally don't trust SE on a pad. Sticks let me do a 720 super fast and leave enough window to not buffer an extra directional input.

The pad buffering methods suffers from some major cons. I suppose if you can buffer 46p instead that might be better since that move is good. If it's for standing jab buffers, you need to leave more than 10 frames (preferably 15) if you want to get a standing jab.

This isn't related to the current discussion but I feel like I need to write about because it's somewhat related:
When Bass does 214h+p > 6h+p into 6kp, this setup is actually stagger escapeable and holdable on the second hit (albeit very hard), but is pretty much impossible on pad. It's a special case, but it emphasises how you can and can't buffer things in different situations.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD