Should Team Ninja make a new fighting game IP?

Rachel the fiend Slayer

I think it would be great if TN made an FG outside of DOA. Lots of companies make 2 or more fighting games different from the other like

Capcom: Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Power Stone, Marvel vs Capcom,ect

Namco: Tekken and Soul Calibur

Sega: Virtua Fighter, Fighting Vipers, Sonic Fighters

SNK: King Of Fighters, Samurai Showdown, Fatal Fury, Art Of Fighting, ect

and more. DOA focuses more on fighters competing in a martial arts tournament, so maybe they could make another FG that takes place with mythical creatures and monsters fighting each other, high school students battling it out, a weapon based fighting game, even a martial arts tournament like Street Fighter or King Of Fighters where characters have powers and such.

Do you think TN should explore more in the FG genre?

Kohlrak

Maybe i they did, they could take some focus off the Ninjas in DoA. Heck, i could easily see some spinoff games that delve deeper into character pasts like, say, Brad or Gen Fu.

synce

I don't think they have the money or the manpower. According to Ono, Capcom couldn't fund SF5 even after several iterations of SF4

Kohlrak

Personally I'd like to see a Warrors Orochi weapon-based Fighting game, they might have to slim down the cast though :p

Nah, the caste and their characters is better for using weapons to take out large groups. I don't see much more originality coming out, so the best i can think of them doing is either making a contest or a spinoff of DoA or something. TK doesn't have much to work with.

AsheMann21

Nah, the caste and their characters is better for using weapons to take out large groups. I don't see much more originality coming out, so the best i can think of them doing is either making a contest or a spinoff of DoA or something. TK doesn't have much to work with.
It's interesting to note that the original Dynasty Warriors aka DW1 (outside of japan) was a fighting game. The hacking and slashing started with DW2. So, I'd be really happy if TK were to create a fighting game spinoff :)
Personally I'd like to see a Warrors Orochi weapon-based Fighting game, they might have to slim down the cast though :p
In WO3 Hyper, they have a sort of fighting game mini mode. You still have the 3 man party and you can use some character cards (which I don't really fancy). But what I'd give to play a WO Fighting game ....

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD