Should "Snap Backs" be allowed in Tag Battle?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Yup getting rid of the character that's used to extend juggles early on allows for more strategy. Or adjusting the match up for your point character.

That's good for when I don't want Kasumi in a match and I just force her partner in (knowing most people it'll probably be Christie or Sarah which would just make the burst a waste anyway), better if I can get rid of Sarah early on, but at least it assures me that yeah, I do have a chance to change the dynamics of the match.

But I'm still certain that if you don't give a solo character (someone without a partner) a tag burst, they're in a position where the probability of making a come back is very slim and considering how much tag dynamics have changed and you can't even slow escape any more, you're kind of screwed for that round, unless you're superman.

d3v

Interesting. Though I guess it would be too much to ask for MvC2/Skullgirls style double snaps (that leave one character free to be TODed).

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
"Hey, you guys like random games, right? Check this out!"
-What on this planet of trillions are you talking about? Seriously. You are unnecessarily just bashing the game. I am your friend, I happen to like you very much, however, I am just not getting you as of late. I know Doa5 is not to your liking, but take a step back and exhale! Please listen to what I am going to say to you. The record shows that the majority of both our high level and general competitive players find Doa5 to be a good competitive fighter...if not decent at best. Trust me bro, I was there right along with you. I just allowed myself to see beyond what I thought Doa had to be, and simply let Doa5 be the fighter it was meant to be! Once you let go of the shackles(Doa3.1) you are bound to, you will see how far the series have actually progressed for the good.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
The record shows that the majority of both our high level and general competitive players find Doa5 to be a good competitive fighter...if not decent at best.
I don't see how. I've tried to give the game a fair chance. I even bought a second copy of PS3 just to try the 1.03 "glitch" patch. I've even tried to pick Wah's brain but couldn't get him to talk. I'm under the impression that everyone (but me) is playing nice just to try and get on Team Ninja's good side.

Once you let go of the shackles(Doa3.1) you are bound to, you will see how far the series have actually progressed for the good.
Show me. I tried, I honestly did, but all I saw was DOA4.5. I'm actually particularly interested in Lei Fang since she seems to have changed so much but I'm having trouble getting the grasp of her for the same reason. Though I've been "maining" Hayate in DOA5 but he's got shit going for him. Same for Akira.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I don't see how. I've tried to give the game a fair chance. I even bought a second copy of PS3 just to try the 1.03 "glitch" patch. I've even tried to pick Wah's brain but couldn't get him to talk. I'm under the impression that everyone (but me) is playing nice just to try and get on Team Ninja's good side.

Show me. I tried, I honestly did, but all I saw was DOA4.5. I'm actually particularly interested in Lei Fang since she seems to have changed so much but I'm having trouble getting the grasp of her for the same reason. Though I've been "maining" Hayate in DOA5 but he's got shit going for him. Same for Akira.
-I will help you out bro. Do you have a 360 so we can sparr? You have to be really patient with me though, I truly suck teaching character stuff.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Doesn't have to be character stuff. Show me how this game is good though. I'm grap3fruitman on XBL. Are you free tonight?

d3v

Marvel 3 isn't even random once you play at the highest levels (i.e. against ChrisG's MorriDoom).

Tenren

so from what Ive seen so far. A snapped out character is locked out for a period of time. In that time the snapped out "locked out" character doesn't regenerate heath. Also both characters must be available to perform a snap back due to it kinda like tag style move.

so if Im playing tag the first thing I want to do is force out the one of the other characters, thus making it a 2 on 1. I would like to know if you can perform muti force outs in 1 round or if it will be a 1 time deal sorta like a power blow

MrMoon360

Once you let go of the shackles(Doa3.1) you are bound to, you will see how far the series have actually progressed for the good.

Whooooa.
I think that's saying a little much. For one, I don't like the way DOA3.1 sounds like a poison or veil that needs to be ridden of to see the light. While DOA5 may be a good game, I think it has taken a turn toward a more complex and difficult machine to balance. Also not that simple to learn.
With the stun system in heavy use and constant guessing within it (constant because of the stun threshold prolonging a satisfying launch), I don't see it ever getting balanced properly. Every character needs good guaranteed damage and the ability to provide a decent match up for any character if the basic mechanics of the game are utilized.
I wish that in this new complexity they are pursuing, they would've taken more from their father series Virtua Fighter in terms of guaranteed damage. Certain attacks should just be more blunt and fair about it.

I personally think this series has gone down a road that is lonely and unrivaled -- in a bad way.

DOA5 is a moped; a guilty pleasure that I now primarily play because of my favored characters.

P.S. If what I hear about DOA5U getting VF stuns, crumples, bounds is true, there may be something worth saving, concerning DOA5's vision.

d3v

TAC into infinite is completely random and a big part of his team.
But bullet hell isn't and forces the other player to play fundamentally solid.

In any case, converting stray or "random" hits into damage is a big part of alot of great fighters (MvC2, 3rd Strike, CvS2, Skullgirls, etc.). Heck two of those I mentioned focus heavily on the rest guessing game.

Back on topic, I'm curious about the cost of the snapback. In Marvel and Skullgirls, doing 1 costs one bar of meter, meaning that you have to sacrifice a potential super. The decision to snap isn't something you take lightly.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD